A330 - Some sounds become faint after a while

Cesco

Hello,

I tried my first three flight today with the A330. In all of them, at some random point, some sounds not realated to the A330 become very faint, in my case GSX and PRO-ATC voices. Plane sounds and default ATC play at the correct volume. Pressing Q one time brings back the faint sounds to normal (should this switch everything off instead?) but switches off A330 sounds. Pressing it again the situation goes back again with faint sounds. Really weird, but I experience it only with the A330. It happens at random, sometimes during preparations on the ground and sometimes in flight. Is there something in the volume settings (both P3D and A330) that I should check?

Thanks a lot.

Francesco

14 minutes ago, regis902 said:

Try this:

Find the speaker icon on your task bar, right click, select sounds, communications tab, click on "do nothing", apply, then ok.

Thanks for the tip, but it's already on DO NOTHING. This happens only with the A330 though

Today I realized the same thing happens with the whole A3XX family. I opened the sound mixer when it happened while using the A320 and all the volumes were a bit messed up. I had to raise volume by hand for all the parts that became faint. I'll check againg when I'll do my next flight if it happens again.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This sounds very weird and something I have never seen with the A330 myself. There is nothing within the A330 itself that would change the volume level dynamically so it sounds like something on your Windows is changing it for whatever reason.,

Thanks for your reply Secondator.

Yes, I'm not ruling out that there can be something in my configuration that changes my sound levels dynamically, but in the last few months I have flown a lot with other products and never had this problem. First it appeared with the A330 then I tried the A320 (Aerosoft) and had the same issue. I had to adjust manually every single sound slider in my Windows (especially the PRO-ATC volume and COAUTL for GSX) to go back to acceptable sound levels again. Not a big issue but something worth considering if it happens to someone else.

Bye!

Archived