Mega Airport EDDF V2.0 P3D 4.5 low FPS

the greek

Hi everybody,

I have an issue only with the V2.0 of EDDF. 

I'm getting only about 8-14 FPS on this airport, which is very annoying. It's happening only on EDDF, I'm getting on all other Add-On sceneries about 25-30.

Dont know what I#m doing wrong. I've tried several settings, such as lowering the AA or deactivating the dynamic lights/reflections but it gives me jus about 2-5 fps increase. 

Is there any tip you can give me to solve it. I saw many videos, where other users are getting 20 fps or even 30fps. 

My specs are:

I7 8700K @ 4.8GHz 

RTX 2060

16GB RAM 

Thank you all for your time!

vor 2 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

There are no secret settings but AI traffic can hit very hard on this airport.

Thank you for the respons. I have deactivated the AI Traffic, cause I'm flying only online.

Will make now some screenshots and I will post them in about 20 min

Thank you!!

Here are now some screenshots...

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Well too be honest many of these settings are way above what your 2060 can show. In a less dense environment it might work but EDDF is in one of the most complex sections of P3d's world.  You are asking rhe sim to render each scene 16 times....

But why its happening only at EDDF? The rest of my flown destinations have a plausible frame rate. Do you suggest to lowering my setting and especially the texture filtering?

Strange is also, that the frame rates are jumping. for 3-4 sec they are at 8-12fps and for 2-3 sec they are at 20-25fps

On 12/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, the greek said:

But why its happening only at EDDF? The rest of my flown destinations have a plausible frame rate. Do you suggest to lowering my setting and especially the texture filtering?

Strange is also, that the frame rates are jumping. for 3-4 sec they are at 8-12fps and for 2-3 sec they are at 20-25fps

One of the reasons you've having issues should be jumping right out at you, it's because someone (who obviously hates you enjoying flight simulation) went and enabled pretty much every darned thing in P3D they could on your system and then maxed out the settings.  That's why you're having issues my friend.  Find that person who did this and beat them severely, and then prevent them from ever touching your flight sim computer ever again.  Double the punishment if it was you who did it... LOL! 

Okay, a few lessons you really need to take to heart, otherwise you're not going to be a happy flight simmer.

1. If you're going to run high-end, complex airliners, then you simply must come to terms with the FACT (see "indisputable fact") that they are going to place one heck of a load on your system because they will place several times the processor load on your system as a general aviation aircraft.  As such, you are going to have to find (create) some additional processor bandwidth so your system can handle the processing requirements.  The only way is to reduce your P3D settings.

2. Airliners fly at high altitudes compared to GA aircraft, so all the scenery enhancements you only think you are getting (see Item 3 below) are useless for flying airliners at their regular cruise altitudes.  Again I say, reduce your P3D settings.

3. Increasing P3D settings not only hammers your system when running complex airliners, but the benefits come with a diminishing return and you are simply not getting what you probably hope to achieve by maxing out all your settings.  By the way, nobody at Lockheed Martin does this, and they have never, ever recommended doing so.

4. As we've learned, complex airliners are going to create a significant demand on your processor all by themselves, but add a large complex airport like Frankfurt and Heathrow with the many different buildings and items that have to be processed and it's a recipe to bring your system to it's knees.  Don't believe me?  Watch  your processor and motherboard temps climb and your peformance degrade to single digits with the settings you're trying to run with.

You are either going to HAVE to do one or two things, find a happy medium settings wise for the different type of flying you do, or change your settings for the different types of flying you do.  I recommend the former and then leave your settings alone - forever.

Here is what I recommend  you do:

1.  Delete you Prepar3d.cfg file. This file is located at: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

2. Delete  your P3D Shaders folder. The folder is located in your C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4AppData\

3. Start P3D, go to the Options-Display setting page, and select "Reset Defaults".

4. Use the following screen shots as a GUIDE, but DO NOT exceed these settings:

In the Aerosoft Airbus, be sure to set Wideview Aspect Ration and HDR to on.

For those running third party weather textures, the same advice provided above for P3D is also true for for weather texture settings... there is a point of diminishing returns and you simply DO NOT have to (and should never) max those out.

I'm confident this will help you my friend, but it would also help to have a GTX2070 or GTX2080. 

Best wishes.

vor 16 Stunden , DaveCT2003 sagte:

One of the reasons you've having issues should be jumping right out at you, it's because someone (who obviously hates you enjoying flight simulation) went and enabled pretty much every darned thing in P3D they could on your system and then maxed out the settings.  That's why you're having issues my friend.  Find that person who did this and beat them severely, and then prevent them from ever touching your flight sim computer ever again.  Double the punishment if it was you who did it... LOL! 

Okay, a few lessons you really need to take to heart, otherwise you're not going to be a happy flight simmer.

------

In the Aerosoft Airbus, be sure to set Wideview Aspect Ration and HDR to on.

I'm confident this will help you my friend, but it would also help to have a GTX2070 or GTX2080. 

Best wishes.

Great...it works!! Now Im getting an overall frame rate of 25fps!!! And with my first test flight (VFR traffic pattern), I've not noticed any degradiation of the textures, still sharp with good quality!! 

Thats a good base setting, which can be adjusted in sense of fine tuning if necessary!!!

Now I can finally enjoy flying inbound Frankfurt!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

Archived