Request Fuel Planner to be Included in Next Update

gjgriff

Gday,

I installed update 1.0.0.4 a few days ago for the A330 Prof.  After this, I installed update 1.2.5.2 for A320/A321 Prof...  This effectively reinstalled a faulty fuel planner, which was fixed in 1.0.0.4.

I have sought advice on how to fix this.

Initially I was told to reinstall 1.0.0.4, and although my original topic requested information on how to do this, it was not provided, and my topic was closed without a satisfactory solution.

I was also advised that my query was satisfactorily resolved, which it wasn't so I had no other option but to repost the topic.  One of those topics was about the Fuel Planner, and the other was about trying to reinstall the 1.0.0.4 update.

I have finally been advised today that I need to uninstall A330 Prof completely and reinstall the whole product.  There is no option to just reinstall the update 1.0.0.4, or simply reinstall the updated fuel planner component, which is the problem.

Both of my Aerosoft aircraft are working perfectly except for the fuel planner now, after I inadvertently messed it up by updating my A320/A321 Prof after I installed the A330 Prof 1.0.0.4 update.  DON'T MAKE MY SAME MISTAKE, and don't expect any satisfactory support about this issue.

I have also been warned for posting multiple topics however, the topics were closed without a satisfactory solution, and I was never given the opportunity to further query this problem I am having.

So I am happy to use SIMBRIEF for my fuel planning in the mean time, because uninstalling the whole product for such a simple issue is beyond my comprehension as a solution.

I kindly request that the 1.0.0.4 version of the Fuel Planner be included in the next A330 Prof update please?

I read your past posts and our replies my friend, and it does seem that there was some miscommunication.  But I believe that I can help.

First, please download and install Notepad++ (freeware).  The reason for this is that many editable P3D files require special encoding that the version of Notepad installed with Windows does not provide and using Notepad could corrupt those files when saving them.  XML files (the one I'm going to have you edit) is one of those files that requires UTF-8 encoding, which Notepad++ will do for you automatically when you save it. It's also just faster, better and safer for you to use Notepad++ which will work for all P3D editable files, so from here on out just use Notepad++ for all P3D files you may edit.

Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the following folder:  Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products.  In this folder you will find the "as_a330_prof.xml" file.  Open this file with Notepad++.  Inside the file you will find a line which reads "    <Version Installed="1.0.0.4" />   "   Change the "4" to a "3" and save the file.

Now run the ASUpdater, and so long as you have Experimental Updates selected it should tell you there is an update for the A330.  Run the updater and you will now have the latest version of the Fuel Planner.

I hope this is helpful to you, but if not then please Private Message me.

Best wishes.

Archived