A330 wont follow navigation or LNAV.

Hello all.

I redownloaded the AS330X around three times and when i do try to take the aircraft out for a test drive with the MCDU having the full flight plan and the INIT B Fuel and ZFW Calculations applied, the aircraft still is incapable of following its navigation, i did everything i could with Hotfix or update P3Dv4.4 to 4.5, reinstalling, cold & dark checklists going straight forward and also the INIT B Page on the second page of the INIT on the MCDU, anyone got any suggestions? Cheers

1 minute ago, DaveCT2003 said:

When you usually see this, it's because the person isn't using P3Dv4.5 with Hot Fix 2.  What is the version number of your P3D install?

i downloaded the aircraft on P3D v4.4, i installed P3D when it was on its version 3 or 4 phase

41 minutes ago, Aotearoa Repaints said:

i downloaded the aircraft on P3D v4.4, i installed P3D when it was on its version 3 or 4 phase

I'm not sure what you mean.  The correct P3D version is P3D 4.5.13.32097.  Just a guess, I'm betting  you are on a slightly older version of P3Dv4.5.

I am having the same issue and I do have the latest and correct version installed, which is P3D  4.5.13.32097.

I've done all of the flight planning on the MCDU, to include both parts of the INIT page.

In my case, the A330 follows the flight plan after take off and while on initial cruise. Then halfway through the flight, it departs the navigation as planned and veers of course.

I've noticed that it usually happens in long flights, such as KATL - EGLL / KATL - PHNL /  KRDU - KLAS, to name a few.

I did, however, flew KATL - SEQM and it navigated the whole route as planned.

It seems to not have any issues on shorter routes.

Any Suggestions?

Well, with that said.... What troubleshooting would you recommend to remedy this problem?

The Aerosoft A320 /A321 and A330 Professional are the only aircraft displaying this behavior. Interestingly enough, I have not have this issue with the Aerosoft CRJ.

I have been keeping up with all the "Experimental Updates" for the A330...

Any remedy suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Tom:

That is exactly hat I am asking for...

Advise on how to tell an actual DISCO or the  difference between the NAVDATA for the aircraft and the flightplan.

I am just a Simmer, not a rated pilot....

Sorry...

• Deputy Sheriffs
18 minutes ago, boomerc154 said:

Advise on how to tell an actual DISCO

DISCO = Discontinuity in the flightplan; means a leg ends at point A and the next leg starts at point B without a connection between A and B; you can check this when you scroll down the flightplan in the MCDU. In case there is a line "F-PLAN-DISCONTINUITY", clear (CLR) the F-PLAN DISCONTINUITY (LSK left to the DISCO)) and insert this temporary flightplan (LSK 6R).

18 minutes ago, boomerc154 said:

difference between the NAVDATA for the aircraft and the flightplan

When you create a flightplan with a flightplanning tool like Simbrief or others you have to make sure that the tool and the aircraft use the same cycle e.g. 1913 and not 1908 the one and 1913 the other.

Also, when flying over the pond (North Atlantic, Pacific), you need a tool that gives you special "tracks", which change every day depending on the weather conditions.

Yessir!

I have cleared the "F-PLAN-DISCONTINUITY", but haven't inserted a temporary plan as a replacement...

I will give t a try..

What tool would you recommend for flight tracks? i currently have NAVIGRAPH  and Active Sky weather...

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 minutes ago, boomerc154 said:

I have cleared the "F-PLAN-DISCONTINUITY", but haven't inserted a temporary plan as a replacement...

Until the step-by-step guide for the A330 is out, you can use the one for the A31x/A32x to learn the flightplanning stuff and how to handle the MCDU.

19 minutes ago, boomerc154 said:

What tool would you recommend for flight tracks? i currently have NAVIGRAPH  and Active Sky weather...

None of these tools is for flightplaning.

Navigraph delivers the navdatabase and ActiveSky the weather.

For flightplanning I recommend SimBrief. Only A planning tool can give these special "tracks2, e.g. NA-Tracks (North Atlantic Tracks) when flying corss the Atlantic.

Vol6-StepbyStep.pdf

3 hours ago, boomerc154 said:

Yessir!

I will give t a try..

If you have the time, you might want to sign up for the Aerosoft Flight Sim Community.  We haven't even announced this yet, but we should be announcing towards the end of January) but we already have quite a lot of people in the community.  The terrific thing is that you can learn all of this from others just like yourself, or you can attend our fully interactive online classes designed to help people understand just about anything in flight simulation.  It's great fun.

PM me if you're interested.

Just wanted to let you know that I logged into SimBrief ,generated a flight plan and entered it into the A330 MCDU (KRDU - KSEA)

Although I still need to learn how to fine tune some of the way points, this time the flight routed as planned. Just to let you know though, in order to unlock the 1903 flight planning on SimBrief, I had to log on into Navigraph...

Again, thank you kindly!!!

Archived