EFB - Navigraph compatibility/Simbrief usage

Bernd Schwarz

Hi,

would like to know if the EFB will be usable for Navigraph users in the near future. In addition it would be - in my opinion - interesting to have a

SIMBRIEF login. I suppose the majority of users are very keen of using SIMBRIEF instead of SKYVECTOR.

I appreciate every comment on these subjects.

With kind regards

Bernd Schwarz

Merry Christmas to everybody!

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Bernd Schwarz said:

In addition it would be - in my opinion - interesting to have a

SIMBRIEF login.

You can try this on your own, as you can add individual links to the "Link" tab of the EFB. But be aware, that the browser engine is extremly basic (to say at least) and is not able tohandle webpages properly, which use modern techniques.

And IMHO using a flightplaner in flight doesnt make much sense here. Planning is done before you take off, and it makes more sense to add an OFP to the documents part of the EFB.

How all this can be done id described in the documentation.

vor 23 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

You can try this on your own, as you can add individual links to the "Link" tab of the EFB. But be aware, that the browser engine is extremly basic (to say at least) and is not able tohandle webpages properly, which use modern techniques.

And IMHO using a flightplaner in flight doesnt make much sense here. Planning is done before you take off, and it makes more sense to add an OFP to the documents part of the EFB.

How all this can be done id described in the documentation.

Hi,

I just tried to use the "Link-Tab" of the EFB. It simply  DOES NOT work! Well, I can follow your explanation in case of flight planner usage. But - please tell me why you offer SKYVECTOR instead of SIMBRIEF. Thank you in advance for any comments on that.

Cheers

• Aerosoft

Well, simBrief will NEVER work as it is unable to run in an Iframe, while Skyvector does. 

Please login to display this image.

The reason why NONE of the links work on some systems is not clear to us. We had one test system that had this issue and after we re-installed Windows, the sim and the A330 it all worked as planned it. Clearly  some aberration in the sim or the OS causes this but we have not yet identified exactly what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunatelly nothing in 1.0.0.7.

Just an idea. Maybe Aerosoft could consider a temporary account for NavDataPro while we wait for this, I mean if it is just a few weeks ;).

Here the answer from Navigraph.  (Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am)

"Hi,

The Aerosoft A330 EFB support is being implemented by Aerosoft, and as far as I know this is work in progress. You could perhaps post in the Aerosoft forums and ask for additional info."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6.2.2020 at 15:12, Mathijs Kok sagte:

We are still trying to get a more reliable way of using the charts and still have a few issues with the API. Navigraph is assisting us though.

Hi Mathijs,

any news on EFB compatibility with Navigraph? I suppose (hope!) there is still a working process on that subject!?

cheers

Bernd Schwarz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Bernd,

Sorry for the late reply. Navigraph support has been now released with A330 1.0.0.8 update and A320 series 1.3.0.3 update.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived