Mega Barcelona Pro: No dynamic Lights on arrival

abueren

Hello,

I just noticed when arriving at lebl in P3Dv4.5 HF2, I have no Dyn Lights on arrival. When I load the airport for takeoff, the dyn lights work. 

I can't believe this hasn't been fixed or am I getting something wrong. I know a lot of airports have (had) these problems, but from a "professional" product, I expect that this stuff would have been solved long ago. It is really annoying as it spoils the whole flight!

best regards

Adrian

• Aerosoft

This is a known issue with P3D for at least 3 years. As far as we know there is no definite fix that the add-on developers can do (you can find several discussions on that in the Prepar3d.net forums.). 

There are a few work-around, such as setting the effect loading distance to medium, clearing the shaders cache (always a good idea) or the one described here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/no-dynamic-lighting-at-arrival.441769/. But again, as far as I know there is no definite way to fix this as it has to be done by the sim.

ok, but concerning the link, isn't this something the developers have to do? I'm not really an expert at this, but doesn't "attach a controller file" involve messing with a bgl-File included in the package? 

In my experience, there are a lot of payware airports out there where it doesn't happen. So I assume, Simwings has some possibilities here.

Thanks

Adrian

We heard back from the developer, and he wants to ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of the scenery.  We discussed a few things, but here is what he said regarding the issue you're experiencing:

But it is important, that the user have the newest Version of Barcelona Professional installed, it is 1.1.1.0, because in older Version the effects was different and generates the issue.

Can you please check to see which version you're having issues with and let us know? If you're unable to find the version info (might be included in the file name) then you can simply download the latest version from where you purchased the scenery.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, and my very best wishes for a Happy New Year!

Archived