A330 Flight Controls (Spoilers and Ailerons)

C Schaffhausen

49 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have one other report like this and that user re-installed the P3d client and the issue was solved with that. I suggest you do the same. If you have modern add-ons that's a 20 minutes job.

Reinstalled client, spoiler is in sync when on the ground, but in the air it seems to vary. The out-of sync behavior seems to be most obvious when AP is on.

As for the aileron, can you confirm if the outboard aileron would lock, and if yes, under what circumstances and criteria?

Hi, I had the same issue with asymmetric spoilers but after i took my last flight under version 1.0.0.4 it seems like everything is working normal now so no asymmetric spoilers anymore (at least on my end)

5 hours ago, blau340 said:

Hi, I had the same issue with asymmetric spoilers but after i took my last flight under version 1.0.0.4 it seems like everything is working normal now so no asymmetric spoilers anymore (at least on my end)

For me spoilers are normal before takeoff, after takeoff it becomes asymmetric when I use it. Reinstalling P3D client didn't do the trick.

10 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Again I like to be sure you are using the right version. look under Help.

There is no condition that would 'lock' the outboard ailerons.

I have just checked the A330 sim again and looks like the outboard aileron does lock after passing a certain altitude so only the inboard aileron is used for turns. I found the same thing on the real A330 as well.

https://youtu.be/-vhLxEkArtE?t=913

Is that what he means? When I activate the speed brakes, the left side goes up less. Even after landing, not all flaps extend as far as they should.

Version P3D: 4.5.13.32097

Version A330: 1.0.0.4

Regards Joël

Please login to display this image.

7 hours ago, Josu said:

Is that what he means? When I activate the speed brakes, the left side goes up less. Even after landing, not all flaps extend as far as they should.

Version P3D: 4.5.13.32097

Version A330: 1.0.0.4

Regards Joël

Exactly, you can see that asymmetry from the F/CTRL page as well when you extend or retract the spoilers 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:53 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Okay, we currently have no idea what causes this and are unable to recreate it.  We'll have to investigate when the devs are back from their break.

Thank you sir. The spoilers might work normal before takeoff, try it when airborne with AP on, and also after landing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

We'll investigate the spoilers issue.

About the outboard ailerons, they are disabled (locked) after passing certain speed (cannot remember now this speed from the top of my head but I recall something around 220-230)

Archived