a330-autoland

boussieres

On the A330, the autoland does not work (very useful in foggy weather). Let me explain: during the approach, the autopilot and appr are active, the localizer and the glide are captured, but the aircraft does not follow the descent slope. On the same approach on the A320, everything works. I tried on other approaches, the result is identical.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can not replicate this. Have you engaged both APs? On what version of the A330 are you?

Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using. Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

I specify that I have the messages that everything is good (localizer + glide captured)
+ vertical and horizontal diamond on pannel. The plane simply does not descend on the slope.
next flight tonight, I'll take a screenshot. Thank you for your answers. 
ap2 was also active

3 minutes ago, boussieres said:

I specify that I have the messages that everything is good (localizer + glide captured)
+ vertical and horizontal diamond on pannel. The plane simply does not descend on the slope.
next flight tonight, I'll take a screenshot. Thank you for your answers. 

ap2 was also active

Good to know.

Were you using the Copilot and Checklist or were they disabled?

30 minutes ago, boussieres said:

i used the Copilot and Checklist .

Can you please try it without using the Copilot or Checklist?  If it works, then we may have an issue with one or both of those.

I just did an autoland at KPHL and it worked just fine (I never use the Copilot or Checklist).

Just now, boussieres said:

does this mean that i have to checklist manually? I do not understand what you mean.

I'm asking if you would perform the same Autoland at the same airport as  before when you had the issue, only this time completely disable the Copilot and Checklist... meaning you'll have to operate the aircraft yourself. I would not call the "manual", it's just normal.  If you're not yet ready to do this, then I completely understand.

Remember of course that our Copilot and checklist functions are merely there to help you learn how to operate the aircraft.  We intend that after a several times of using the Copilot and Checklist functions that you would be able to operate the aircraft without them.  After all, such systems do not exist in the actual aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

bousseries, can you please stop fomating you posts. It is really annoying to read. Simply start typing in the "Reply to this topic.." without any formatting.

Please login to display this image.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:21 AM, boussieres said:

I'm just starting out, I'm not ready to do without the automatic checklist yet. But it is clear that I will have to invest in this subject. But there, it will ask me a little time ...

That is completely understandable.

Since Otto has not had any trouble with Autoland while using the Copilot/Checklist then it's likely just a learning curve thing. 

Best wishes my friend, and Happy New Year!

Archived