Ext pwr disconnection by a key

• 2 weeks later...

Which aircraft?

If you're asking about the A318/A319/A320/A321 then you can use the Macro function in FSUIPC to control the button press for the External Power button on the overhead.  Since the Disconnect the External Power (the actual connection outside the aircraft) is located in the MCDU2 2D popup panel, I'm not sure if the FSUIPC Macro function will work or not, but if you try this I'd love to hear back from you on this.

If you're asking about the A330, then  you can assign a button press for the External Power overhead button as discussed above for the A318-A321.  I don't know if the external External Power connection is assignable via the FSUIPC Macro function or not, but since it's a permanent VC panel and not just a 2D popup panel (as it is with the smaller Airbuses) you may have better luck assigning a FSUIPC Macro to this.  Again, I'd love to know how you make out with this!

While I have the Registered version of FSUIPC for P3Dv4.5, I don't actually use it, so I'm not able to provide you with a Step by Step procedure, but the FSUIPC documentation is very good for setting  up Marcos.

Best wishes!

Thanks Marcos , I use A320/321 v1.31 with Fsx Sp2.  Unlucky I don't have a registered version of Fsuipc.. 

However, copilot is switched on/off by hitting "2" and it's functionality is on the Mcdu2 as well.  I don't know where is the code that governs that in the xml files.. as it could be useful to copy the function

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Alessio75 said:

Hi Marcos, just coming back to this.

What if I add a lane in the Standard.xml file that I found in Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls folder?

Thanks

I don't know who Marcos is, but the answer to your question is... no, that will not work.   Pick up the registered version of FSUIPC is the only solution I know about.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Which aircraft?

(...........)

While I have the Registered version of FSUIPC for P3Dv4.5, I don't actually use it, so I'm not able to provide you with a Step by Step procedure, but the FSUIPC documentation is very good for setting  up Marcos.

Best wishes!

Is not you? Ok no problem! Thanks for helping!

1 hour ago, Alessio75 said:

Is not you? Ok no problem! Thanks for helping!

It's not me... LOL!  My first name is Dave (see my username).

That's okay though, I know several Marco's, Marcus and Marc's in flight simulation, some are very good friends and they are all wonderful people (mostly part of the Aerosoft Flight Simulation Community), so I take that as a complement.

The reason it won't work is that our aircraft, like other complex third party aircraft, are not programmed using default Microsoft Code (from FSX/P3D) so such commands usually don't work.  In fact, our code does so much more than what the Microsoft/Lockheed Martin code does, and if we didn't write and customize our own code we would not be able to have our aircraft and systems do the things they do.

The only real option here is to use the Registered Version of FSUIPC, which provides three ways of doing this.  The first way is very complex and not for the inexperienced and I'm not really the guy to take you through that.  The second way is to use a program called Linda to interface with FSUIPC and the aircraft (not as difficult as it might seem), and the third way which is by FAR the fastest and easiest is to use the FSUIPC Macro function to bind a third party custom aircraft switch to a command.

FSUIPC is a wonderful program, and the man (Pete Dowson) who wrote it has provided unequaled support and capabilities to the international flight simulation community for a very, very, VERY long time.  He also provides a free version, though as you likely know you can't use it to customize things as you can the FSUIPC Registered version.  The cost of the Registered version of FSUIPC is VERY low (only 24 Euros) and supporting Pete and his work for the flight sim community by purchasing the Registered Version is as far as I'm concerned a badge of honor for flight simmers.

I hope this further explanation is helpful to you.  If I knew of another way I would have shared it with you, but I don't know of any other way to do this.

Best wishes my friend.

1 hour ago, Alessio75 said:

Thank you Dave for you kindness and deep explanations, very appreciated. So I'll consider to buy the registered version

Bests,

Alessio 

Most welcome my friend.

Best wishes!

Archived