Won't respond to manual control

Detail50

Hi Dave,   thanks for the feedback,  but in my case it won't respond to any manual inputs to regain control, it just keeps flying along at the current state.   What were you able to do specifically to regain control?

TY

19 minutes ago, Detail50 said:

Hi Dave,   thanks for the feedback,  but in my case it won't respond to any manual inputs to regain control, it just keeps flying along at the current state.   What were you able to do specifically to regain control?

TY

It's helpful to think of the computer simulation as an actual aircraft.  When the aircraft doesn't behave as it should on any of it's systems it's time for the pilot to intervene, take control of the aircraft and stabilize it, then return to your cruise altitude. You can try to use selected mode and assigning a vertical speed, but if that doesn't work you need to fall back on flying the aircraft yourself by disconnecting the Autopilot. I would leave the Auto Thrust engaged so long as it's working, but since  you'll be disconnecting vertical guidance the speed will slip back into selected mode and  you'll have to assign an airspeed yourself.  Having a firm understanding of the Airbus and it's normal modes of operation is key here, and our documentation does a pretty good job of explaining that.

While there is certainly a bug induced in one of the last updates he bug you described happened to me 3 times on one flight) and we need to get a handle on things on our end, real aircraft malfunction as well and like this situation, the pilot needs to get control and stabilize the aircraft.

Rest assured that we'll get a handle on this bug, but this is also a good lesson why we have pilots and why pilots constantly monitor the aircraft and her systems.

Archived