Incorrect SODE "Common Data Folder"

hsundboe

Hi,

Recently installed Tromso X FSX:SE edition. Trying to connect the airport to SODE but that wont work. Using the Tromso - Jetway Configurator I get an error trying to locate my SODE path folder. It says "Incorrect SODE common data folder path". I am choosing the 12bPilot in (C): Program Files (x86). The folder DOES contain the Sode folder, and it works with several other airports. The download does not contain any in fo about the sode (Like it says in the jetway config) in the manual. 

Please login to display this image.

I have tried to exclude SimObjectDisplayEngine from Windows Antivurs. This guy had similar problem. However, I do not have a SODE option in my FSX addons menu. I also found another forum with same issue, and what fixed it for them was to turn off "Hide protected operating system files" in Folder Options, but still Tromso Jetway Config cannot find the folder. I have tried to select both 12bPilot folder and the SODE folder itself, nothing changes.. same issue.

Here is my sode platform manager:

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion? All help appreciated :)

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 hours ago, hsundboe said:

Here is my sode platform manager:

Just out of curiosity, as your screenshot doesn't show the entire platform manager: beside having SODE registered (as the screenshot shows), do you have SODE also activated (the part right below the registration part, which is missing in your screenshot)?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Adding to Tom's question, you may have to "pull" the bottom of the window down (or expand it full screen) to see what he's asking about. Like this:

I also note your FSX:SE is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder. That's a protected folder, and because add-on programs typically can't write to it, that may be another source of your problem.

Archived