A330-300 Tail logo light missing.

Jammin16

Hey every one,

I have discovered that the tail light it's not turn it on, on the tail! You can see my problem on the picture.

I remember that there was the same problem with the Airbus A318/A319/A320 and A321 was released for P3D v4.

I think you can fix it in an update.

Best regards
Jammin16

Please login to display this image.

21 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Are you sure you did switch the logo light on? 

Hi Mathijs,

Yes I have follow the the checklist and i have turned off and on 2 times but the tail was still dark???

• Aerosoft

In that case the most likely cause is that some of your default effects files are overwritten by non standard ones. Unfortunately some add-on developers do that.

But to avoid any confusion, could you replicate this image and post it here?

I noticed selecting flaps 1+f for take off the moment the planes wheels rotates off the ground the tail light goes off. Cant recall the logo light behavior on using flaps 2 for take off.

• Aerosoft
6 minutes ago, chinjh said:

I noticed selecting flaps 1+f for take off the moment the planes wheels rotates off the ground the tail light goes off. Cant recall the logo light behavior on using flaps 2 for take off.

So you select Flaps 1+F the moment you lift off? And not before?  That's not really how things are done.

So you confirm the lights work on the ground?

20 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In that case the most likely cause is that some of your default effects files are overwritten by non standard ones. Unfortunately some add-on developers do that.

But to avoid any confusion, could you replicate this image and post it here?

Okay, when the aircaft stay on the ground the Tail light is on, when after take off and landing the tail light is off!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well of course the logo light is off in cruise.

But I am not able to recreate the lights going off at liftoff. 

Okay, but it's seems to work fine now (Sweet Lord!) so I would went back if i have a other problem!

But now i flight in swiss but if I flight in Eurowings I have stille he same problem none light on the tail in the air or on the ground!

• Aerosoft

I honestly do not know why you see this, we have never seen this issue before on the A330 and I am simply not able to recreate what you see on any of my three test machines.

The only reason I could imagine is that something is not correct with the sim. Something a client re-install will fix. With modern add-ons that is done in half an hour and I would advise that at this moment.

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So you select Flaps 1+F the moment you lift off? And not before?  That's not really how things are done.

So you confirm the lights work on the ground?

No i mean everything is set preflight etc all done with vspeeds set. Its when i go for take off the moment the gears leaves the runway the tail logo turns off. For flaps 2 the lights stay on even when i rotate and climb and the lights will stay on but when i retract to 1+f the logo lights turns off. By right the logo should only automatically be turned off when flaps have been fully retracted.

Edit: Going through  airbus manuals it seems most Airbuses will have the logo light stay on if flaps is at config 2 or 15 degrees retracting flaps to 1+f will turn it off. For take off using Flaps 1+f the moment the gear leaves the runway the logo lights will automatically be turned off. Funny cause some of the a330 in my region will have the logo light stay on until flaps is only fully retracted guess its depending on customer customization.

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

Therefore, do not use freeware!

Of course you can use freeware, as long as you know what it is doing. But yes using these shader tools with modern aircraft in P3D is getting more and more problematic.

Just now, mopperle said:

Of course you can use freeware, as long as you know what it is doing. But yes using these shader tools with modern aircraft in P3D is getting more and more problematic.

Okay, but I have tried to uninstall Tomato-shade and I have still som efect back from tomato-shade and i didn't know how i fixed! ???

Do you happen to know how to fix it ???

5 minutes ago, mopperle said:

You can try to delete the shader folder in P3D. This should solve it.

I have delete the folder but, I have still the light effect from the airport light! (i mean the light reflection)

Like as you see on Mathijs  night picture, and have just a GTX! I know that RTX card make the special light effect!

May be we can write about this somewhere else ???

• Deputy Sheriffs

Logo light is depending on aircraft configuration (ordered by airline)

We modeled the gear compression logic. So at liftoff, the light will go off.

Archived