Texture loss in VC when loading from saved flight

Hey folks,

Running 1.0.0.4 as a new purchaser. (Installed correctly with no AV, etc)

When I load a saved scenario at an airport stand (Fly Tampa OMDB F24 at 10:00:00 am local) I get a VC panel that is missing a lot of textures (see attached). FYI, I am loading the flight when I first start up P3D, with the default F-35 in the vehicle window. 

If I build the scenario by simply picking the plane (Swiss A330) at the same stand, at the same date and time; I get  a normally textured VC... No problem. Then just as a test, if I then load a scenario basically in the same spot, I lose all the textures again.

Obviously there is a workaround on the ground (Don't load a saved scenario).  I have not tried it in flight yet, but I imagine the behavior is the same.

FWIW, I have reloaded and loaded the sim at least 5 times using each approach: building the scenario from scratch, or loading a saved scenario, with consistent behavior.

Tx,

Rick

Please login to display this image.

I should also add, in trying to debug the problem, I did I complete reinstall of the plane (rebooted multiple times, no AV, CC-cleaner registry check just in case) . I also reinstalled the MS C++ libraries.

I think I created the offending scenario by saving it in sim, not rom the scenario screen and saving it. Also used the Swiss A330.

Again, not a big deal as you can work around it by building the scenario on the ground.  Thought it may be helpful if you are trying to get ahead of the curve on bugs (if it is one - and not a config issue for me).

Tx,

Rick

2 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So it is not the hardware.

I have no idea why this happens  on your system, we have not seen this before (except whee the system runs out of memory. Do you have any tweaks to the graphics cared drivers? 

No tweaks or overclocking. Using latest driver from early December.

It happens with or without EZDOK, with or without REX Environment Force.

I am going to try a different airport and see if I can replicate.

Scenario attached

delme.fms delme.asc Delme.abx Delme.fxml Delme.wx OMDBOOSA01.rt2

I would certainly try doing a DDU Wipe of your graphics drivers and then installing the latest graphics drivers.  There can be reason to do this evening if you just put the graphics card in your system and installed the drivers.  After all that is set, then clear your P3D Shaders.

Finally, if you wish to save a Scenario, it's best to do that when loaded in the aircraft.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

I have cleared shaders as part of the debug. GCard has been installed for 6 months. I will give the wipe a try but if I can replicate at another airport, it must be something else. Stand by P3D is a hog to load :)

Interesting. Did not happen at default P3D startup and airport:

Went all the way into the sim after picking Swiss A330 at the scenario screen.

Saved Scenario from within Sim

Exited and went back in, then selected scenario from menu and went into sim

Trying again by creating scenario in scenario screen and saving.  Then exiting P3d completely and then loading the scenario to confirm.

Loading a scenario simply saved with the A330 as a vehicle from the default scenario worked too.

Think it is maybe FlyTampa OMDB.  Any shared texture files there maybe?

My next step is a reinstall of FlyTampa just to see...

Rick

1 hour ago, SR-22 Driver said:

Stand by P3D is a hog to load

It shouldnt be, not with your system. Would you kindky post screen shots of your P3D Display. World and Lighting settings?

Time to call this Gremlins.

Just did a two new saved scenarios in the exact same spot, at the exact same time, from both within the sim and within the scenario screen at OMDB. Both worked... If I call up my original scenario file with the issue, it still does not work.

Must have been some issue with that particular scenario file?  I guess...  I do save and replace on top of old Delme files; that is what I do for temp scenarios I want to save - just keep resaving on top of them. But I tested this as well by saving on top of the bad one and it is still working.

If it happens to someone else in the future, at least this thread is here and may help.

Thanks for looking into this. I think it can be closed - I tried 10 variations to replicate and was unable to.

Rick

11 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It shouldnt be, not with your system. Would you kindky post screen shots of your P3D Display. World and Lighting settings?

Would appreciate some of your thoughts - should I start a different thread or PM you?  Since it is probably unrelated to this particular issue?  FWIW I am a 2 minute 20 second load time to the scenario screen... (after removing UTLive from startup process)

Since you asked :) To be clear - the load time is long from P3d startup to the scenario editor screen (2:40  sec+), but quick to load from the editor until i am fully in the sim (40 seconds-ish).

I would like you to consider changing your settings just a bit, taking into account the point of diminishing returns one gets when elevated settings.  When you increase some P3D settings, you can vastly increase the amount of processing and memory being used.  On top of this, flying airliners places us at much higher altitudes than GA aircraft so some of these settings really have little visual effect but still increase the processing and RAM being used.

Along with the other recommendations, try these settings:

18 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

On top of this, flying airliners places us at much higher altitudes than GA aircraft so some of these settings really have little visual effect but still increase the processing and RAM being used.

Thanks Dave. I'll take a look,

I fly a combo of low and slow highly-detailed scenery with GA as well as liners.  The current config was a holdover form simply getting GSX airport editor to work with EZDOK to edit airport positions.  I got lazy and let it be my default.  This is a great reminder to clean up my saved configs and use different ones for each type of flight I do.  

Used to have to be religious about it with 32bit FSX and P3D - got lazy with P3D V4!

Enjoy the holiday season!

Rick

Archived