Flight lost control again

Detail50

Regrettably,  the flight from Atlanta to San Francisco ran away again about 600 miles into the flight. As with several other occasions the plane is cruising on autopilot, and reaches a point several hundred miles into the flight and loses control.  The plane ascends to over 40K feet and loses control of it's speed.   This seems to be a longer flight duration problem as the successful flights have all been shorter hops.   Given it takes 20 > 25 minutes to get a plane in the air this is getting more disappointing.   Flight plan calls for FL380,  it was solid on that for many miles.

The plane is now flying along at 40,000 feet and won't respond to the inputs.

I've attached some screen shots,   I set the speed per Dave's suggestion this time,  but it ended up with the same failure mode.

A few screenshots of the problem.

Please login to display this image.

I had tg his happen last night

. Obviously not supposed to happen znd I've made a note of the bug. Correcting this can be done by reselecting managed mode for altitude ir using selected mode to return back to cruise altitude.

Archived