A333 EFB.... functionality

petetech

Hey. Not flown many hours in this wonderful aircraft yet, but visually and performance is great so far. I have a few things happening, such as GWCG is red and saying .4% (underneath GW) actually as i typed this it just jumped to 14.3% green... who knows? 

Also, my weight and balance sheet isnt being printed after GSX loading. Im guessing maybe these two things are linked and its just GSX stuff that will be tuned as we go on? Not problematic really.

So my biggest thing is, although the idea had sounded great and i couldnt wait, im left feeling pretty underwhelmed by the EFB. As of now, still no Navigraph charts. I understand this will come, so when it does, im sure i will use it. But other than that.... for example, the radar web pages almost never load or stay loaded, and are basically useless. And the "Takeoff data for A330" what is this? It relates to nothing....  Its just reads flex 54 v1 119 vR129 V2 136... Regardless of the weights and the MCDU v speeds.... 

how do i type in the weather icao box to search a metar? 

Now the checklist. It is overwhelming me... There are so many items that destroy the flow. checklist items like "Direction control......use rudder" and "Rotation.....Preform"

These are not checklist items, surely? It sort of makes the checklist, an item that is supposed to be concise and functional, into a step by step tutorial. 

Anyway, the aircraft is great, and the EFB is there and i can see it will develop. So If anyone has any pointers on what i have mentioned, please advise. 

Otherwise, thanks for a great addon that is definately filling a gap for me in the mid to long haul. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

The EFB will definitely be improved. The Performance calculator is currently a placeholder and we do have some plans for it to implement later on. The "checklists" are actually flows although the name might be a little bit misleading. To type in the ICAO you need to activate keyboard input by clicking on the upper frame of the EFB so that the green light shows. And we are working with Navigraph to get the charts into the EFB also as soon as possible.

So hopefully we can deliver in future updates. Thanks for the feedback!

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to select and load files such as JPEG's or PDFs like in the Windows Explorer?

Or maybe it is planned for the future?

Best regards and congratulation for this amazingly superb add-on

Thank you Mathijs,

I know the way to place and open a file with the configurator.

But this I have to do outside the cockpit which is rather laborious.

What I mean is opening a windows folder right in the EFB in the VC or 2D-Panel and selecting and loading one of several files there.

Regards

Archived