Web Server, MCDU & iPad - I cannot get it to work. A330

Marty47

I have read as many topics as I can find in regards to getting the webserver to work on an ipad.

The webserver & MCDU work on the local machine but I cannot get it to work on the ipad.

I have a wired connection from the flight sim PC to the router (Fritzbox7490) and obviously wifi from this same router to the ipad.

I found a post saying that this type of connection is most probably the issue. But there was no suggestion as to how one might solve.

So is there anyone out there shed some light on how I could get this to work? 

Or is this never going to work because of this type of connection?

To add:

"A3XX Connect Pro Application" is enabled in the PC firewall

Interestingly I did try disabling the ethernet adapter on the PC and connecting to the router with a wifi dongle. So both devices are n the same wifi . But this also did not work 

Is there no solution?

I don't know if this is relevant but the address that A3xx Connect Pro gives is slightly different to the ip addresses that I have on my home network.

ie the first 2 numbers are the same as my internal network, however the last 2 do not match anything on my network. (hope that make sense - I'm not sure whether it's safe share publicly my internal ip address)

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is safe to share an internal IP address because no one beside you will be able to reach it. 

Please show us your internal IP address as also the address connect pro tells you to connect to. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I assume you have two different network adapters in your PC and the connect pro binds itself to the wrong one. 

That would explain why it works with a local browser on 127.0.0.1 not from any other machine. 

You can configure the order in which your network devices are used by Windows applications:

- open the "Network and Sharing Center"

Please login to display this image.

- there go to "Change adapter settings"

- get in to the "Advanced" menu and open the "Advanced Settings..."

- in this list make sure to have your main network adapter on the top position:

Ok that makes sense. However I don't have the same options as you under advanced.

I'm on W10 home. maybe you have a pro version

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please open a command window (cmd.exe) and run:

• ipconfig /all > d:\ipconfig.txt

The output will be written in that text file. You might want to change the location of the file.

I don't want to suggest to attach it publicly to this topic, so just send it via PM to me.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Marty,

the address "192.168.56.1" belongs to your Oracle VirtualBox network interface. If you don't need it, I would suggest to disable it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived