A330 PROFESSIONAL NOSE WHEEL

Good day,

Firstly, thank you for all the hard work which went into the A330. Great piece of work by all concerned!

I am having difficulty with the nose wheel in my setup. As a matter of habit, I have used FSUIPC (version 5.153) to set up the axes and this has worked well in the A330 Professional, except for the tiller, which is defined as the number three engine axis, as described in the manual. When taxiing, the nose wheel oscillates from left to right and is challenging to control. I have tried several settings in FSUIPC to see if I can 'quieten' the oscillation and although I have succeeded to some extent, the performance is still not up to the standard of the AS A320 in P3Dv3.4, where taxiing is as it should be.

Has anyone else experienced this and perhaps found a remedy? Is this perhaps something that the developers can adjust?

• Deputy Sheriffs

This sounds like there is some unwanted noise in the signal that your controller is giving to the axis that is controlling the engine number three axis. Perhaps try to recalibrate the controller and check that there are no unwanted movements happening with this axis on the calibration software.

• Aerosoft

As we basically just read the channel and adapt the steering I don't think there is a lot that we could do. The suggestion by Jouka is a good one, but also check that there are no conflicting axis, something easy to do in FSUIPC.

Please note that we do not advise FSUIPC for the A330, there is no need for it.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, quentcor said:

Good day,

Firstly, thank you for all the hard work which went into the A330. Great piece of work by all concerned!

I am having difficulty with the nose wheel in my setup. As a matter of habit, I have used FSUIPC (version 5.153) to set up the axes and this has worked well in the A330 Professional, except for the tiller, which is defined as the number three engine axis, as described in the manual. When taxiing, the nose wheel oscillates from left to right and is challenging to control. I have tried several settings in FSUIPC to see if I can 'quieten' the oscillation and although I have succeeded to some extent, the performance is still not up to the standard of the AS A320 in P3Dv3.4, where taxiing is as it should be.

Has anyone else experienced this and perhaps found a remedy? Is this perhaps something that the developers can adjust?

I also made a thread about this problem and mine is much worse. After i turn on the pedal disc, it starts to turn in circles. Turning it off doesn’t help either. So right now, im just taxiing using the rudder pedals which at 20kts, it tends to skid on its own which is a big hassle especially if there’s atc or traffic. 
@Mathijs Kok i also have FSUIPC and the only thing i have there is calibration. I didnt assign any axis or what so ever. 

Archived