Taxi Checklist too late?

Been flying this bird all week and can say I am impressed since the updates.

Questions re the taxi checklist. It appears to me that the checklist should be done prior to taxi?

It appears the taxi checklist is a little delayed and you have taxied a fair way before the taxi checklist activates. Am I wrong to assume that the taxi checklist should be done prior to the flash bar stating to release parking brakes and commence taxi so all checklists are complete and ready to taxi?

Also probably be done to death but I'll add it in as I've noticed it with the A320 etc that the checklist should have the ability to be restarted or recommence that checklist. I know we may have missed a step and that is why the checklist is stuck etc but if we could have the option to reset that would be appreciated.

• Deputy Sheriffs

After Pushback is completed, engines are stabilized and parking brakes are set we implemented a pause (because of GSX PB users as we do not get any information from GSX when PB is completed). On the INFOBAR then "WAIT" is displayed. After a certain period automatically the AFTER ENGINE START CL starts. When it has been finished you will see a message on the INFOBAR that you should release the parking brakes and start to taxi. The TAXI CL then automatically will start when your taxi speed exceeds 10 knots. The other possibility is to start it using the MCDU3 CHECKLIST menu (without the 10 knots speed limit). Normally the TAXI CL is done during taxi.....

I strongly suggest to enable the INFOBAR in the MCDU OPTIONS CHECKLIST settings because it gives you a lot of information what is happening, what comes next or what you have to....... At least until you are familiar with the checlist / copilot functions....

It is not possible to reset the CL. The only way is to reload one of the predefined ACFT STATE. This means you can set your plane to the TAXI state e. g. before the TAXI CL. Some of the previous settings then are overwritten like weights, fuel etc, but the MCDU values are kept...... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived