New airports

DaleRFU

Is the A330 capable of entering new airfields into the system of the aircraft and will it detect if the airport has any navaids?

for example OOMN in not a default airport but I have an AFD for it, can I enter this into the aircraft?

kind regards

Dale

• Deputy Sheriffs

as it is a military airport, it is not part of any navdatabase (NavdataPro or Navigraph) and therefore can not be used.

And as it isnt even part of the dfault P3D airports, adding it to the navdatabase wouldnt make any sense.

So, because it's a military airport I can't fly in or out of it using the aircraft? And because it's not a default airport (although real world) I can't fly in and out of it using this aircraft?

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, DaleRFU said:

So, because it's a military airport I can't fly in or out of it using the aircraft? And because it's not a default airport (although real world) I can't fly in and out of it using this aircraft?

The Problem is the Navdata. NavDataPro is using LIDO as source. That’s primarily for Commercial airlines and does not include every airport on world.

Navigraph is using Jeppesen. There are the same rules.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, DaleRFU said:

Why not? Because it is not in the nav database does not mean you can't fly there! Just do what a pilot would do and land manually.

As Otto said the issue you have is EXACTLY the same in the real aircraft, they use the same databases.

vor 16 Stunden , DaleRFU sagte:

And that it is not a default airport (meaning not modeled in the simulator) is not the fault of aerosoft, that is a decision that Lockheed martin made (or mabe microsoft already years ago). They focused on civil airports. So you probabely will see it if you use fotoscenery, but not sure if you can really land if it is not modeled in the sim at all. but again, thats a simulator problem, not a Aerosoft one.

Archived