Mega Airport Lisbon

Paridom

In this Aerosoft Download-Version the ILS rwy 03 is not working properly. When I fly in the vicinity of the airport and tune in the ILS (109.1) and listen to the ident, the morse-code sounding is LPST instead of the correct ILI. When trying to fly the ILS nonetheless it shows up correctly for a short time but then quits again. After reinstalling the addon also AES did not function any more. Who has a solution for this problem?

Paridom

Do you have Aerosoft Lisbon V2?

Which aircraft do you experience this with, and is the NavData up to date?

Are you actually flying a circle around the airport when the signal changes / goes in and goes out?

I have verified the frequency is indeed 109.1 both by checking the AFCAD and in an aircraft which was rock solid (steady).

Please login to display this image.

Looking forward to hearing back from  you.

vor 4 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

Do you have Aerosoft Lisbon V2?

Which aircraft do you experience this with, and is the NavData up to date?

Are you actually flying a circle around the airport when the signal changes / goes in and goes out?

I have verified the frequency is indeed 109.1 both by checking the AFCAD and in an aircraft which was rock solid (steady).

Looking forward to hearing back from  you.

Hi Dave,

I have got version 2.01. I used different acft to test it: PMDG B748, MD-11, Cessna 441 Conquest (from Flight One Software) and BE 350 (from FriendlyPanels). In all planes the same result. In the various acft I don't do the NavData-updates any more, because then the data don't coincide any more with the FSX Data.

Just now I tried it with the C172 from FSX. I took off from rwy 03, turned left and flew parallel outbound on hdg 210. On this downwind the identifier of the ILS came on as LPST. When I turned left to intercept the localizer at 16 DME the correct indication came up with ILI for a couple of miles, but when the DME showed 12.7 it reverted again to LPST and now showed  a DME of 14.6.

Of course this kind of "ILS" is not usable, what do you suggest?

I just had another idea, I uninstalled AS Mega Airport Lisbon and tried it with the FSX original ILS and I had exactly the same outcome! That means that the creators of the Addon did not correct this nonsense but just left it as it is. That disappoints my belief in Aerosoft products!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, as Dave showed you the AFCAD if the addon has the correct settings.

When you have the same results without the addon, it indicates, that for some reason the install of the addon was bad. For some reason your sim kept reading the  default AFCAD.

Please reinstall the addon and try again.

If it still faults, please make screenshots of your scenery library.

another topic:

You mentioned that you don’t update the addon Aircraft navdata to keep it compatible with FSX default.

Keep in mind, every addon has a different AIRAC on release, and is at that moment not 100% compatible with default FSX.

The A330 has for example the latest AIRAC. If you use it in combination with default FSX you might have very often mismatches. FSX is data is very very old.

Even different addon airports have the navdatastate of their individual release date.

You will always find airports where it doesn’t match.

It could happen:

default scenery, addon scenery, addon aircraft navdata and latest AIRAC have all different freq/ident.

9 hours ago, Paridom said:

I just had another idea, I uninstalled AS Mega Airport Lisbon and tried it with the FSX original ILS and I had exactly the same outcome! That means that the creators of the Addon did not correct this nonsense but just left it as it is. That disappoints my belief in Aerosoft products!

and... you did not answer a single question I asked you. It's really difficult to help you if you don't work with us.

This very well may be user created issue and I have an idea why you are having this issue and I am not... you see, I have the sam scenery installed and showed uou that it works but instead of giving us the information needed to help you, you go off on a tirade about our products?  Nice. Plus you are getting support late on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Merry Christmas friend.

Support will now end until you private message me your purchase information for the Lisbon scenery.

Customer provided the following information:

I have got version 2.01. I used different acft to test it: PMDG B748, MD-11, Cessna 441 Conquest (from Flight One Software) and BE 350 (from FriendlyPanels). In all planes the same result. In the various acft I don't do the NavData-updates any more, because then the data don't coincide any more with the FSX Data.

Just now I tried it with the C172 from FSX. I took off from rwy 03, turned left and flew parallel outbound on hdg 210. On this downwind the identifier of the ILS came on as LPST. When I turned left to intercept the localizer at 16 DME the correct indication came up with ILI for a couple of miles, but when the DME showed 12.7 it reverted again to LPST and now showed  a DME of 14.6.

Of course this kind of "ILS" is not usable, what do you suggest?

As soon as I can I will follow masterhawk's proposal and send a screenshot of my scenery library.

I agree with Bob, this is likely to do with where the scenery is being placed in the scenery.cfg file, or it could be that you may have previously had a different AFCAD or scenery for Lisbon installed, or that you are using an AI Aircraft program like My Traffic which automatically adds a new AFCAD for the airport.

Can you please let us know if you are using an AI Aircraft program and if so what it is?  Also, please paste your scenery.cfg file (the file itself, not the contents) here in this thread?

Archived