Taxiing the A333

Caribbean_Redz

Hey team..

As always, I start off affirming you of the work you continue to do to make this plane even greater.

Just one concern that was raised. Considering that the baby buses require input (where N1 is at 0) for taxi; is it possible for the same to occur with the A333? even if the N1 is greater than 0, can it be less than the 23% that's currently there?

I have seen videos of A333 and you hear the engine spool before the aircraft moves. Moreover, if she is heavy for a long trip, I feel that the inertia will require some "thrust/push" to get the bird going.

I am no expert so please, I can take correction 🙂 

thanks in advance.

Regards,

1. I don't believe the ground fricktion setting for the A330 is correct, but that said...

Find a copy of the A330 FCOM and do a little reading.  It will confirm that with the aircraft (especially with Trent engines) will usually taxi just fine at idle power even when somewhat heavy. 

29 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

1. I don't believe the ground fricktion setting for the A330 is correct, but that said...

Find a copy of the A330 FCOM and do a little reading.  It will confirm that with the aircraft (especially with Trent engines) will usually taxi just fine at idle power even when somewhat heavy. 

Ah ok. Thanks Dave

25 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

Idle power is enough to move the plane with 170-180t. The Trent is really powerful.

Thank you guys very much for that response.

I have seen since the updates that the taxiing speed doesn't really go pass 13/14kts.

Regards,

Archived