Center MCDU Display Issues

skwal

So the MDCU C that hold options menu, keeps changing screens randomly ..... on its own every 10 seconds or so maybe less .... sometimes it clicked skip item in checklist. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, skwal said:

So the MDCU C that hold options menu, keeps changing screens randomly ..... on its own every 10 seconds or so maybe less .... sometimes it clicked skip item in checklist. Any ideas?

I'm going to move your post from the Flight Model / Autopilot / Flight Managment System area to the "

Settings/Options MCDU" area so that it will get the attention it needs to get answered.

Also, did you mean MCDU 3?

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

You mean the view changes or the MCDU display changes?

So when you a looking at the MCDU 3 (radio stack one) it keep switching between checklist, options, ground state ..... all the sub menus .... randomly on its own.

10 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Uh? I have never heard of anything like that. I hope Rolf has any idea what could cause that.

It seems like a random behaviors somehow attached to keys, either keyboard on joystick. Im making a video on how it works .... sometime it switches randomly ..... sometimes it switches when I change views, it would also switch when i press joystick keys even though you have no key bind options.

If I it presses random selection keys .... issue is when I am setting up the cockpit and switching view it his  "Skip item" couple of times and it did it one when my APU was turning on so the cockpit when back to cold and dark mode until APU turned on.

I had some MCDU issues which were resolved by a reinstall and a restart. Also, on the original install something went wrong with one of the MS installs. That too was corrected second time around. Just a thought.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but I have no idea what could cause this behaviour e.g. that the screen is always "jumping" back to the main VC view. Did you disable the "View System" in the MCDU3 OPTIONS menu as well as in the CHECKLIST menü die "ViewFocus" option? Those are the only ones which have an influence on views. But maybe it is also your 34" Wide-View monitor and the settings which might influence this..... 

Monitor is not 34" and its not ultra wide, standard 16:9. The "Jumping" between the menus in the MCDU 3 is caused everything I press any of my joystick keys. Id rather not re-install AS330 after every hotfix as it wipes all my liveries that I paint myself.

1 hour ago, skwal said:

Monitor is not 34" and its not ultra wide, standard 16:9. The "Jumping" between the menus in the MCDU 3 is caused everything I press any of my joystick keys. Id rather not re-install AS330 after every hotfix as it wipes all my liveries that I paint myself.

Would you kindly go to the following folder on your system and copy the "Standard.xml" file and then paste it in your reply in this thread.

LOCATION:  C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls

You may need to enable the Show Hidden Folder/Files as AppData directory is a hidden folder.  You can do this by typing "Folder" in the Windows 10 search bar, and it will bring up the following for you to select:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

4 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Are you using FSUIPC? 

If so, have you ever used the FSUIPC Macro Mode for any aircraft?

Yes I have, but not for AS planes. I have custom profiles. Nothing is globally shared.

I think i've figured the culprit of it all out. There was some bug in LINDA profile. I deleted it completely, reinstalled and rebuilt it, problem seems to have gone away.

Okay, thanks.

From what i saw, this is very likely one or two things:

1. Something messed up in either your Standard.xml file or your FSUIPC5.cfg file.  Roughly 2 months ago I helped a customer who had a similar issue, but it didn't affect the MCDU... but it was strange. We deleted the FSUIPC5.cfg file and reassigned the controls, and the issue disappeared.  If memory serves, his problem was a bind for a PMDG aircraft which was affecting the Airbus.

I recommend deleting your Standard.xml file (it's rebuilt the next time you start P3D), and cut and paste your FSUIPC.cfg file to your desktop.   It too will be rebuilt for you, minues the assignments you created previously.

Then restart P3d and see if the problem still exists.

If the problem exists, I'd say that there is a USB encorder problem, but that's pretty extreme.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Just now, DaveCT2003 said:

Okay, thanks.

From what i saw, this is very likely one or two things:

1. Something messed up in either your Standard.xml file or your FSUIPC5.cfg file.  Roughly 2 months ago I helped a customer who had a similar issue, but it didn't affect the MCDU... but it was strange. We deleted the FSUIPC5.cfg file and reassigned the controls, and the issue disappeared.  If memory serves, his problem was a bind for a PMDG aircraft which was affecting the Airbus.

I recommend deleting your Standard.xml file (it's rebuilt the next time you start P3D), and cut and paste your FSUIPC.cfg file to your desktop.   It too will be rebuilt for you, minues the assignments you created previously.

Then restart P3d and see if the problem still exists.

If the problem exists, I'd say that there is a USB encorder problem, but that's pretty extreme.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Just updating (note from post above)

I think i've figured the culprit of it all out. There was some bug in LINDA profile. I deleted it completely, reinstalled and rebuilt it, problem seems to have gone away.

21 minutes ago, skwal said:

Just updating (note from post above)

Excellent!

Happy you have it resolved.

Best wishes!

Archived