What the heck is going on-shut down again!

Captain Fred97

I reinstalled A318-A321 again. In a beautiful flight from Atlanta, GA KATL to Detroit, Michigan KDTW at 38,000 134 miles from TOD it happened again--third time!--the flight instruments blinked three times and each time I hear a click as if a switch is being thrown and then black out. Attached is the jpeg of the black out. Here is my system stats:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version    10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description     Not Available
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Name    DESKTOP-1RCRAJD
System Manufacturer    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model    MS-7B54
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    Default string
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 1.60, 4/2/2019
SMBIOS Version    2.8
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product    Z370M MORTAR (MS-7B54)
BaseBoard Version    1.0
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Off
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.18362.387"
User Name    DESKTOP-1RCRAJD\Fred
Time Zone    Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory    12.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory    18.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory    13.3 GB
Page File Space    2.38 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection    Off
Virtualization-based security    Not enabled
Device Encryption Support    Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

And now here is the jpeg.

At this stage, I don't know what to do; flights are disrupted; very frustrating. Is there anyone in the assembled multitude that can help? Is there a particular file I can find and send it to some expert to find out what the hell is wrong with this software. Yes, I am running the latest versions of the Airbus bundle.

I am hoping for a Christmas miracle :)

Here all the txt files I could find in the folder, may be someone finds the answer in them.

Please login to display this image.

AB_ND_GDI.log ECAM_Systems.log FMGS.log Immersion.log MCDUFPLData.txt MCDUFPLNDataClb.txt MCDUFPLNDataCrz.txt MiscD2D.log

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Fred, 

First of all thanks for the log files. I assume the issue happened around 8 minutes before you closed your sim. We have seen this once with the A330 where the sim tried to load some default flight file which is when we assume this happens.

15:48:50 : INFO :Flight loaded: 'C:\Users\Fred\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\Home airport.fxml'

When you start your flight, do you first load up the default flight and then load the A320 and spawn to correct airport or do you set up your flight in the Prepar3D menu?

No, I have saved a profile with the A319 at my home airport which loads up as the default aircraft and location. What is puzzling is that it blacks out around a hour into the flight and is preceded by clicking sounds as if all of the power switches are turned off.

• Deputy Sheriffs
Just now, Captain Fred97 said:

No, I have saved a profile with the A319 at my home airport which loads up as the default aircraft and location. What is puzzling is that it blacks out around a hour into the flight and is preceded by clicking sounds as if all of the power switches are turned off.

So to clarify, your simulator automatically loads the default flight with A319 at your home airport? So you don't setup the flight on Prepar3D menu?

I have chosen the A319 aircraft and then select the airport and gate I would like to use, then I save the file and make it my default startup. When I load P3D, it loads the saved file saved as my default aircraft and airport.

I guess Aerosoft is not going to help me in resolving this issue with all the data I have provided. Not very good customer support. If the data and files supplied isn't enough, I don't know what else I can do.

I will think twice before I purchase another Aerosoft aircraft.

• Aerosoft

Well Captain, we are trying to assist as you have seen. If you have decided we will not assist you and you will never buy any of our products again we might as well close this topic.  The fact that we got a few tens of thousands of customers NOT seeing this issue will without doubt not be very valuable to you.

Mathias, I have included the log files and a screen shot to help in this matter. I don't think your attitude is productive in solving this issue. I have given all the data I have in order to solve this unusual issue. If it's an issue with the code, say so and then issue a hot fix; if it's an issue with my computer system, say so and how can I rectify the issue. I am concerned that if I spend more money on Aerosoft products, I will once again have an issue. I realize that the Aerobus Pro aircraft is a rework of your 32 bit aircraft for FSX and not just a port over like some software providers are doing. As far as tens of thousands of customers not seeing this issue, there are a few on this forum who have experienced the same issue so it's not like it's not an unknown issue, yes it's rare but not unheard of. Finally, quite frankly the help given has not been too helpful, I was looking for a clear cut solution to this issue and I will reevaluate my purchase options to include Aerosoft products should an aircraft be developed that I would like to purchase, say the A350. I look forward to working with you or whomever is assigned to this issue. Cheers.

So you get one question from support in order to troubleshoot your issue, and you find that Aerosoft has bad customer service and won't help you finding a solution.

Then it is Aerosoft's attitude that is the problem...

Wow...

Fred,

As avid flight simmers, we do understand what it's like to devote several hours to planning and making a flight, and the frustration one experiencing when it ends prematurely for one reason or the other.

We have been trying to find the cause of the problem that  you've experienced for some time, and although we are making progress it is very, very slow.  We are hindered by the fact that we are unable to reproduce this problem with any regularity. I myself have experienced this issue only once and it was during a period when ActiveSky winds aloft were affecting the engines in ways it should not have been. I even have a video of this, as I decided to record the wilk engine oscillations I was seeing and shortly there after the engines died and the generators along with them (as it would).

One thing you can try is adjusting the turbulence scalar in ActiveSky.  In fact, I can provide  you with a CFG file to try which already has this done as well as a few other changes which should make ActiveSky weather more realistic for flying airliners.  The file is attached to this post.  Give that a try and see if it makes a difference for you (you won't loose your existing settings by Aerosoft CFD Settings V1.1.CFGusing this file, simply place it in the AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_P3Dv4\Options folder and select it in ActiveSky).

If that doesn't help then all we can tell you is that we're desperate ourselves to find the issue causing this, and we have scoured out code and found nothing. The only thing we can do is continue to ask for users to enable logging in the Configurator and then zip and send us their data folder when this occurs (providing another flight wasn't loaded afterwards). 

Well there is one more thing.  I have requested that those who experience this please check their P3D Fuel and Loadout page and record the values there before exiting P3D.

Anyway, as avid flight simmers we feel your pain, and we do take this very seriously. 

Best wishes.

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, Captain Fred97 said:

I was looking for a clear cut solution to this issue and I will reevaluate my purchase options to include Aerosoft products should an aircraft be developed that I would like to purchase, say the A350. I look forward to working with you or whomever is assigned to this issue. Cheers.

And you think we would not give you a clear cut answer if we would know what causes this on some systems?  

Just now, Captain Fred97 said:

Thank you all for your help. Yes, I have thought about running out of fuel but the battery would still power the avionics and flight instruments. Merry Christmas. Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanuka!

Because we don't model abnormal operations, so even though it's not been tested under those conditions I would say likely not.  Regardless, it's data we (I) asked for.

Best wishes for a Happy Holidays!

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Captain Fred97 said:

Thank you all for your help. Yes, I have thought about running out of fuel but the battery would still power the avionics and flight instruments. Merry Christmas. Feliz Navidad, Happy Hanuka!

As dave said that would be  cat5 emergency and we simply do not model that. 

I think I found the solution to my issue: I use the built in fuel planner and even add some fuel (I always generate a load sheet) just finished a flight from KDTW to KATL, and it happened again but this time I was watching---I simply ran out of fuel! However, the batteries didn't keep the flight instruments on along with the avionics, so I feel out of the sky. I am wondering if the built in fuel planner under estimates the amount of fuel needed even if I had hundred miles or so. That's something I am going to watch for my next fight. I am wondering if Simbrief's fuel planning is more accurate and maybe should use that instead. However, I found the solution! Thank you for all your help in resolving this issue. Merry Christmas!

• Deputy Sheriffs

The fuel planner doesn't know your flight plan (i.e. the exact route) but instead only the direct connection. It has also no idea of the weather condition during your flight. 

Flight planners like PFPX or SimBrief give much more precise information in the needed fuel as they know all these effects.

So the fuel planner is nothing more than a good guess, but I wouldn't put too much trust into its results.

Merry Christmas for you, too!

15 minutes ago, Captain Fred97 said:

I think I found the solution to my issue: I use the built in fuel planner and even add some fuel (I always generate a load sheet) just finished a flight from KDTW to KATL, and it happened again but this time I was watching---I simply ran out of fuel! However, the batteries didn't keep the flight instruments on along with the avionics, so I feel out of the sky. I am wondering if the built in fuel planner under estimates the amount of fuel needed even if I had hundred miles or so. That's something I am going to watch for my next fight. I am wondering if Simbrief's fuel planning is more accurate and maybe should use that instead. However, I found the solution! Thank you for all your help in resolving this issue. Merry Christmas!

Fred,

Regarding the distance flown, the AS Fuel Planner only considers a straight line between the two airports.  This is a limitation, but it's also be design.

Here in the forums we have long recommended that pilots use Simbrief or PFPX to dispatch (plan and determine the required fuel) their flights.  Simbrief is a free, easy to use web based platform that really can't be beat.  We have even provided a Simbrief aircraft profile for our A330 which others have been using and report very good accuracy.

The procedure is:

1. Determine the number of PAX.

2. Determine the amount of Cargo.

3. Enter those values (and only those values) into the AS Fuel Planner.

4. Use Simbrief to generate a flight plan, flight plan files, and determine the amount of fuel for your flight. Download the flight plans files for use with ActiveSky and the Airbus Professional.

5. In the AS Fuel Planner, select Advanced Mode and then enter the Block Fuel calculated by Simbrief. Then select Generate Loadsheet.

6. Load into the aircraft, using MCDU#3 select Fuel and Load, and then select INIT Loadsheet.  Then load these values one at a time or select Load Instant (up to you).

Here is a link to the Simbrief profile, which will be imported directly into your Simbrief account so long as you are logged into Simbrief.

Best wishes.

You are most welcome my friend!

I'm going to do a video today to show how to use Simbrief/PFPX and the Fuel Planner together. I'll post a link to it in this thread when I have it done and uploaded.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Captain Fred97 said:

Thank you Dave, I will try your suggestion. Happy New Year to all and again, thank you for all opinions and please excuse my frustration->attitude with this issue it did get a bit annoying. Cheers.

No need for apologies Fred.... Is spend 3 hours today getting an Adobe bit of software to run, I feel your pain.

Dave, I took your suggestion and still run out of fuel! Here is the screen shot of the fuel planner. It should have been sufficient but I don't know what I am doing wrong. Should I just increase the distance? Also the Simbrief flight plan.

Archived