No decellerate-message in PFD

Der Merowinger

Hello,

when my descend begins (during overflying the white "stick" in the ND) there is no message "decellerate" in the PFD. Even the little yellow or green ball beside the altitude tape goes downwards; the stick in the ND vanishes - but there is no message. Not in the airbus-family A319-321 nor in the latest 330. Is this a known bug or do I have have to make some settings to see the message?

Kai

Hi Emanuel,

yes, I'm quite sure. It's not a Boeing; in an Airbus you have to push the altitude-button for descending after the messeage "decellerate" appears, and the wanted altitude has to be preselected already.

Kai

• Deputy Sheriffs

Indeed there should be DECELERATE at the PFD/FMA and MCDU scratchpad, when you overfly the ToD calculated by the FMS without initiating the DES.

Can anyone confirm?

15 minutes ago, Kai-Uwe said:

Hi Emanuel,

yes, I'm quite sure. It's not a Boeing; in an Airbus you have to push the altitude-button for descending after the messeage "decellerate" appears, and the wanted altitude has to be preselected already.

Kai

Ahh, you should have said that you didn't actually start the descent! In this case you're right of course, you should have gotten the message.

I'll leave the rest ot Bob, he'll help you!

On 19.12.2019 at 15:05, masterhawk sagte:

Indeed there should be DECELERATE at the PFD/FMA and MCDU scratchpad, when you overfly the ToD calculated by the FMS without initiating the DES.

Can anyone confirm?

That is how it has to work. I saw it like that in a simulator from Lufthansa

Archived