A330 - CTD When Loading Flight

regis902

Hello, I'm getting a repeatable CTD when loading the flight.  After the loading progress bar gets to 100%, I hear a brief noise that sounds like the aircraft settling onto the landing gear (best way I can describe it), the screen is black, and then a few seconds later I get a CTD with no error message generated in event viewer.  This has happen on both the stable version 1.0.0.2 and the experimental version 1.0.0.5.  I have reinstalled the aircraft but this did not fix the issue.  I don't see much of note in the logs but I've attached them here in case they are useful.

I was able to successfully complete flights a week ago, I'm not sure what may have changed to cause this.

Thanks,

Dave

FMGS.log Immersion.log MiscD2D.log AB_ND_GDI.log EFB_Ctrl.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

What was the exact error message?

Which Windows version are you using?

Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using. Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

Hello, there is no error message provided, it just crashes to the desktop.  P3D is 4.5.13.32097.  Windows is Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1809, build 17763.914.

Thanks

I've been doing some troubleshooting and I think we can mark this one resolved.  I did another reinstall using Dave's very detailed instructions in this thread (https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/149250-ctd-at-plane-selection/), thanks Dave!  I also ensured that I excluded all of the folders Dave mentions in that thread from my anti-virus and ensured that all users had full rights to those folders (I had previously done this only for the main aircraft folder).

I'm not sure what aspects of that fixed the issue but I was able to load up a flight on my next attempt.

Archived