Aerosoft official retail partner for Microsoft Flight Simulator !! 
Click here for more information

Jump to content
colz99

Changing SID

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

how do I change the SID when the ATC assigns me a different one from what is entered in the FMS? like when I have a SID assigned and then want to change it to another one it always gets added behind the last waypoint of the FPL, which is wrong. Whats the procedure on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, lets take Tegel for example. I was on the ground and planned with the BRANE2L and later was assigned BRANE2N by the VATSIM controller. Nothing too unusual, at least for me, I then went into the DEP/ARR Page of the FMS, selected the BRANE2N and thought everything is good. When I look onto the leg page however, the Brane2N SID gets placed behind the last waypoint of the route (think it was DOMUX, flew from EDDT-EDDL). Same also happened at EDDL though, I then tried to delete my whole flightplan wie DELETE in the LEGS page, but thereafter I couldn't enter the route into the FPLN Page anymore, as it didn't generate a second page to enter airways and waypoints. But I guess thats another story. Usually I do it like that all the time when its necessary (Aerosoft A330/PMDG etc.) and it simply replaces the SID. Maybe different procedure in the CRJ or a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried to change the SID exactly as you did and it worked on my end (I didn't insert the complete FPL, just played with the SID).

I used:

P3Dv4.5.13

CRJ900 Pro (2.0.0.2) D-ACNN Livery

AIRAC 1912

 

If you want me to further test your flight then pls share the complete FPL, SIM, CRJ version and livery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you simply put in a SID and then changed it again? That will probably work. My problem is that when the complete flightplan is inserted from start to finish, the SID does not get replaced, no, it gets attached to the end of the flightplan. And I don't think that it has got something to do with a single flightplan, as I've said that I've encountered this from EDDL-EDDS and EDDT-EDDL. My sim is the current P3D v4.5 Version, CRJ is the current experimental version. Livery was the D-ACKI.

If you wanna have a go, heres the flightplan I used.

FLIGHT PLAN ROUTE
N0364F220 BRAN2L BRANE Y200 HLZ Z717 PIROT T851 XAMOD XAMO3G
Mind you, I did NOT export the FPL into the Sim, I typed it into the FMS manually, so I didn't import the SID BRAN2L or anything. I type in the FPL (BRANE to XAMOD) and thereafter select the Departure and Arrival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@colz99 I can confirm this oddity. This is indeed strange and a case for @Hans Hartmann

 

Just tried different approaches for changing the SID and all of them failed. I don't know if it's something to do with the latest update since I have not flown the CRJ a while now (due to X-Mas, family and stuff).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a new thing.  The FMS doesn't handle edits very will at this point.  I've had the above scenario happen to me. It also is not adding the proper discontinuity's or transition way points on some approaches.  Now that they have the CTD problem with Navigraph fixed I hope the team has more time to address these FMS issues.

 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hans Hartmann

I think this is important espacially for user flying Online. 

 

I just tested it with the old CRJ with the ASCRJ.dll from 20191216 (beta test) and there the SID change works fine.
After selecting the new SID there is a discontinuity which you have to resolve.
I'm sure that this also worked correctly in the Pro version.

CRJold_SIDChange.thumb.jpg.6db23e831ed252f5c92920b9534069e0.jpg

 

Wolfgang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Just checking in to see if this is on the "to do" list for an upcoming fix?
I recently experienced this myself during an online flight, I had to replace a complex SID due to a runway change and in the end the routing was a total mess and I had to opt for departure vectors...

 

Krgds,

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 10:57 PM, Hans Hartmann said:

It's on the to do list but I first need to be able to track down the problem. It's not that easy.

 

Has this been fixed? still having this issue with the latest version of the CRJ Pro. 

 

Cannot change SID or deselect runway and SID

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philip_sim said:

 

Has this been fixed? still having this issue with the latest version of the CRJ Pro. 

 

Cannot change SID or deselect runway and SID

 

I did a flight yesterday and was able to change the runway and SID selection without a problem - this is one of the things that was tackled in the recent Beta builds.

 

Going back to the Dep page should display all the available runways and sids below the active ones. Pick the new one and off you go. Do you see this? 

 

What version are you using? And in what version of P3D? Pictures of the problem would be really helpful too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

 

I did a flight yesterday and was able to change the runway and SID selection without a problem - this is one of the things that was tackled in the recent Beta builds.

 

Going back to the Dep page should display all the available runways and sids below the active ones. Pick the new one and off you go. Do you see this? 

 

What version are you using? And in what version of P3D? Pictures of the problem would be really helpful too 

 

thanks for the fast reply A_Pilot. I was on the beta too. I'm on V2.2.0.0 now. 

following your instructions this is what I see:

image.thumb.png.2bc9634a86adc472d3cf491d81324797.png

 

I have tried both the default FMS and the 4.2 Style Dep/Arr page.

 

Basically I cannot un-select them and going back does not show me all SIDS and RWYs. Will play around with it tomorrow.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Un-selecting a current Sid/star doesn't happen in the real FMS, you can only replace. Have you gone back to the DEP/ARR index page and respected the DEP or ARR option from there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

Un-selecting a current Sid/star doesn't happen in the real FMS, you can only replace. Have you gone back to the DEP/ARR index page and respected the DEP or ARR option from there? 


 

I did a quick video to demonstrate at EKCH, RWY 22R is not even showing up and the SIDs are not present except for RWY selected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip_sim said:


 

I did a quick video to demonstrate at EKCH, RWY 22R is not even showing up and the SIDs are not present except for RWY selected.

IMG_6659.MOV

 

the only thing that works, and I am not sure if this is what is done in the RW, is going to the Flight Plan page and entering in the runway. Then I have the option to choose a new SID.

 

For situations when runway change is made by ATC or requested. 

 

image.thumb.png.c28874d242cde019876b325bea7e9b33.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one thing to add before I clock off, simbrief preloads all the SIDS and RWYs, could this be causing the error?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philip_sim said:

one thing to add before I clock off, simbrief preloads all the SIDS and RWYs, could this be causing the error?

 

Hmm maybe. I never preload my SIDS or stars. Our company doesn't do stored routes so I am happy to plug things in manually 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 3:37 AM, A_Pilot said:

 

Hmm maybe. I never preload my SIDS or stars. Our company doesn't do stored routes so I am happy to plug things in manually 😛

 

noticed on a turnaround something must have reset and when I enter a new flight plan back to our origin it suddenly lets me change the SIDs and runways.

 

workaround is it does not work, go to flight-plan page and enter the runway in manually, then back to Dep/Arr page and choose the sid/star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philip_sim said:

 

noticed on a turnaround something must have reset and when I enter a new flight plan back to our origin it suddenly lets me change the SIDs and runways.

 

workaround is it does not work, go to flight-plan page and enter the runway in manually, then back to Dep/Arr page and choose the sid/star.

 

Sounds like maybe a database snafu then. What NAV database are you using? (default, Aerosoft or navigraph)

 

I'll be honest, manual entry of a runway should not have worked, that's not something that's done in any FMS model I've used. 

 

Almost every governing agency has declared the rule that any SID or STAR must be drawn from the database and not "built" manually, which would cover the way you did it. As such very few FMSs allow manual runway entry 😛 If the database is corrupted (it happens) you get to fly a conventional SID and STAR instead, in green needles. ATC loves that so much, they will scream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A_Pilot said:

 

Sounds like maybe a database snafu then. What NAV database are you using? (default, Aerosoft or navigraph)

 

I'll be honest, manual entry of a runway should not have worked, that's not something that's done in any FMS model I've used. 

 

Almost every governing agency has declared the rule that any SID or STAR must be drawn from the database and not "built" manually, which would cover the way you did it. As such very few FMSs allow manual runway entry 😛 If the database is corrupted (it happens) you get to fly a conventional SID and STAR instead, in green needles. ATC loves that so much, they will scream

 

latest navigraph 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, A_Pilot said:

 

Sounds like maybe a database snafu then. What NAV database are you using? (default, Aerosoft or navigraph)

 

I'll be honest, manual entry of a runway should not have worked, that's not something that's done in any FMS model I've used. 

 

Almost every governing agency has declared the rule that any SID or STAR must be drawn from the database and not "built" manually, which would cover the way you did it. As such very few FMSs allow manual runway entry 😛 If the database is corrupted (it happens) you get to fly a conventional SID and STAR instead, in green needles. ATC loves that so much, they will scream

 

I realized I might have spotted an error.

 

I went back to the default FMS type from the tablet selection then went and tried to change the rwy from Dep/Arr page: 

 

image.thumb.png.268c1bd8acef8b670bf32a811cff68d6.png

 

At EKCH, RWY 30 is not seen as its on page 2 page and this is a problem when trying to select another runway, one RWY always goes to the next page and I cannot go to the next page because it won't let me. However if no RWYs and SIDs are selected than you can.

 

If anyone can verify they have this issue to would be great.

 

Probably a small error with the FMS. @Hans Hartmann

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...