Crash To Desktop - twice

Flugkapitan

Greetings and Happy Holidays to all!

I hope this is the correct sub-forum, if not, I apologize.

I purchased the A333 shortly after it was released. I had been looking forward to the A330 widebody as I had enjoyed the Aerosoft single aisle series in FSX-SE and then again in P3Dv4 .

I have installed A333 & patched to the latest version in P3Dv4.5. In getting to know the aircraft, I have been practicing with it at KMSP - the closest major airport near my location. Basically just pattern and ILS work. All was fine, regardless of wx or time of day. This was using the addons mentioned below.

This evening I decided I was familiar enough with the aircraft to upon embark on a revenue flight for my Virtual Airline,  Departure LFBT - Arrival LTBA.  I used Navigraph to build the route, imported that route into LittleNavMap, and from there to the Aerosoft General/Flightplans folder. My first attempt at the flight resulted in a CTD shortly after take-off, prior to passing through 10,000'. I had enabled both the Pilot and Co-Pilot checklists. Since I was familiar with how those checklists flowed - due to my experience with the A318/319/320/321 bundle in P3Dv4+, -  I thought it odd that I didn't get the "Climb to Altitude" callout. Then P3Dv4+ then froze and after a minute or two, CTD, there was  not any kind of warning or error message regarding the CTD.

OK, I thought, let's try this again. Loaded the same flight with the same day/time/wx parameters (Rex Textures Direct, Rex SkyForce 3D, ActiveSky for P3Dv4 current WX) & checklists. All was well until about 3/4 of the was through the flight, when for some reason - this happened during the transition to nighttime - my frame rates dropped significantly. From in the cockpit from 40 - 50 FPS to 10 - 14 or less. External views were just as bad.

This continued for several minutes and then all was well again, frames went back to normal.

Anyway, while on vectors to final approach (default P3Dv 4.5 ATC) to LTBA, at appox 30NM out, the sim froze and CTD once again.

Without naming names, I have not had this issue with other major flight sim software developers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Aircraft and cockpit are gorgeous - systems and attention to detail are awesome! Would hate to have to relegate it to gathering dust in my virtual hangar.

Regards,

Scott

Is this of any help?

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          12/24/2019 00:41:52
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Rheinhard
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.13.32097, time stamp: 0x5d8abf93
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process id: 0x34c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ba09fe356e0e
Faulting application path: F:\Prepar3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c11d185f-a814-4504-b5b4-d8888f4756a5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-12-24T06:41:52.083182900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>21665</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Rheinhard</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.5.13.32097</Data>
    <Data>5d8abf93</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.418</Data>
    <Data>99ca0526</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000f9269</Data>
    <Data>34c</Data>
    <Data>01d5ba09fe356e0e</Data>
    <Data>F:\Prepar3Dv4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>c11d185f-a814-4504-b5b4-d8888f4756a5</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

• Aerosoft

Yes it does give some information and confirms the issue is with a Windows file. It's not an easy one to fix though. 

There are a LOT of web pages on these issues but the I like this one a lot: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-ntdll-dll-errors-2624474

Hi Mathijs and Merry Christmas to you!

Thank you for the link. I looked it over and yes, it appears it is not an easy fix. 

Personally, I had a feeling during those flights that it had to do with having enabled the Pilot/Co-pilot preforming the checklist.  During the first flight I never got the "Climb to Cruise" blinking instruction on MCDU 3 and the sim crashed shortly after that. It seemed there was some wonkiness during the 2nd flight also regarding the Pilot/Co-pilot performing the checklists.

Anyway, last night I decided to give it a try again. I flew the same exact flight, but this time, did not enable the Pilot/Co-pilot checklists. The flight was perfect without any issues.

Regards,

Scott

Archived