Is Cheyenne causing fatal errors when changing views?

timbar

I have had this problem in the past but since d/l the latest graphic drivers it was mostly cured. Since flying the cheyenne it seems to be back. When changing views or switching back from full screen fsx sometimes crashes. :?: :evil:

Exactly my set up, its when I go back to windowed (one monitor) from full screen TH2GO. Will soon be upgrading to Quad and 8 series card so see if it stops then. Funny how the problem has returned with this A/C though.

Mine happens when I'm changing views. Don't normally switch back to Window mode.

I am trying an experiment. Start FSX with Cessna in Windowed mode. I noticed in the documentation that "We strongly suggest loading the Cheyenne from the default „Trike over Friday Harbour” situation every time!" Page 16 in manual.pdf. But, I never could find that session

Bill

My problem seems to have gotten worse with this aircraft. Did you have the problem with other add-on aircraft before the Cheyenne? I did but not as often. I have the Piper Twin and sometimes had the problem when changing views.

I wonder if this is a Nividia driver problem. Which version of the driver do you have? I see there is a 169.21 but don't know if I should upgrade. Not in a position for a new computer and video card. Are you using the Matrox Digital? And did you set it up to use the center monitor as the primary display as opposed to the left one? Just trying to see what could be causing our problem.

Regards.

Bill

Thats the driver I have been using, I have just re-loaded it to be sure. It happened more with the previous driver - I got freezes whenever I used a key press. The other thing I would add is that this has all been after fsx sp2, but cant be sure of anything on that. So yes use the latest driver, for me it did improve.

I tried to reproduce this but no luck yet, so I need some more information from you.

- What kind of crashes do you get? Blue screen or just CTD? Do you get any error messages?

- I there any way to reproduce a crash most times/everytime? If there is, please give me a detailed description of how to do it.

Thanks a lot.

Originally the problem started following installation of fsx sp2. I was getting a freeze after a key strike and fatal error messages when opening the top menu in fsx(by pressing ALT). Therefore the only way I could change any setting during a flight was to go back to window mode (from TH2go).

Installing the latest drivers (released Dec 11) cured the key strike problem and views scrolled ok, but I had to use ALT+ENT to come out of full screen mode to make any menu changes (still no good on the top menu in full screen)

Now with the Cheyenne, the problem has come back, go to window mode and I get an error message: fsx has enc a prob and needs to close. There are no blue screens.

I have also had some freezes when changing views in the Cheyenne by using the S & A keys.

7600gt

I have the latest Nvidia drivers.

XP

TH2go

TrackIR

Got it again, only using one monitor (not spread across 3 on TH2go) when pressing ALT+ENT to window I got a freeze although mouse cursor still active.

• 1 month later...

I have "solved" this but only because I have a new build (Q6600, 8800gt) and a clean install of FSX. So maybe it was a driver issue or a conflict with other app's :?: The Cheyenne runs a dream now with v.g. framerates as well with the update.