g3d.dll Crash with AES 1.93

jpost

AHHHH!!! I just did a flight from KORD to EGLL, both AES activated and got the same problem, however mine reported the problem to be with vimaiscn.dll and g3d.dll although i encountered the g3d.dll on a flight from KSFO to KEWR, all AES activated.

I got the g3d.dll before perfoming the 3GB patch to fs9.exe. This flight just now to EGLL was my first flight with the 3GB patch which gave me the vimaiscn.dll error.

This is FRUSTRATING!!!! I hope you guys figure this one out cause its KILLING ME!

Chris

I'm only getting a g3d.dll error, and only when I'm on finals and 6 miles from an AES airport.

Would be nice if you posted your specs guys so we can get an idea of what to eliminate (video drivers and so on).

I also noticed this has over 1300 views. :shock:

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. I would like to know what dll/modules load when AES becomes active.

I get the CTD and the g3d.dll error as soon as AES loads. It's sparse too, meaning it happens most of the time but not always.....

I was always under the impression that a g3d.dll error was texture related. Maybe a texture in AES loading causes this?

• Developer

Hi,

AES is runing in most parts in the scenery engine of the FS and this is handled by the g3d.dll

AES will "call" subopcodes handled by the vimaiscne.dll, like access to AES specific memory areas, allocated by vimaiscne.dll.

The AES code in the scenery engine can't see any problem in allocating the memory area, because vimaIscen is handling that.

If there is a problem to get this memory or the pointers are out of range, it will result in a crash of the scenery engine (g3d.dll) when

the next AES BGL code will be called.

When there is a code mistype or a missing texture, this will happen allways, not only in this specific configuration or low memory situations.

As this problem is only reported in combination with systems, which operates at the limits of the FS, I think it must have to do with the memory allocation, so give Maurizio some time to check the specifications of Visual Studio, to check if there are options to handle that.

Hi,

AES is runing in most parts in the scenery engine of the FS and this is handled by the g3d.dll

AES will "call" subopcodes handled by the vimaiscne.dll, like access to AES specific memory areas, allocated by vimaiscne.dll.

The AES code in the scenery engine can't see any problem in allocating the memory area, because vimaIscen is handling that.

If there is a problem to get this memory or the pointers are out of range, it will result in a crash of the scenery engine (g3d.dll) when

the next AES BGL code will be called.

When there is a code mistype or a missing texture, this will happen allways, not only in this specific configuration or low memory situations.

As this problem is only reported in combination with systems, which operates at the limits of the FS, I think it must have to do with the memory allocation, so give Maurizio some time to check the specifications of Visual Studio, to check if there are options to handle that.

As always Oliver, excellent support and an even better explaination. I know it's up to Maurizio now.

I had to disable AES to keep flying.

If I fly with out the 3GB patch I get an OOM. If I fly with it and AES I get the g3d.dll error.

The only answer is to fly with out AES or don't fly at all until it gets fixed.

We (more Maurizio) is still checking what we can do. Will need some more time.

I have the same problem, without 4GB patch OOMs and with 4GB patch blackscreens on final approach, I would be really happy to get this solved.

If there is anything to test, or if you need some system specs, please let me now.

Best Regards

Stefan