Running out of gas A330

danc444

Been trying to conduct a flight from LOWW to KEWR.

First problem I have is that the fuel planner says I need 39,084 kg of fuel, but PFPX says I need 50,175 kg. So obviously when I use the fuel planner to generate a load sheet, upload that amount, I run out of gas.

First thing I did was try and fool the fuel planner by increasing the mileage, so it would approximate the numbers I got in PFPX. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work, because as soon as I was through loading the aircraft and setting up the FMGS it indicate EFOB at destination will be -.5.

I haven't seen any discussion of this issue before, so its probably something I'm doing, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Cole

2 hours ago, danc444 said:

Been trying to conduct a flight from LOWW to KEWR.

First problem I have is that the fuel planner says I need 39,084 kg of fuel, but PFPX says I need 50,175 kg. So obviously when I use the fuel planner to generate a load sheet, upload that amount, I run out of gas.

First thing I did was try and fool the fuel planner by increasing the mileage, so it would approximate the numbers I got in PFPX. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to work, because as soon as I was through loading the aircraft and setting up the FMGS it indicate EFOB at destination will be -.5.

I haven't seen any discussion of this issue before, so its probably something I'm doing, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan Cole

Hello Dan.

Our Fuel Planner does not take into account anything other than a straight line between the two airports and the average winds and a few extra fuel calculations - a far cry from what PFPX or Simbrief does.  What I recommend you do is compute the fuel you'll need in Simbrief or PFPX (using the template I created for both), add the PAX and Cargo, and then set the appropriate CoG, then merely enter the Block Fuel calculated by either PFPX or Simbrief into the bottom right of the Fuel Planner (Total Fuel) and then select Generate Loadsheet.  Be sure to which the Fuel Planner to the Advanced Mode at the top right of the Fuel Planner Screen. 

Please see the following topic for A330 templates/profiles:

Archived