We got a new video from World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator and are asking for some alpha/beta testers! Check this post.

Mathijs Kok

Lukla Mount Everest Extreme (FSX version)

See, we will do FSX add-ons if we believe they make sense! Should be out soon.

LuklaFSX_001.jpg

LuklaFSX_002.jpg

LuklaFSX_003.jpg

LuklaFSX_004.jpg

LuklaFSX_005.jpg

LuklaFSX_006.jpg

LuklaFSX_007.jpg

LuklaFSX_008.jpg

LuklaFSX_009.jpg

LuklaFSX_010.jpg

LuklaFSX_011.jpg

LuklaFSX_012.jpg

LuklaFSX_013.jpg

LuklaFSX_014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

we will do FSX add-ons if we believe they make sense!

They all make sense to your loyal FSX customers !

Yes, but to put things in perspective, the amount of views on this topic is about 10% of what the P3D topic had in the same time (and of course around 30% of that is crawlers) . The amount of responses is about 5% of what the P3D topic had in the same time. That is what the FSX market is currently. 

I discussed this with Sascha and the 32 bit version should really be seen as a gesture. Something that will cost Sacha and Aerosoft money. It could very well be the last 32 bit new release.

• Like 1

vor 33 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Yes, but to put things in perspective, the amount of views on this topic is about 10% of what the P3D topic had in the same time

May I ask you very, very, very friendly:

If you always write that FSX is commercially dead, do you really believe that FSX-users still visit the Aerosoft homepage and the "Previews of Unreleased Products" - forum?

vor 37 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

It could very well be the last 32 bit new release.

so this could be another self-fulfilling prophecy.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

The year 2020 and MSFS / FS2020 will change a lot of things.

P3D might well die (for flight simulation gamers), and FSX could become very interesting for flightsimmers without a good internet connection.

My personal opinion: the prospective success of FSX is not a question of demand, it's a question of supply.

19 hours ago, John Kunde said:

My personal opinion: the prospective success of FSX is not a question of demand, it's a question of supply.

Okay, of course everybody is entitled to it's own opinion. It is unfortunate for you that nearly all add-on publishers have come to the same conclusion as we have. 

FS2020 can cache data of course so you do not have to be online. 

No, it's not unfortunate for me, because the other publishers _I_ know still offer the full program for FSX and this is one of many reasons why I'm still so happy with my FSX.

But if there are no new products for FSX then the customers can't buy new addons and therefor publishers like Aerosoft think that FSX is commercially dead. A typical devil's circle.

For example if Aerosoft would offer a new VFR Germany (in the quality of Austria Pro HD) I would buy immediately the full series again. But if no supply, then no demand.

There are still a lot of FSX simmers as you can read in the last Navigraph survey (2018). Why should we change to P3D, if the existing PC is good enough for FSX but not for P3D?
Why should we change to XP11 or Aerofly FS2 if there are much more sceneries for FSX?
Why should we change to MSFS? It's not released yet.

On 26.12.2019 at 20:15, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I discussed this with Sascha and the 32 bit version should really be seen as a gesture. Something that will cost Sacha and Aerosoft money.

If the scenery was profitable for Aerofly FS2 why shouldn't it be profitable for FSX?
And if the scenery was profitable for P3d then you've got back the most costs for the scenery.
That means that FSX sellings only must bring back the costs for adapting the scenery to FSX. This should be possible.
It should be possible under the condition that FSX simmers know that Aerosoft will bring a new FSX scenery.

Nice topic and comments so far. Anyway, please  bring this " playground " area to FSX, as it was originally conceived, you owe us that at least. :). Final 32 bit product or not, at the end , it's your call.

On 12/26/2019 at 7:15 PM, Mathijs Kok said:
On 12/26/2019 at 7:15 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I discussed this with Sascha and the 32 bit version should really be seen as a gesture. Something that will cost Sacha and Aerosoft money. It could very well be the last 32 bit new release.

It's a Great Shame that this Lukla addon looks like being my last Aerosoft purchase.

I must say that I am Extremely Grateful to Aerosoft for going to all the effort of selling me a very Large quantity of FSX Addons during the last 12 Years !

On 18.12.2019 at 14:27, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Should be out soon.

I'm not a fan from early announcements and early previews.
If something makes me keen on it several times but I could not get it, I probably will lose interest forever.
I think this is natural self-protection developped by evolution.
So I never understood why Aerosoft always is trying to make a hype about their new products in the pipeline over months and years.

Having said this: what means "soon"? Soon TM? 😉

Will there be a release in January? Before Easter? Before next Christmas? Which year? 😉

11 hours ago, John Kunde said:

No, it's not unfortunate for me, because the other publishers _I_ know still offer the full program for FSX and this is one of many reasons why I'm still so happy with my FSX.

But if there are no new products for FSX then the customers can't buy new addons and therefor publishers like Aerosoft think that FSX is commercially dead. A typical devil's circle.

For example if Aerosoft would offer a new VFR Germany (in the quality of Austria Pro HD) I would buy immediately the full series again. But if no supply, then no demand.

Isn't this a 'Chicken-and-Egg' thing?

I mean; does the customers leave, because the developers are stopping support/development or are the customers leaving, hence making the platform unprofitable for developers?

Personally, I believe the latter... all marketing research is indicating that customers are leaving the old legacy platforms (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D1-3) behind and joining the more modern and currently supported and developed platforms. Also, it's in human nature to explore new technologies as well as improve and enhance their abilities in development. New tech, improvements and optimizations are the main reasons for users and more importantly developers are moving on to better and more flexible platforms - to improve their products. This leads to the fact, that newly developed addons are taking advantage of these new improvements, that supporting old platforms (which has restrictions on memory, polygon count and complexity etc) becomes a huge workload. It's simply not feasible..

Besides, this isn't just a numbers game, as to how many are using the various platforms, for publishers and developers. It's about how many users are actually purchasing new addons. I think this have been explained a couple of times. Even if (hypothetically) 70% of all sim users were FSX users - if the rest 30% are purchasing 70-80% of new addons - then you can quickly see where the market is?

These conditions are making developers leaving the legacy platforms. If making/porting a scenery for these extinct platforms, takes up the same workload (or even larger workload) as developing for P3D4.X, but only generating 10% of the sales (compared to P3D4.X), then you can quickly see, that this is quite fast becoming bad business. And again, we have the 'problem' with after-sales support, if none of the developers are actively using the platform... 

Anyway - to be (brutally) honest, you can't really be that surprised? I mean, to expect developers to continue to support a platform which they aren't even using actively is quite problematic. Not just for testing but also for support afterwards. Times move on and the old platforms get left behind. If you want to stay behind - be my guest - but you have to adjust to the fact, that you won't have access to newly developed addons and you won't receive support. 

8 hours ago, Polo said:

Nice topic and comments so far. Anyway, please  bring this " playground " area to FSX, as it was originally conceived, you owe us that at least. :).

No one's owes you anything. You haven't paid for anything.

7 hours ago, John Kunde said:

Having said this: what means "soon"? Soon TM? 😉

Will there be a release in January? Before Easter? Before next Christmas? Which year? 😉

No one can give a precise date. That's what soon means. Besides, in software development it's extremely dangerous to commit to any date, unless you're dead certain on it. Spewing out dates or time-frames, which cannot be met, is the most secure way of having people with torches and pitchforks chasing you. 

Happy New Year. 

• Upvote 2

vor 1 hour , abermann sagte:

a lot

Just wait until the new MSFS is out. Some time later there will be two main flightsim platforms left: MSFS and FSX/FSX-SE.
(Of course there might be a slow growing number of Aerofly FS2 users because of VR - but we need not to discuss this here.  P3D will be dead soon because it's not legal for hobby simmers and XP11 might stay attractive for freeware users - but we need not to discuss this here as well.)

As a third party it surely makes no sense to produce ground sceneries for MSFS - that's clear.
So if you are a developer of sceneries like Lukla/Mount Everest (or VFR Germany for example) you have two possibilities: stopping developing these sceneries or developing for FSX/FSX-SE (and Aerofly FS2 - other theme).
So it's not very wise to keep on saying like a mantra that FSX is commercially dead. Take your small chance or leave it. But stop killing your chance, please.

vor 1 hour , abermann sagte:

No one can give a precise date. That's what soon means. Besides, in software development it's extremely dangerous to commit to any date, unless you're dead certain on it. Spewing out dates or time-frames, which cannot be met, is the most secure way of having people with torches and pitchforks chasing you.

I'm so annoyed from reading this again and again in this forum.
I don't know any other company besides Aerosoft who survived this style. Either you are able to give reliable predictions or you should wait with your previews until your product is ready. My personal opinion.

Happy New Year

57 minutes ago, John Kunde said:

Just wait until the new MSFS is out. Some time later there will be two main flightsim platforms left: MSFS and FSX/FSX-SE.
(Of course there might be a slow growing number of Aerofly FS2 users because of VR - but we need not to discuss this here.  P3D will be dead soon because it's not legal for hobby simmers and XP11 might stay attractive for freeware users - but we need not to discuss this here as well.)

As a third party it surely makes no sense to produce ground sceneries for MSFS - that's clear.
So if you are a developer of sceneries like Lukla/Mount Everest (or VFR Germany for example) you have two possibilities: stopping developing these sceneries or developing for FSX/FSX-SE (and Aerofly FS2 - other theme).
So it's not very wise to keep on saying like a mantra that FSX is commercially dead. Take your small chance or leave it. But stop killing your chance, please.

First of all - why are you quoting me on something I didn't write??? That's really annoying! Please, if you want to debate something - please have the courtesy and decency of quoting me correct!!

Second - I really have no clue as to what you're talking about. When MFS comes out, I highly doubt it will change the fact, that fewer and fewer users will use FSX! On the contrary, to be honest.

Third - MFS doesn't require a next-generation internet connection - actually it doesn't require an internet connection at all to play. I don't know where you got this idea from, or if you're just trying to make up facts, to support your own conclusions. 

Lastly this whole discussion is mute. All tendencies point towards, that the legacy platforms (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D1-3) are commercially dead or are going to be within a few years! I don't know why you keep denying this. Even Mathijs have just said, that developed Lukla is actually costing them money! I don't understand why this debate continuous? This isn't exactly a new thing. Every time something new get announced or released, the same discussion arises, with people who's complaining about their ancient platform needs supporting. 

This is - quite frankly - getting tiring. To be honest, I don't want to debate this with you, as I have a feeling, that it will be the work of Sisyfos. From what I gathered so far, you seem like you either won't or can't accept facts, which contradict your own world view and displays a tendency to be unwilling to accept opinions which disagrees with you. 

I'm not exactly sure where to go from here... Live your life and continue with using what makes you happy. But don't expect or get angry, when the world doesn't agree with your opinions and world view.

57 minutes ago, John Kunde said:

I'm so annoyed from reading this again and again in this forum.
I don't know any other company besides Aerosoft who survived this style. Either you are able to give reliable predictions or you should wait with your previews until your product is ready. My personal opinion.

Happy New Year

Look ... If you don't like how Aerosoft does things, then don't visit here... If the previews are bothering you so much, then I'm sure a kind moderator can hide the Preview Section from your view.

Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 18.12.2019 at 14:27, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Should be out soon.

I'm just thinking about my screenshot theme for January.
So any information if "soon" meens within few hours, few days (or few weeks, months, quarters, ...) would be helpful.
Thanks in advance
Torsten

Gents, time to remind all to be civil here and respect each other's opinions. While you might disagree with some, attacking is outside the bounds. I hid two messages from today (you know who you are if you find yours missing) for that reason.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

More important than respecting humble and/or confused opinions, it is to remember the real topic which is:

A brand new LUKLA for FSX !

Hope that the XP11 version is coming along, too!