Checklist problems after 1.004

Hello

I am running latest version of P3d with Hot Fix 2 and latest version of A-330. I have been having multiple issues with checklist where the checklist stalls when you have to taxi greater than 10 knots. Also it stalls at random checklist items and you cannot turn it off. It says Delay and nothing else happens. I think the latest update broke it.You also cannot skip the item. You press the button and nothing happens. 

Thank you

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry but based on such general / basic information I am not able to help you. Am I right you have installed the latest experimental update 1.0.0.4 and are talking about this version?

vor 7 Stunden , Love_Aviation sagte:

the checklist stalls when you have to taxi greater than 10 knots.

Does that mean the AFTER ENGINE START CL has been finished and you get the message on the INFOBAR to start taxiing? Then when you start to taxi and the speed excceds 10 knots the TAXI CL is not automatically starting? Is the plane moving? Did you also try then to start the TAXI CL from the MCDU3 menu?

vor 7 Stunden , Love_Aviation sagte:

Also it stalls at random checklist items and you cannot turn it off. It says Delay and nothing else happens

About which CL you are talking? What do you mean by "says Delay"? Please have a look into the following thread which explains the sequence of the checklists after pushback in detail. I believe your problem is just understanding how the CL works.......

If you still have problems please come back but with much more detailed information on describe your problem in detail.

Love_Aviation is correct.  I went through the CL's everything was going fine with info bar enabled.  After the After-start CL was complete I got the message to taxi with speed > 10kts.  Once above 10kts nothing happened. So I clicked on the Taxi CL from MCDU3 (which was orange), and I go the same info bar,  Nothing nothing happens.  I am also using the latest version as I updated via the Aerosoft updater. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , jjwright1 sagte:

Love_Aviation is correct.  I went through the CL's everything was going fine with info bar enabled.  After the After-start CL was complete I got the message to taxi with speed > 10kts.  Once above 10kts nothing happened. So I clicked on the Taxi CL from MCDU3 (which was orange), and I go the same info bar, 

I just tried it myself and had no problems at all e.g. TAXI CL started after the plane exceeded 10 knots. Just one question: Does this happen during day or during dawn / night? Because this is the only thing where we changed something. During dawn/night the lights are already automatically set on so that you can see something until the CL comes to that item. Please check and report back!

vor 12 Minuten, Love_Aviation sagte:

I also seem to have worse fps with the new version it seems like

Please explain this a little bit more in detail because I am also not able to reproduce it.......

23 minutes ago, Hanse said:

I just tried it myself and had no problems at all e.g. TAXI CL started after the plane exceeded 10 knots. Just one question: Does this happen during day or during dawn / night? Because this is the only thing where we changed something. During dawn/night the lights are already automatically set on so that you can see something until the CL comes to that item. Please check and report back!

Please explain this a little bit more in detail because I am also not able to reproduce it.......

It just seems like during descent phase and during turbulence the fps in the cockpit are less fluid especially when panning. It wasn't like that with previous versions

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, Love_Aviation said:

It just seems like during descent phase and during turbulence the fps in the cockpit are less fluid especially when panning. It wasn't like that with previous versions

There have been absolutely no changes that could affect fluidity.

Can confirm this also just happened to me flying out of YPAD. Followed the checklist, got the info to taxi in the task bar and then nothing once exceeded the 10 knots. No way of fixing it either (hence my last post about resetting the checklist SHOULD be an option). Now I'm in the air with the task bar still saying to taxi above 10 knots.

For me if I start the engines during p/b and make sure both are started before engaging parking break it works fine.  If parking break was set before both engines started is where I came into the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 8 Stunden , jjwright1 sagte:

For me if I start the engines during p/b and make sure both are started before engaging parking break it works fine.  If parking break was set before both engines started is where I came into the problem.

This was a known issue and should be solved. Please update!

The checklist certainly appears to be hit and miss. On my latest flight the Cockpit preparation didn't completed, a Skip Item prompt was flashing periodically next to LSK2, I clicked on it a couple of times but noting happened, so I clicked on LSK1 to turn off the checklist - about 4 hours into the flight it is still indicating an OFF DELAY. This is on the latest update installed today.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 5 Stunden , balus sagte:

The checklist certainly appears to be hit and miss. On my latest flight the Cockpit preparation didn't completed,

To have a look into the issue I need some more information:

• Did you use the Copilot or were you making the settings yourself?
  • What was your aircraft state (C&D or TA) you started from?
  • Exactly at which item the CL stopped?

1 hour ago, Hanse said:

To have a look into the issue I need some more information:

• Did you use the Copilot or were you making the settings yourself?
  • What was your aircraft state (C&D or TA) you started from?
  • Exactly at which item the CL stopped?

Hi Hanse,

started cold and dark, I engaged external power, started the APU (previous checklists haven’t allowed time for theAPU to start before disengaging external power) and  set the IRS to NAV before starting the checklist. I was using the co-pilot, but I am not sure where the checklist stopped, but it was before the end of the cockpit preparation - previously I have had to skip over the fuel pump prompt, so it would not surprise me if it was at this point. I will fly again tomorrow and will make more notes, but as I said, the checklist is hit and miss, sometimes it works perfectly (except for the fuel pump) and other times it fails.

Happy to enable logging if this helps

Scott

• Deputy Sheriffs

Scott,

Thanks for the details. So it seems that you are using a different procedure than the one in the CL like starting the APU before the Cockpit Prepartion CL has been finished (in our procedure this is part of the BEFORE ENGINE START CL) and as well setting the IRS to NAV manually ..... What about the batteries? Normally the first thing when starting from C&D is to set the batteries to ON and establish EXT PWR. The problem might be that you are doing things differently than intended. Each airline has its own SOP and so we had to decide to follow just one! On the other hand EXT PWR is used because of environmental reasons as much as possible (instead of APU) and is available on all airports the A330 is flying from.  So please let me know in detail what you are doing step by step and where the CL stops.

Regards,

Rolf

Yes I do batteries, EXT PWR, fuel pumps, start the APU and then IRS - a hangover from an X-plane Airbus :)

I know in the previous versions that there wasn't enough time between starting the APU and disconnecting EXT PWR - the APU was still starting and power was disconnected which meant that the MCDU had to be reprogrammed, which is why I adopted my method -  has this been fixed?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry I do not get your point resp. do not understand your remark that there were differences regarding EXT PWR and APU in the various Aerosoft Airbus models: In all our models the checklist in this respect has not been changed. Starting the APU is part of the BEFORE ENGINE-START CL which comes after the COCKPIT PREP CL has been finished and all doors are closed. The procedure is set APU MASTER and START = ON and only after APU START is AVAIL then the copilot will switch BLEED = ON and EXT PWR = OFF. You should try it yourself and see how it works e.g. switch the batteries to on as well as EXT PWR and then start the CL and enable the copilot. You will see the procedure works as required......

Hello.

Today I tried the 330 for the first time and I experienced the 10 kt in taxi bug during the checklist. It happened two times, same flight tested two times, the second after restarting P3D. Was at dawn and in icing conditions, so GSX told me to delay the engine start after pushback and with parking brake set. But this should not be the issue, because I tried a third flight from Denver in icing conditions and followed the same procedure, but this time the checklist worked fine. Everything worked fine through the GSX phases and I loaded the plane both in real time (first time) and with INSTANT LOAD (second time). The airport was Charlotte by FSDreamTeam. When this happens you are stuck, beacuse If I try to restart the checklists they go back to the same point where it stopped during taxi, waiting for the >10 Knots condition.

Everything is at latest version, A330 v1.0.0.5

17 hours ago, Hanse said:

Sorry I do not get your point resp. do not understand your remark that there were differences regarding EXT PWR and APU in the various Aerosoft Airbus models: In all our models the checklist in this respect has not been changed. Starting the APU is part of the BEFORE ENGINE-START CL which comes after the COCKPIT PREP CL has been finished and all doors are closed. The procedure is set APU MASTER and START = ON and only after APU START is AVAIL then the copilot will switch BLEED = ON and EXT PWR = OFF. You should try it yourself and see how it works e.g. switch the batteries to on as well as EXT PWR and then start the CL and enable the copilot. You will see the procedure works as required......

Unfortunately that has not been my experience. The first time I let the checklist run by itself with no intervention, external power was disconnected directly after the apu start and the aircraft systems reset. It was then that I remembered that this had happened with the A32x/A31x series as well.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry then on your system is something not working as intended. The EXT PWR should be switched off by the copilot only after the APU START button shows AVAIL - which will take some time because it needs time for the APU to start. Please have a look into the ECAM APU page where you can check this...... Update your system to 1.0.05 and then please try again.... If it is not working as described please try a complete new installation.

Hi Rolf,

I have just let the checklist run all by itself and you are correct it does now wait until after the APU becomes available before switching on APU Bleed and disconnecting external power, this is different to what I experienced with version 1.0.0.0, which is why I was intervening.

Thanks for your patience.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived