Checklist stopped after closing the door

Aruany

After I completed the cockpit preparation check, the checklist prompted me to close the door, and he stopped after I closed it. I m 1.0.0.5 airbus a330,I'm pretty sure it was a problem after upgrading 1.0.0.5,I am also very clear about the entire checklist process. I have determined that all doors on the MCDU have been closed.

happy newyears!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please tell us a little bit more about your procedure used like: ACFT STATE you started from, are you using GSX, how you closed the doors, did you really check in the MCDU3 that really all doors (incl. cargo doors) are closed etc.

2 hours ago, Hanse said:

请告诉我们更多有关您使用的程序的信息,例如:开始使用ACFT STATE,使用GSX,如何关闭门,是否真的检查了MCDU3是否确实关闭了所有门(包括货舱门)等。 。

hello Hanse,i m sure i was check the MCDU3 doos,and no use GSX

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Sébastien , as already previously mentioned I need some more information to reproduce the issue:

1. With which aircraft state you started e. g. C&D or TA?
  2. Was this aircraft state marked as default (DEF)?
  3. After the state has been completely loaded what did you do next:
    1. Did you as this point manually open or close any door and in case: which one?
    2. You stated that you are using GSX - did you attach a jetway?
    3. Did you use the Fuel- and Load Planner or did you just enter the figures into the MCDU3 LOAD menu?
    4. How did you load pax, cargo and fuel: Using the GSX function or via the MCDU3?
  4. After the Cockpit Prepartion CL has been completed - did you get the message on the INFOBAR or MCDU3 to close the doors?
  5. How did you close the doors?
    1. Manually by using the MCDU3 DOORS menu or
    2. GSX by removing the jetway or by starting its pushback function?

Remember that it takes some time to close all doors and that the BEFORE ENGINE START CL automatically starts. This could be nearly one minute...... Also you must be inside the VC to hear the CL running (if your view is set to the outside you will hear nothing).

Regards,

Rolf

16 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Hi Sébastien , as already previously mentioned I need some more information to reproduce the issue:

1. With which aircraft state you started e. g. C&D or TA?  ==> Always in C&D
  2. Was this aircraft state marked as default (DEF)? ==> DEF yes
  3. After the state has been completely loaded what did you do next:
    1. Did you as this point manually open or close any door and in case: which one? ==> not open the door... just start a flight in C&D, no loaded by GSX
    2. You stated that you are using GSX - did you attach a jetway? ==> yes just placed Jetway with GSW
    3. Did you use the Fuel- and Load Planner or did you just enter the figures into the MCDU3 LOAD menu? ==> just load pax, cargo and fuel on MCDU 3 (in popup)
    4. How did you load pax, cargo and fuel: Using the GSX function or via the MCDU3? ==> just use MCDU in POPUP
  4. After the Cockpit Prepartion CL has been completed - did you get the message on the INFOBAR or MCDU3 to close the doors? ==> YES, in INFO BAR and MCDU3...,j just open MCDU3 go to DOORS and close the door...
  5. How did you close the doors? ==> use MCDU3

problem since last update 1005... no problem with 1004.....    possible to return on 1004?

Regards,

Sebastien

vor 3 Minuten, Hanse sagte:
  • With which aircraft state you started e. g. C&D or TA?
  • Was this aircraft state marked as default (DEF)?
  • After the state has been completely loaded what did you do next:
    1. Did you as this point manually open or close any door and in case: which one?
    3. Did you use the Fuel- and Load Planner or did you just enter the figures into the MCDU3 LOAD menu?
    4. How did you load pax, cargo and fuel: Using the GSX function or via the MCDU3?
  • After the Cockpit Prepartion CL has been completed - did you get the message on the INFOBAR or MCDU3 to close the doors?
  • How did you close the doors?

I have the same issue with the checklist since Version 1.0.0.4:

May be an issue it only occurs for user not using GSX - this is not the first time that this happens. Remember the PAX load issue in MCDU3 for A318/319.

With which aircraft state you started e. g. C&D or TA?

Was this aircraft state marked as default (DEF)?

A333_V1.0.0.5 : Turnaround State - set as Default 

1.Did you as this point manually open or close any door and in case: which one?

Nothing, Turnaround State set some Doors automatically open (2x PAX Doors, 2x Cargo)

I dont use GSX

I enter manually the required Weight/Fuel/PAX into MCDU3 LOAd menue

4.How did you load pax, cargo and fuel: Using the GSX function or via the MCDU3?

via the MCDU3 / no GSX

After the Cockpit Prepartion CL has been completed - did you get the message on the INFOBAR or MCDU3 to close the doors?

No more since Version 1.0.0.4. It appears direct the Message "Configure and Start Pushback"

No Message "Close Doors" e.g.

If I go further without Checklist and initiate pushback the Numbers for distances are missing

Please login to display this image.

Is pushback done and parking brake set the Checklist initiate now the "Before Start Checklist" ….Doors closed ...e.g. and at the same time the After Start Checklist!

But from there no further Checklist will appear. The Message "Configure and Start Pushback" remain for the rest of taxi, flight eg.

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , Sébastien Sebastien sagte:

IR IN ALIGN 1439 MN, just after 1005 update and reboot PC...

Please open a new thread and do not hijack this one! It has nothing to do with the CL!

vor 2 Stunden , Hoffie3000 sagte:

If I go further without Checklist and initiate pushback the Numbers for distances are missing

Wolfgang, I am also not able to reproduce this issue - but missing fonts normally are connected to the OS like Windows. Therefore one question: After updating to 1.0.0.5 did you restart your computer? This is the only reason I see why something like this could happen.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is interesting. So if I understand correctly acter COCKPIT PREP checklist it prompts you to close the doors and as you close the doors nothing happens and the BEFORE START checklist remains blank. Is this correct?

I just made a quick test for this with 1.0.0.5 and I am unable to recreate, so unfortunately no idea what is going on. However we will make some changes in 1.0.0.6 on door logic so hopefully that helps.

@Hanse

No, this has nothing to do with Win OS. I dont talk about fonts -I talk about the numbers.

The same procedure works in A318/319 without problems.

You see the other numbers like the 90 degree numbers but match important is, that the numbers for pushback distances are visible if I check the pushback display direct after loading the aircraft state without running checklist.

The numbers disappearing during the checklist run.

Yes, of course. As I wrote this happens to me since 1.0.0.4 In the meantime I have done several flights and PC new starts.

@Secondator

Till version 1.0.0.3 the message "CLOSE DOORS" appears and the checklist continue.

Since version 1.0.0.4 the message "configure  and start pushback" appears but not the Close Doors message.

So I do that manually and the mess like decribed above is happen.

I do not use GSX may be is has to do with.

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Hoffie3000 said:

@Secondator

Till version 1.0.0.3 the message "CLOSE DOORS" appears and the checklist continue.

Since version 1.0.0.4 the message "configure  and start pushback" appears but not the Close Doors message.

So I do that manually and the mess like decribed above is happen.

Which doors did you have open? I just tested with 1L and both Cargo doors (bulk cargo door closed) and it did give me the close doors prompt.

Also I tried it without GSX and it was working just fine.

I described above - I use the Turnaround State as default setting. 2x Doors left side und 2x cargo doors are open.

You have GSX on your PC installed  and even if you disable GSX may be this make the difference.

I have no GSX on my PC and in the past user like me has the issue loading PAX and CARGO via MCDU3 in the A318/319. In that times Hanse was also no able to recreate this.

Anywhat is happen between version 1.0.0.3 and 1.0.0.4 /1.0.0.5

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

Apologies for missing the door configuration earlier. I did also uninstall my GSX just to test this theory out but I am still unable to recreate this.

The steps I take right now:

1) Load the Aircraft with Cold and Dark set as default panel state
2) Since door 1L is the only door open I manually open doors 2L and both cargo doors
3) I start the loading an fueling process by manually inserting some values to the left side and then initiating the boarding on all three (passenger, cargo, fuel)
4) I start the checklist with copilot on from cockpit preparation checklist
5) I program the MCDU INIT A and F-PLN pages
6) wait for the boarding to finish
7) Program in INIT B and PERF pages
8) Close all doors and the checklist jumps into Before start checklist automatically

After this checklist I can select START PUSH or START and everything keeps going normally.

Let me know if you do one of these steps differently. I am unfortunately not able to recreate this issue with 1.0.0.5. Not saying you are not having this issue but trying to understand why it's happening on your side but I am unable to recreate it.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 12 Stunden , Hoffie3000 sagte:

No, this has nothing to do with Win OS. I dont talk about fonts -I talk about the numbers.

The same procedure works in A318/319 without problems.

You see the other numbers like the 90 degree numbers but match important is, that the numbers for pushback distances are visible if I check the pushback display direct after loading the aircraft state without running checklist.

The numbers disappearing during the checklist run.

Wolfgang,

Sorry but this a complicated issue because I am not able to reproduce and until now you are the only one reporting this. "Numbers" are part and content of the fonts used in Windows. So please check if all the "Airbus Fonts" we use (see attached screenshot) are installed on your system. The fonts used are different between the smaller models and the A330 so please check. The separate pushback gauge is a completely independent feature from the one used in the checklists - if GSX is not installed - The only other additional suggestion I have is not to look into the seperate pushback gauge before starting the CL. I will also ask one of our real support team to have a look into this issue- maybe he has an idea how to solve your problem - without making a complete new installation.

Regards,

Rolf

@Secondator

1) Load the Aircraft with Cold and Dark set as default panel state

Start P3D with default Aircraft, switch to A333, Turnaround State as default.

2) Since door 1L is the only door open I manually open doors 2L and both cargo doors

Turnaround State as default. 2x Pax Doors and 2x Cargo

3) I start the loading an fueling process by manually inserting some values to the left side and then initiating the boarding on all three (passenger, cargo, fuel)

I do the same in MCDU3

5) I program the MCDU INIT A and F-PLN pages

7) Program in INIT B and PERF pages

I finished all programming before start checklist.

4) I start the checklist with copilot on from cockpit preparation checklist

I don´t use the automated checklist, I use the checklist without Copilot. 

6) wait for the boarding to finish

Same here

8 ) Close all doors and the checklist jumps into Before start checklist automatically

I push 1 to start the checklist, set the required Buttons and Switches manuell, it works fine till the message "Close Doors.... should appear.

Instead it appears direct the Message "Configure and Start Pushback"

No Message "Close Doors" e.g.

If I go further without Checklist and initiate pushback the numbers for distances are missing.

When pushback is done and parking brake set the Checklist initiate now the "Before Start Checklist" ….Doors closed ...e.g. and at the same time the After Start Checklist!

But from there no further Checklist will appear.

The Message "Configure and Start Pushback" remain for the rest of taxi, cruise eg.

@Hanse

Of course as the pushback issue starts I downloaded the A333 new from my account and install the A333 new, update to 1.0.0.4 und later 1.0.0.5. 

Antivirus off, PC new started all the time.

All Font installed:

I hope you don't misunderstand me.
My only concern is to help improve the product, after all I as a user profit from using a software that is as bug-free as possible.

But I also know from the past that it is not always easy to trace errors on the user side on the developer PC.

The fact that other users have not reported it can have several reasons. Begun of vacation till ... I do not have to announce myself, since there is already someone who addresses the problem.

Ok, the checklist is no spoilsport for me, so I just wait and see what happens with the next updates 🙂

Wolfgang

• Deputy Sheriffs

Wolfgang,

I think I maybe I identified the problem based on your information: The COCKPIT PREP CL has not been finished. After it would have been finished the MCDU3 CHECKLIST A should display "CLOSE DOORS" and the infobar "CLOSE DOORS or GSX........" And looking at the MCDU3 screenshot you provided there is the option "<SKIP ITEM" available which means the CL is not completed and a settings missing. So I believe you did some wrong settings. One suggestion therefore: Run the COCKPIT PREP CL with the COPILOT enabled and see what settings she does and what the result is after the checklist has been finished e.g. if you this time get the message......."CLOSE DOORS"! Please do not close the doors before this message appears!

Regards,

Rolf

I have the same issue with the door.   I have tried four times today and it is hit or miss with the results.  My versions, and my process steps are outlined below:

P3D v4.5 SP2; A330 1.0.0.5

1.  Started P3D; load aircraft (Delta models) and airport.

2.  Aircraft loads up in Aerosoft default turn-around state.  The outside doors are open in this state.

3.  Using MCDU3, I load the cold and dark state.  Door 1L is the only one open.

4.  I set up mu fuel and payload using the A3XX FuelPlanner.   

5.  Using MCDU3,  I init the loadsheet, then select Instant load

6.  I go to the checklist and turn it and the copilot on.

7.  Pilot and copilot start going through the checklist.  I start to get the FMC programmed once the ADIRS is turned on.

8.  Checklist finishes and info bar flashes, alertig me to close the door. 

9.  I finish the FMC programming, then close the door.

10.  Checklist completly stops and will not move forward.  Does not recognize door closing.

As I said in the beginning, it is hit or miss.  During the four times I tried today, three times the checklist stopped when it got to step 9 above.  During one of the flights, I even had the GSX services turned off in the ground services section of MCDU3.   The *only* thing that may play into this is sometimes I turn on the KEYB INPUT ON to enter FMC items, and then turn it off.  I cannot, however, recall if the checklist freeze is because of that fact.

I am not new to Aerosoft Airbus series or GSX.  This is just the most baffling thing to me. 

Best regards.

Todd

Just tried again, this time without the KEYB INPUT ON.  The checklist froze upon closing the door.   I also forgot to mention in my prvious post that I am using the MCDU3 to close the door, if that helps.  

The checklist is now completely unusable.  It refuses to move forward after closing the doors.  I even tried the workaround discussed under the folowing post:

One of the the other things that I have noticed is that it takes some time for the slides to set.  Could it be related?   Please don't misunderstand.  I love the plane.  Because of my experience with the A320 series, I can work throught this.  But something has definitely happened regarding the checklist and 1.0.0.5.

Have a great New Year!

• Deputy Sheriffs

We closed this topic and created a new one summarizing the findings and proposing a solution. Please have a look into:

Archived