A330 missing External lights

I have installed the A330 but it appears to be missing textures for such things as the Nav lights. Its just blank as if they are off. I never had the issue before on any other Aerosoft products but it seems after I have installed the A330, this issue has now spread to the a320 series as well. When it comes to the landings lights and becaon lights they will reflect of the body but that indidivual portion of the aircraft, such as the small hole where it should be lit up to show the landings light will not be on the a330. I am really confused as to what Maybe happening here, the oly thing that is coming to my head is Microsoft visual C ++ as on the installion phase it is saying that it is already there and the set up has failed. Even after I have totally got rid of it, gone to the a330 installer where it has re loaded and later on the same mssage appears about having a duplicate.

In your Flightsim Prepar D folder where you have the 3 files ( Client, Content and Scenery ) delete the existing Content file. Then re-download Content  from the Prepar D website and let it reinstall. 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, montreal said:

In your Flightsim Prepar D folder where you have the 3 files ( Client, Content and Scenery ) delete the existing Content file. Then re-download Content  from the Prepar D website and let it reinstall. 

Good luck!

This is not accurate advice my friend.

There is no "content" file in the Prepar3D folder, but there is a Content folder and one doesn't want to manually remove that either.

What is needed is to uninstall the P3D Content program from the Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features, and then reinstall the Content. This will replace the existing aircraft light effects with default files, which will correct the issue that was created by another addon replacing default P3D files (a huge no-no, but some developers did that).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes.

Archived