A330 Pro - automated checklist issue

• Deputy Sheriffs

Has not been reported before. So please:
1. Which exact version of P3Dv4 are you using? Please post the version number of the prepar3d.exe.

2. Which exact version of teh Airbus are you running? Check the ASUpdater for the Airbus version.

3. Please post a screenshot when this problem ocurs, where we can see the ND.

• Deputy Sheriffs

First a question: Is the plane really moving and the ND shows a speed of 10+ knots? But you can also manually start the TAXI CL from the MCDU3 menu at any time.....

Hi,

Although I was not an original poster to this I can add my experience from the last two days.

Prior to yesterday I had no issues with the co-pilot nor the checklist. 

1. I was departing Thule Greenland and I believe that I was following the steps correctly. I was asked to taxi to 10+. I did so but nothing happened at 10+ or above. There were some issues with pushback with the plane deciding to taxi as I was not asked to put on the parking brake. I stopped and started again but no joy.

2. I restarted P3D and the flight from the turn-around state.

I then completed the push-back (no GSX active) and was eventually given the go-ahead to taxi. Once again nothing happened after 10+ knots. II managed to fumble my way  through the 2600+ nm flight without crashing the thing.

3. Today I started a new flight in NZAA to NZCH with GSX active. All of the checklist items worked and there were no surprises. Well, there were some new items displayed that I do not see with the A320 but things seemed to work.

The fact that I was given the go to taxi (checklist) suggested that the triggers were all lined up but something was not working in Greenland (it was 9:00AM  and well below 0 Celcius but still dark)

I had a situation today where I took off from an airprot with no GSX support (KSKA).  The checklist worked fine up to the GSX point.  The info bar showed "Follow GSX Instructions), however, since I had no GSX support, I started the engines manually.  Once the engines stabilzed, the checklist stopped.  It refused to go any further.  There was nothing more I could do related to the automated checklist.

Hello natcret,

If GSX isn’t activated, the checklist gives you two possibilities ; START PUSH and START. 

Use START and follow the instructions. 
After the complete start you’ll be able to continue the procedure.

Hope this help.

Regards

Marc

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 14 Stunden , natcret sagte:

The info bar showed "Follow GSX Instructions), however, since I had no GSX support .....

That means something of your settings is wrong. If the INFOBAR shows that you should follow GSX...... you must have GSX enabled in the MCDU3 Ground Service Menu. If you do not have GSX installed you also should disable this function. If GSX is installed I do not know why it is not working e. g. giving you the commands what to do.

vor 14 Stunden , natcret sagte:

Once the engines stabilzed, the checklist stopped.

After pushback and engine start / engines stabilized you have to set the parking brakes ..... that is necessary for the CL to commence......

Thanks for the feedback.  I appreciate it.  

I am very famliar with the processes of using GSX with the Airbus series as I also own the Airbus Professional series (318-321) for both FSX and P3D4.  I typically use GSX and have it set in the MCDU3 options.  As far as the issue, let me see if I can explain better...

As I stated initially in my post, the key point I was trying to explain is that I was at an Airport that GSX did not recognize for services as it had no ramp spots.  Because of no spots, I continued with the checklist as normal.  I did not turn off the GSX option in the MCDU as I assumed that I could just use checklist as normal.  

IEverything continues as normal.and then it got to the point in the checklist where the infobar showed "follow GSX instructions.  I did a manual engine start.  The engines stabilized and the infobar cleared.  Then the checklist would not continue...and yes , my parking breaks were set.  The checklist stopped completely.

Hopefully this explains it better.   I will duplicate again today.

• Deputy Sheriffs

In such a case (airport is not supported by GSX) you should disable the GSX PB function in the MCDU3 GroundService menu and use the MCDU3 CL internal one.......

Understood Hanse.  So is it safe to say that the lesson learned is that for airports with no GSX identity or familiarity, turn off the GSX function.  If not then it leads to the glitch where the checklist stops after a manual engine start.

• Aerosoft

That could very be the case.

The whole checklists system is what is called in IT a 'fragile' system. It needs all parameters correct to function.  There is no way around that as adding more non-standard things would explode the code to something that is many times larger and many times harder to maintain. Perhaps possible in a +$100 product but most certainly not where we are going with this product. 

At this moment the average sales price for this product,  so averaging over discounts etc, is 56 euro. (plus VAT where applicable). 

Hi sorry for late reply as I was tied up yesterday.

As much as I have tried to replicate the issue with the taxiing checklist today using the same flight it appears to be working and I have no idea why as I have used exactly the same flight down to the parking position at the departure airport.  Never had the issue with the 319, 320 or 321.

So for now all good.  For info I am on P3D V4.5.12.30293 and bus V1.0.0.4.

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived