A330 - No Master Cautions

Fben1990

Hi,

i‘m using latest version of the A330 with the AS Updater (version 1.3.0.2) 1002 right now testing your release of the A330.

I know that you don‘t want to capture non normal operations but i think (like many other users) that some errors should be implemented as a standard.

For example:

- If i turn off some hydraulic lines and the pressure of this system is reducing there should be at least a master caution. 

- Doing an max brakelanding or a rejected takeoff the brake temperature is increasing up to 800deg without an master caution or a red light indication on the gear page.

I saw some of those master cautions in your A318/A319/A320/A321 versions, so why not in the A330?

You have been implemented the switches to turn off f.e. the hydraulic systems and the user can see that the hydraulic pressure is reduced correctly but nothing else is happening. So you just have to finish it with a simple master caution. I don‘t expect a full ECAM non normal procedure to appear but if i‘m able to switch something off i would expect at least a warning light at the end.

Shutting down a system after flight or before flight (during normal procedure) is also leading to master cautions in the ECAM.

I really hope that you will put those topics on a bigger update version in the future as this makes the aircraft behave more realistic and because many users are expecting it while checking your flying. Also that you can even fly with the hydraulics turned completly off.

Many users have been waited a long time for this product which let us thought that you took your time to develope in a way the users are expecting it. And you did this for the most parts of this aircraft, so please improve it further in the future instead of increasing the price with every product or creating a „professional version“ which we have to buy again.

Thanks

Best regards 

Fabian

50 minutes ago, Fben1990 said:

i‘m using latest version of the A330 with the AS Updater (version 1.3.0.2) 1002 right now testing your release of the A330.

Actually, the latest version is 1.0.0.5.  This is an experimental version, so it Experimental versions have to be enabled in the AS Updater to have it installed.

Please login to display this image.

53 minutes ago, Fben1990 said:

I know that you don‘t want to capture non normal operations but i think (like many other users) that some errors should be implemented as a standard.

For example:

- If i turn off some hydraulic lines and the pressure of this system is reducing there should be at least a master caution. 

- Doing an max brakelanding or a rejected takeoff the brake temperature is increasing up to 800deg without an master caution or a red light indication on the gear page.

We understand, however that would require our coding many more Airbus Laws, and that would drive the cost of this product to about $169 USD.  It is our desire to keep the cost low enough so that our product is affordable to the widest possible audience, so only Normal Operations are modeled. I'm afraid we are firm in this.

55 minutes ago, Fben1990 said:

I saw some of those master cautions in your A318/A319/A320/A321 versions, so why not in the A330?

Master Cautions are indeed signaled to the flight crew (I see them all the time).  What in particular are you looking for (please be specific)?

56 minutes ago, Fben1990 said:

You have been implemented the switches to turn off f.e. the hydraulic systems and the user can see that the hydraulic pressure is reduced correctly but nothing else is happening. So you just have to finish it with a simple master caution.

Not really, we'd have to model much more than that, and again it would drive the cost of the product up.  So as I said before, we only model normal operations. If  you're looking for abnormal operations you'll have to look for that elsewhere my friend.

57 minutes ago, Fben1990 said:

Shutting down a system after flight or before flight (during normal procedure) is also leading to master cautions in the ECAM.

Look for this in a later update.  Right now we're working on many other higher priority items, but we appreciate your feedback and recommendation!

Best wishes!

Hi Dave,

i appreciate your answers to my recommendations so far. First of all i will check why the version 1005 is not visible to me in the AS updater.

Its interesting that some adjustments would lead to a much higher price.You have to think that developers like PMDG who are developing much better products than aerosoft are pricing these products below the amount you are talking about.

If you think a few years back no product for a flight sim was as costy as it is today (<70€). The price is always increasing but the quality isn’t. 

Anyway great product, but i hope Aerosoft will also improve with future updates

6 hours ago, Fben1990 said:

Its interesting that some adjustments would lead to a much higher price.

Well, it's very simple to understand.  Programmers cost money, and they have to be paid for research that includes the real world aircraft and the research that must be done to change code, then it's the coding itself, debugging, testing, modifications and etc. etc. etc.  That drives the cost of the software up to the customer.

6 hours ago, Fben1990 said:

You have to think that developers like PMDG who are developing much better products than aerosoft are pricing these products below the amount you are talking about.

I'm sorry, better?  Maybe you meant to say their aircraft model failures and we don't:?  That's different, not better, and of course I already explained the cost of development verses the retail price, so let's move past that and talk about retail prices (because you're data is inaccurate).

I've been using PMDG aircraft since 2008, so I'm not only quite familiar with them, Aerosoft has a very close relationship with PMDG.  Now, I'm not just a moderator, I actually work for Aerosoft and since I'm in the business it's my job to know what other addons sell for.  Many PMDG aircraft made for P3Dv4 cost over $130 USD.  Here's a link to their products and prices:  https://pmdg.com/all-products  and be sure to note that we provide seven different variants of our A318-A321 for our purchase price and owners of any of our Airbus Professional aircraft were able to pick up the A330 for around $45 USD.  Now go and check expansion package prices at PMDG.  

Something else... you have to compare apples to apples, so don't use the FSX prices.  The FSX prices you see on that page are deeply discounted because relatively speaking people already have those products or they just aren't buying them as they used to.  Get ready for that to change when/if Microsoft updates FSX like they are talking about doing.  It's all supply and demand. Think of it this way.  You purchased the latest and greatest plamsa TV 10 years ago for $1800.  Today you go to sell it, and you'd be lucky to get $200 for it.  Just the way it is.

In the end, you can bet that I wouldn't have answered your post with BS, it's all factual information my friend.

My very best wishes.

I think we can finish the discussion on this topic. I really like the product A330 i just wanted to mention that some parts of the master cautions are not so good in this product and can be improved.

Best regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Fben1990,

Thanks for the feedback. I cannot promise you anything about these right master cautions right now, but we might look into them later if we get a chance as low priority. I can say for now that abnormal things like selecting hydraulics off will most likely not be modelled for the reasons Dave said but there are few cautions that might happen with normal operation and we could perhaps look into implementing them later.

But as I said right now there is so many things on our table that needs attention that I cannot give any promises.

Archived