hugh Problems when many AI are loading

Ulmel

Hello,

another Problem with the A330:

It's normal that I get hugh stutters when a lot of AI is loading (like an approach to an bigger airport), every aircraft can handle it. It stutters a few seconds and done, everything normal.

The A330 is completely different. It stutters heavily, starts climbing with around 6000 ft/min and looses control. I had this also on the flight when an bigger airport with AI is coming to load.

And pls don't tell me: Reduce your AI!

Thanks Urmel

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems like with a lot of AI your simulator is not capable to run fps above 18 constantly. If at any point your fps drops below 18, you will start to see weird things. This is due to the nature how our A330 interacts with P3D compilers.

vor 59 Minuten, Secondator sagte:

It seems like with a lot of AI your simulator is not capable to run fps above 18 constantly. If at any point your fps drops below 18, you will start to see weird things. This is due to the nature how our A330 interacts with P3D compilers.

Really? This is your answer? The FSLabs is quite more FPS heavy than the Aerosoft (which is good for Aerosoft). They are working all (I've a lot of Payware Aircraft - PMDG - Majestic - Qualtiywings - Carenado - FSLABS -...), only the Aerosoft not. I don't use the sim since yesterday!

That's are the answers I really hate - and I'm quite happy that I don't purchase a lot of Aerosoft Products when I read anwers like these from Aerosoft Deputys. That's the nature how Customers react - stop buying. Then you need to write in the System requirements: Not compatible with normal or heavy AI (over 20 aircraft loading at one time).

So back to my Support request. Please look what's happen with the A330 - other ones (even like your CRJ professional) are working.

23 hours ago, Secondator said:

I had no issues what so ever with the A320,  it's only since we added the A330 that these issues have arisen,and I'll add I had all the setting set at high levels for the 320/321.   Your own pilots have encountered this same loss of control issue and they are running high performance systems.

2 hours ago, Detail50 said:

Your own pilots have encountered this same loss of control issue and they are running high performance systems.

Well Ray, it's true that I've experienced this issue a couple of times.  But I would not call my system high performance.

i7-4770K, which I purchased in June of 2013, so that's a 6.5 year old processor with a normal core frequency of 3.4GHz, though I have it overclocked with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz.

16GB Ram

Vanilla GTX 1080p - which is hammered due to one card running a 55-inch 4K and three 23-inch 1080p monitors on every run.  The amount of software I run in every flight in addition to P3D and a weather engine is absolutely staggering.

Some of our testers run much better systems than I do, and some run a bit slower end systems.  This provides us with a cross section of system capabilities on which to evaluate our software.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well Ray, it's true that I've experienced this issue a couple of times.  But I would not call my system high performance.

i7-4770K, which I purchased in June of 2013, so that's a 6.5 year old processor with a normal core frequency of 3.4GHz, though I have it overclocked with all 4 cores locked at 4.5GHz.

16GB Ram

Vanilla GTX 1080p - which is hammered due to one card running a 55-inch 4K and three 23-inch 1080p monitors on every run.  The amount of software I run in every flight in addition to P3D and a weather engine is absolutely staggering.

Some of our testers run much better systems than I do, and some run a bit slower end systems.  This provides us with a cross section of system capabilities on which to evaluate our software.

Sounds like a good testing process Dave to cover the waterfront.    I'm going to try deleting and reinstalling the P3D client and see if that has any effect.    I don't think there is anything left to try beyond that.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, Ulmel said:

Really? This is your answer? The FSLabs is quite more FPS heavy than the Aerosoft (which is good for Aerosoft). They are working all (I've a lot of Payware Aircraft - PMDG - Majestic - Qualtiywings - Carenado - FSLABS -...), only the Aerosoft not. I don't use the sim since yesterday!

That's are the answers I really hate - and I'm quite happy that I don't purchase a lot of Aerosoft Products when I read anwers like these from Aerosoft Deputys. That's the nature how Customers react - stop buying. Then you need to write in the System requirements: Not compatible with normal or heavy AI (over 20 aircraft loading at one time).

So back to my Support request. Please look what's happen with the A330 - other ones (even like your CRJ professional) are working.

Hello Urmel,

I am sorry that my answer did not please you. But is your sim constantly running more than 18 fps when this event happens? If it isn't then there isn't unfortunately much we can do. As I said, due to the nature how our aircraft has been coded to interact with P3D functions, it requires constantly more than 18 fps. This is in the very core of our Airbus product and not something that can be fixed without reprogramming the whole product again. It is a limitation that we simply have to accept and in order to deliver for most of our users we have tried to make our aircraft as fps friendly as ever possible. But if you load out your simulator with massive amounts of AI, weather, add-on sceneries etc. it will have it's breaking point.

I know my answer might not satisfy you, but I have tried to be as honest as possible with you.

On 29.12.2019 at 23:21, Secondator sagte:

Hello Urmel,

I am sorry that my answer did not please you. But is your sim constantly running more than 18 fps when this event happens? If it isn't then there isn't unfortunately much we can do. As I said, due to the nature how our aircraft has been coded to interact with P3D functions, it requires constantly more than 18 fps. This is in the very core of our Airbus product and not something that can be fixed without reprogramming the whole product again. It is a limitation that we simply have to accept and in order to deliver for most of our users we have tried to make our aircraft as fps friendly as ever possible. But if you load out your simulator with massive amounts of AI, weather, add-on sceneries etc. it will have it's breaking point.

I know my answer might not satisfy you, but I have tried to be as honest as possible with you.

Ok, you never have conditions with and FPS drop in your System below 18?, not even for 2-3 seconds - not when you arrive in an Hub like EGLL, EDDF, KJFT, KSFO??? - with an Payware scenery?  Nice, can I have your system?, It's an dream for every simmer to have no stutters.

I'll post in the AVSIM Forum and the AIG Forum that your A330 is not really compatible with AI. Because with some AI, you have some loading, some stutters and you crash with your professional Airbus.

Can I get an refund?

• Aerosoft

If something works for over 20.000 users and not on your system, how can you blame the product? 

Of course the A330 is compatible with  AI traffic.  We have thousands of customers for this product and I am assuming all of them are use AI traffic to some degree. The issue you face is that the FPS on your system drops very much (obviously much more than with other users) when it loads the AI traffic. And no, my system does not drop below 18 FPS, I always fly with our internal frame rate counter tools active so I do know that.  Just check the thousands of flights on VATSIM and IVAO and the dozens of videos showing AI traffic. 

Threatening us with posting about this issue does not really help in getting a refund and as many of our customer will read your comments knowing it is simply not factual it will also not help your point. 

vor 7 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

If something works for over 20.000 users and not on your system, how can you blame the product? 

Of course the A330 is compatible with  AI traffic.  We have thousands of customers for this product and I am assuming all of them are use AI traffic to some degree. The issue you face is that the FPS on your system drops very much (obviously much more than with other users) when it loads the AI traffic. And no, my system does not drop below 18 FPS, I always fly with our internal frame rate counter tools active so I do know that.  Just check the thousands of flights on VATSIM and IVAO and the dozens of videos showing AI traffic. 

Threatening us with posting about this issue does not really help in getting a refund and as many of our customer will read your comments knowing it is simply not factual it will also not help your point. 

I know, my system is bad. But it's good enough for the other A320, which is way more FPS heavy (and I don't need to reduce settings).

Normal way to answer:

Thanks for your finding, we'll have a look into....  You know the A330 is still in development.

One good thing: the Aerosoft A330 looks fantastic, has nice textures, and it's flying good and stable when you don't have stutters.

Thanks

Urmel

35 minutes ago, Ulmel said:

Ok, you never have conditions with and FPS drop in your System below 18?, not even for 2-3 seconds - not when you arrive in an Hub like EGLL, EDDF, KJFT, KSFO??? - with an Payware scenery?  Nice, can I have your system?, It's an dream for every simmer to have no stutters.

I'll post in the AVSIM Forum and the AIG Forum that your A330 is not really compatible with AI. Because with some AI, you have some loading, some stutters and you crash with your professional Airbus.

Can I get an refund?

My 7 yesr old system does not suffer from low fps at Aerosofts EGLL. When flying in it might freeze once ir twice to load all that scenery, but a temporary freeze is not the same as low fps.

Before I came to Aerosoft people would pay me $500 to hroom their computer to run FSX/P3D and I only charged because I didn't want to do the work as I eeally didn't have the time. My point is that flight sim is still far from being plug-n-play and depending on the system some research and work maybe required to run a lot of payware.

Feel free to post whatever you wish elsewhere, but I have to tell you that knowledgeable flight simmers will see things differently than what you might post.

Its not right to thresten znyone or any company because you are frustrated, especially when that reason is internal rather than anything the comoany did. Speaking for myself, I would be embarrased if I did that.

You were saddled with VERY bad manners my friend.

vor 4 Minuten, DaveCT2003 sagte:

My 7 yesr old system does not suffer from low fps at Aerosofts EGLL. When flying in it might freeze once ir twice to load all that scenery, but a temporary freeze is not the same as low fps.

Before I came to Aerosoft people would pay me $500 to hroom their computer to run FSX/P3D and I only charged because I didn't want to do the work as I eeally didn't have the time. My point is that flight sim is still far from being plug-n-play and depending on the system some research and work maybe required to run a lot of payware.

Feel free to post whatever you wish elsewhere, but I have to tell you that knowledgeable flight simmers will see things differently than what you might post.

Its not right to thresten znyone or any company because you are frustrated, especially when that reason is internal rather than anything the comoany did. Speaking for myself, I would be embarrased if I did that.

You were saddled with VERY bad manners my friend.

Yes, you are exactly right with this:

When flying in it might freeze once ir twice to load all that scenery, but a temporary freeze is not the same as low fps.

This I had, and then the control was lost! I didn't complain at all about FPS, these are good.

With these freeze I had my problems and lost control! That was the problem, and Aerosoft should have a look into why the A330 will loose control sometimes within this freezes. That's all what I want when I opened this topic but no, I've been told that's the problem is on the users side, which is wron. It's on the aerosoft side, but it is more easy to say: It's your problem with your settings: stutters are not allowed with the Airbus.

On 12/29/2019 at 1:59 PM, Detail50 said:

I had no issues what so ever with the A320,  it's only since we added the A330 that these issues have arisen,and I'll add I had all the setting set at high levels for the 320/321.   Your own pilots have encountered this same loss of control issue and they are running high performance systems.

I have to say that I most certainly do see this issue with the A320 and had convinced myself to just live with it. However, this topic is a bit of a revelation for me as this proves that it's not just down to my system. Yes, I can hold 28fps for 95% of the time, but when I can't (for reasons other posters have stated), I wouldn't expect my a/c to basically 'turn turtle' on me and give up !!!

vor 13 Minuten, garydpoole sagte:

I have to say that I most certainly do see this issue with the A320 and had convinced myself to just live with it. However, this topic is a bit of a revelation for me as this proves that it's not just down to my system. Yes, I can hold 28fps for 95% of the time, but when I can't (for reasons other posters have stated), I wouldn't expect my a/c to basically 'turn turtle' on me and give up !!!

When I read all the complains about this issue (A320, A330;), I'll don't think we will ever get it solved (It's excisting since months or years - when was the A320 published?). Aerosoft don't accept it as an problem. We need to accept that sometimes the Airbus will fall out of the sky for some users.

30 minutes ago, Ulmel said:

Yes, you are exactly right with this:

When flying in it might freeze once ir twice to load all that scenery, but a temporary freeze is not the same as low fps.

This I had, and then the control was lost! I didn't complain at all about FPS, these are good.

With these freeze I had my problems and lost control! That was the problem, and Aerosoft should have a look into why the A330 will loose controll sometimes within this freezes.

Well, if you ask my wife, she'd tell you that I'm allllwaysssssss right!  But I don't think she means that in a flattering way.

Look, guys, we have people posting here without including their system specifications, but let me say this.. and out of respect of my 30+ years as a computer hardware engineer and my 37 years helping people in flight sim (yeah, I'm am old guy), just give me and Aerosoft the courtesy we deserve, okay?  I promise you that we aren't abjectly closing the door on you.

The Aerosoft Airbus ties it's fly by wire into the fps in the sim.  Not the way I would have gone, and I don't pretend to understand why we did that.  If they had spoken with me about this first I would have beat them all with a large dead fish until they listened to me and agreed to change it. Believe me, I've been stocking up on large, sticky dead fish to beat some people with, and that event happens next week (but it's not about this issue).

Here is the real deal here.  If you are having this issue, then there is a VERY real possibility that you few guys are suffering from one or more of the following:

1.  Driver problem,

2.  Hardware problem (and that doesn't necessarily mean BAD hardware),

3.  Flight sim software or settings issue (that's ALL related flight sim software).

See, here is the thing, we have people on our internal team who have the same (or extremely similar) systems that you guys have and they aren't suffering from this issue.  Now, we also have hundreds of customers with the same/similar systems that you guys have and they too aren't having this issue.  So where is the most likely problem?   Look, I'm not lying to you, neither are our team members, and it's not in our best interest to do that.

One more question.  Should it be Aerosoft's responsibility to troubleshoot and/or groom your systems to run software we provide?  Oblisously you'd have to be severely mentally challenged to answer yes to that question, in ANY way, so please, until you can answer the first question for us or you send me $500 to troubleshoot/groom your system, let's just drop this.  Speaking as a formally trained computer hardware engineer with well over 30 years experience, it's just getting out of hand.

Fortunately, there is a one thing I know that might well help you. It does not involve me grooming your systems unless you really want to pay me $500 per system - and I don't want to do that, I really don't even have the time to do that.

Before I help you, help me fight against piracy by PM'ing me your purchase information and the email to reach you.  Then give me a day or two to get back to you.

On 12/28/2019 at 2:43 PM, Secondator said:

If at any point your fps drops below 18, you will start to see weird things. 

Perhaps it might be prudent in the products' list of hardware / software requirements, to state exactly how these 'weird things' could/would manifest themselves if the user's PC cannot hold > 18fps ? Then they could make an informed decision whether or not to purchase.

• Aerosoft

Well with the hardware requirements we are sure that 18 fps is easily achievable. Keep in mind we have been using exactly the same system since 2012 so we have some experience with many tens of thousands of people running the products.

And we have indeed seen this issue many times, sometimes we can understand why (mainly because of setting and tweaks), sometimes the issues are complete solved when the sim is reset, sometimes it can be traced back to hardware (for example HD's that have gone to sleep) or laptops that simply do not have the bandwidth. If you check the issues on the forums you see many that are simply resolved.

We do not consider it normal that the FPS of the sim drops dramatically when something is loaded. 

22 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Perhaps it might be prudent in the products' list of hardware / software requirements, to state exactly how these 'weird things' could/would manifest themselves if the user's PC cannot hold > 18fps ? Then they could make an informed decision whether or not to purchase.

I see you like large, stinky dead fish too! LOL!

I understand you posted that on a reactionary manner born of frustration, and you may not have yet read my recent post.

Of course what you suggest would not make sense, as people with identical systems get different frame rates for at least a few hundred reasons I know of, most of them for bad reasons. The most accurate way is to list ythe minimum hardware requirements.

We're not trying to be difficult, we are simply being honest with you my friend.

My very best wishes to you.

I'll make it easy for Aerosoft and the Users. It's going way of topic here.

It seems a lot of people have problems with the A330 or even the A320 professional when frames drop shortly.

AND NOW THE EASY QUESTION:

Is Aerosoft considering an solution / update that the Airbus won't make any weird things when some stutters occur?

Thanks for an friendly answer, pls no long comments. A lot of people are waiting ...

...and no more insults please .... (English is not my mother language - I read some comments here from Forum Moderators as insults! - hopefully I'm wrong)

Regards Urmel

There is one thing we can do whjch might help somewhat, (only for those who PM me)  but like everything in flight sim it depends on the system and settings in use. This is just how it is in flight sim... and its slways been that way.

No Support via Private Message. If you'd like my support for an issue, please create a forum post and send me the link to the post via PM. This ensures others will benefit from the question and answer.  Thanks!

• Aerosoft
59 minutes ago, Ulmel said:

AND NOW THE EASY QUESTION:

no, not possible as we have explained many many times. 

As I also explained we have been using this frame by frame system since 2012 and though we have seen this issue with every release with some people (in total for the A330 we now have a list of 22 people who discussed this, of those 13 have been solved and two decided they did not want to look for possible reasons. 

vor 19 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

no, not possible as we have explained many many times. 

Then I've missed these many times. I purchased it, because my pc is within your minimum requirement:

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V4.5.x Hotfix 2 (es wird immer die aktuellste Version von Prepar3D benötigt)
Betriebssystem: Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit) (ältere 64-bit-Versionen nicht getestet)
Prozessor: Intel Core™ i5 (i7 empfohlen) oder AMD Ryzen 5 (Ryzen 7 empfohlen)
Arbeitsspeicher: 8 GB RAM (16 GB empfohlen)
Grafikkarte: 3 GB VRAM (DirectX 11), z.B. GeForce GTX 1050 (6 GB, GTX 1070 empfohlen)
Erfordert die Aktivierung der HDR-Einstellung!
Steuereinheit (Joystick) mit Rudder- und Throttle-Steuerungsmöglichkeiten
Download-Größe: 1,9 GB

I have: I7 4770 K, GTX 1080, 32 GB Ram, everything better that requested.

I didn't find anything that I always need 18 FPS, and that no short (seconds) FPS drops, Stutters are allowed.

That means: no more Aerosoft Airbus when I'm correct. And sorry, nearly no more purchases at your shop. I purchased a lot of things, really a lot, but since 2 or 3 years my purchases are going really down because of your low quality sometimes, arrogant support and some more issues. And I'm not the only one.

Have fun with your company.

Hopefully you change your way to an better direction in some time.

You need to take care of your customers ! Be friendly to customers - even if they are not happy! Listen to customers! Try to help customers - and don't say always: it's your fault, your system! Don't post insults to your customers!

You need really to improve your company philosophy - maybe something for the new year!

At the moment, as I'm writing these words I had some stutters mit the FSl... A319 over Norfolk, and she is still flying without any reaction. Nice. The simmers life can be nice with these things.

Regards and have fun, and a better 2020

Ulmel

Ah, well if you go back and read what I wrote, I specifically asked for you to PM me your purchase info. Thats okay, you showed me all I need to know. Thus endeth my attempts to help you.

Best wishes though.

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be quite frank, the only one who is constantly insulting others in here, is you Ulmel. 

As you indicated that you don't want to follow up anymore and have made it also perfectly clear that you consider all the help, suggestions and offers you got in here as worthless I am going to close this topic. 

All the best for you in 2020 as well. 

Archived