unflyable

Hello everyone and merry christmas to all,

I have a serious issue operating the CRJ aircraft. I have version 2.0.0.2 installed on a Win 10 64 system and P3d v4.5. I assume i have installed everything correctly.

Now my issue:

the aircraft does not respect altitude restriction (e.g. climbs above set altitude)

randomly starts climbig like a rocket and then starts a steep descent to recover speed and so on.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? I have aready re-installed several times but to no avail. I'd really love to fly this bird but as it is right now it is no fun. I do not exclude however that I am the problem ...

Any help is welcome.

Best,

Norbert

Norbert, are you running the HF2 version of P3Dv4.5?

I read in the past weeks only a few people reporting a similar problem.

You are aware that the AP of a CRJ is not so sophisticated like an Airbus or Boeing?

What mode do you use for climbing?

I suggest using the "Speed" Mode.

Do I understand you right the CRJ accelerate during Cruise unexpected?

Wolfgang

Hi Norbert,

I've got the same Problem ... see my post yesterday in the German Forum (versehentlich). And very often the Autopilot cannot be switched on. In my case, this is a similar Problem with ALL CRJ's, not only the professional Version. Probably the both of us do something wrong .... but what?

Greetings, Gero

Hi Hoffie3000 and gero,

I am indeed running HF2 and I am climbing in Speed mode. What I also noted after the steep dive, when it starts climbing again things look normal, meaning normal climb rate and steadily increasing speed. Let's assume I have entered a speed target of 290kts. When speed reaches approx. 270kts the CRJ starts rocketing again. It is sad but I cannot enjoy this wonderful bird.

Cheers,

Norbert

@Norlo

I´m wondering how you can set up 76PAX. The CRJ700Pro is limited to max. 70PAX.

So the weights are a bit different. But should not be really important.

Is it possible that the flightplan was made of simbrief?

Active Sky in use.

Question: Have you Active Sky too ?

Please login to display this image.

Ready for Take Off

Max. Vertical Speed was 5100ft, stabilized by around 4000-4300ft to catch the 220KIAS on the SID during the turn.

Accelerating to 280KIAS climb in Speed Mode

Passing FL220

When you get close to the desired flight level you have to pay attention to the thrust. Reduce in time otherwise the speed on this FL will overshoot very fast.
The FL240 was captured very well. At these low FL I use 320KIAS in cruise.

Wolfgang

yes, FLP was generated through Simbrief, and yes, active sky is also in use.

I'll give it another try tomorrow with special attention to correct setup of the aircraft and weights etc. My suspect is that I am missing a step or setting, hence the issue is sitting in front of the screen. 🙂

I will report how it went.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts.

Norbert

I successfully performed the LSGG-EDDF flight yesterday.
The only thing I changed was that I deleted the FSUIPC trim axis - I had defined one of my joystick axes as a trim axis via FSUIPC. Could this have been the reason for the strange behavior?

Cheers

Norbert

• Developer

For sure it was that assignment. Trim is used by the AP to control VS and your trim axis position would work against it.

just define two buttons for trim up and down and you will have great manual control. 

Hallo all of you,

I'm not quite sure if I can contribute anything .... but for me, agai and again flying the CRJ 550 pro is NOT successful.

I'm trying to fly from Kuala Lumpur WMKK to Singapore WSSS and attach a few screenshots documenting the situation.

The simulation is performed on 3 monitors with one cockpit view, one outside view and one EFB view together with Thomas Molitor's map.

In my simulation, the reference speeds and weights have correctly been copied from EFB to FMC, there were no problems, warnings

or alarms before takeoff.

After takeoff, the AP couldn't be activated correctly - this means: if it could be activated at all, this caused a permanent alarm

which couldn't be switched off again by any means. The aircraft didn't follow the AP, and after a very short while (some milliseconds)

the AP switched off again.

I don't know what am I doing wrong. The same flight route by any other aircraft than CRJ doesn't cause any porblems ...

Screenshot 1: the situation before start. No problems.

Screenshot 2: situation prior to lift off. No problems.

Screenshot 3: just after lift off. Trying to engage the AP causes permanent alarm, but will NOT engage the AP

Screenshot 4: flight modus shortly later. The AP was engaged by chance but did not help anything. Speed decreased more and more, so did the angle of attack, the AP was useless.

Screenshot 5: AP switched off automatically and could not be reactivated any more. Ascent speed encreased to more than 5000 ft/min, the flight state was completely unstable, and the joystick pressed to "downwards" completely.

p.s. manche Sachverhalte auf englisch etwas mühsam zu erklären. Jedenfalls weiß ich nicht mehr weiter, ich habe den Eindruck,

daß in seltenen Fällen das Fliegen mit der CRJ zufällig funktioniert, in den meisten Fällen aber nicht.

Warum kann man nicht einfach den AP ausschalten und manuell fliegen? In der Realität sollte dies doch auch möglich sein ... aber hier kann man sich dann dem nervigen Daueralarm letztlich nicht entziehen ...

Wäre noch zu erwähnen: ich benutze keinerlei 3rd party addons, alle Eingaben geschehen ausnahmslos über die Tools der CRJ.

Nevertheless... happy new year 2020, greetings, Gero

Well, I read about it and tried several different configurations - thanks Alexander !

FIRST of all, I reduced the TOW dramatically by setting (in the EFB) the number of passengers to 2, the FWD and AFT Cargo to 10 kg each, and the Fuel to 1970 kg - thus, getting an TOW of 22910 kg - below an MTOW of 29484 kg (don't forget to submit the values from the EFB to the MCDU by clicking to the appropriate buttons). This improved the behaviour in a first step. HOWEVER, by clicking into any other field of the EFB (e.g. Maintance) resets the Performance cargo to initial numbers exceeding the MTOW again! This means: after having adjusted the weight in "Performance", don't switch to any other field of the EFB any more !

The second thing is: I didn't know that there is a connection between the ATC of P3D and the FMC of the CRJ. At Kuala Lumpur WMKK, I was given RWY 14R by the ATC ("departure to the West"), but I wanted to use RWY 32L which is the same runway but opposite direction. I managed that by taxiing to beginn of 14R, then got a takeoff allowance by the control tower, then taxied down the runway and started from the opposite direction (=32L). Doing so, the AP works but sets up continuous alarm just after takeoff which cannot be switched off by any means.

If I got RWY 32L by the control tower ("Departure to the North"), there now finally no problems occured - no alarm, AP worked well without any problems .....

Many different eventualities .... hard to check, because each time I had to start the simulation just from the beginning by initiating the aircraft's FMC ...

Nevertheless, thanks a lot - greetings, gero

• Developer

Gero, you need to save a flight with the data in the EFB matching proper loading, or when you load the aircraft from the menu, just reduce the total fuel in the EFB and transfer data to aircraft and you should be fine too.
The Tanks volume is the critical one as said in the explanations. They cannot be filed like on the -700, unless you make a ferry flight with no pax on board.

• Developer
On 27.12.2019 at 08:34, gero sagte:

And very often the Autopilot cannot be switched on.

If this happens, the reason is usually signal noise from your joystick/yoke. There's a setting on the EFB Options page which allows to change the sensitivity of the autopilot disconnect feature. If you set it to LOW and still get autopilot disconnects, then you need to check and possibly fix your joystick/yoke calibration and null zones.

Archived