loss of engine sounds

Cyrille de Lattre

Good morning, and Merry Christmas to all,

I have done one flight with the A330 and so far so good, I am actually performing my real second one from cold and dark, but I am experiencing exactly the same as the short test flight I did yesterday. All none engine sounds are working correctly, but startup and shutdown plays no sounds, and the beautiful whistling engine sounds coming on and off when adding power now comes as an all or nothing for 10 seconds.

Basically I have no more engine sounds.

The version I have is 1.0.0.4 via the aerosoft updater.

Also I have red everywhere that it must not be installed in the P3D folder, but the installer never gave me the option to install it anywhere else than in Add-on Path: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Aerosoft A330 Professional.

Thanks for your help

Cyrille de LATTRE

• Aerosoft

The installer offers you most certainly the option to choose your own install path.

Are you 100% sure you did not simply switched off the default sounds of the sim or have them set at 0 volume? The other sounds you hear are made via our own module, so not with the default P3d code.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The installer offers you most certainly the option to choose your own install path.

Are you 100% sure you did not simply switched off the default sounds of the sim or have them set at 0 volume? The other sounds you hear are made via our own module, so not with the default P3d code.

here are the screenshots

Cyrille

Please login to display this image.

57 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But again, are you sure you don't have [q] pressed?

Btw activate Mute on Lost Focus.

Ok I have to apologies, the Q was pressed, although I do not recall having used it at all today but I did used it yesterday to watch a movie while on cruise... but ...

Anyway all is back to normal, meanwhile could you tell me what is the use of Mute on Lost Focus knowing that I never use anything else than Vatsim to fly. No AI

Cyrille

• Aerosoft

Well, I a just glad it is solved!

I advise 'Mute on lost focus' to be set to on because we have seen a few times this sound keeps on playing even though the sim is shut down with this not activated. Not a massive issue but the only way to switch it off is to start and shut down the sim again or reboot.

Archived