2 Requests Please

Hello:

-Please add pause at TOD.

-Please, please add a speed hold cheat.  Not looking for an autothrottle but some sorta key press that will allow us to hold the speed at time of select.

I love the realism but sometimes this sim pilot (real life Dad) needs cheats.

Thanks for hearing me out.

On 12/23/2019 at 3:00 AM, Dreamflight767 said:

Hello:

-Please add pause at TOD.

-Please, please add a speed hold cheat.  Not looking for an autothrottle but some sorta key press that will allow us to hold the speed at time of select.

I love the realism but sometimes this sim pilot (real life Dad) needs cheats.

Thanks for hearing me out.

I assume you mean holding a selected speed in cruise? (The aircraft already has a speed hold function in climb).

I know you are “not looking for an auto throttle”, but I don’t see any way to implement speed hold in cruise without emulating an auto throttle. The aircraft speed will be affected by weather in the sim environment (wind speed and temperature changes), as well as by the aircraft’s total weight reducing as fuel is burned. The only way to counter that would be by changing thrust - i.e. auto throttle.

Auto throttles actually are a real world option on the CRJ-200. They are made by a company called Safe Flight, and installed under STC. The two CRJ-200’s that I maintain have them. But I don’t think that option is available for the CRJ 700, 900 or 1000 because those models use FADEC for engine control with fixed gates for TOGA and climb thrust.

On 12/24/2019 at 3:53 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I'll look into it. Pause at TOD is certainly no problem. I can't make any promises on the speed cheat.

Thank you so much.  You have no idea how much these cheats would help when non-sim life mingles with flights.

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

I assume you mean holding a selected speed in cruise? (The aircraft already has a speed hold function in climb).

I know you are “not looking for an auto throttle”, but I don’t see any way to implement speed hold in cruise without emulating an auto throttle. The aircraft speed will be affected by weather in the sim environment (wind speed and temperature changes), as well as by the aircraft’s total weight reducing as fuel is burned. The only way to counter that would be by changing thrust - i.e. auto throttle.

Auto throttles actually are a real world option on the CRJ-200. They are made by a company called Safe Flight, and installed under STC. The two CRJ-200’s that I maintain have them. But I don’t think that option is available for the CRJ 700, 900 or 1000 because those models use FADEC for engine control with fixed gates for TOGA and climb thrust.

Thanks for your feed back.  Actually there is way to implement.  I just can't get this airplane to do it. 

I have the Flysimware Falcon 50 - also no autothrottle.  If you make a small change in the aircraft.cfg, I've configured the P3D default autopilot speed hold to a button on my joystick.  When I press the assigned button on my joystick, the airplane will maintain the speed in cruise at that exact speed.

Also, in their first version of the E-jets, Feelthere also had a key command for the E-jets that also allowed for a speed hold cheat.

Cheers!

why not simply push the P button if real life mingles??????? If my kids need anything, then it surely happens during the entire flight and not at the TOD. 

Happy landings...????

I know CRJ does not have an auto throttle.

I know one has to manage cruise speed yourself.

But..... I also know a CRJ does not have a pause at TOD, even more a CRJ does not have  a P button.

So if you need to leave your cockpit for a short time, or you need to figure out your approach because the wind changed here is a solution.

Download and install the freeware FSXPILOT software.

In cruise at autopilot start FSXPILOT enter your speed in FSXPILOT and press AP in FSXPILOT.

That's all.

The CRJ autopilot manages navigation while the FSXPILOT takes care of constant cruise speed.

Do whatever you need to do and when you return in the cockpit disable AP in FSXPILOT and continue your normal procedures.

FSXPILOT can be downloaded here

http://www.fsxpilot.de/

And yes I know .........

Good luck

Jacob

Archived