GSX Boarding Observations

Andre Blossfeld

Hi,

during my flights with the A330 I did some observations reagrding GSX-loading, Airbus-boarding, Refueling messages and some more weird things. I decided to try a deeper investigations, so I want to share one of my testing views.

Framework: A330, EDDM Pos 212, GSX Lvl2 installed.

- I loaded the aircraft in turnaround state and used firstly the 3rd MCDU.

- I closed the door 1L, 2L and both cargodoors remained open

- I inserted 10.0t blockfuel into the 3rd MCDU - "Fuel" became amber coloured

- In the GSX-menu I requested the fuel truck, Fueltruck on the way,

- I inserted 265 Passengers and 10t of cargo - "Boarding" and "Cargo" became amber - in total 163t ZFW

- In the GSX-menu I requested boarding, inserted manually 265 Passengers into the green GSX-line. Passenger boarding begans shortly later, the pax-counter in the 3rd MCDU started, "Boarding" became flashing green

- in the meantime the Fueltruck arrived, connected to the aircraft, refueling started. The refueling message in ECAM appears, but the fuel counter was setting to zero (from 5760kg) in the moment, where the fueling started. "Fuel" became flashing green

- When 10t was refueled into the aircraft, the refueling message in the ECAM disappeard, the fueltruck disconnected, "fuel" became fully green in the 3rd MCDU

- the highloaders began to moving to the aircraft cargo doors

- after approx. 15 min the passengerboarding was completed, the counter in the 3rd MCDU showes 265 passengers boarded, "boarding" became fully green in the 3rd MCDU

- 5 minutes later, cargo and baggage-ULDs arrived (10 in total) at the aircraft, the cargo counter in the 3rd MCDU started, "cargo" became flashing green

- in the moment of starting cargo, the pax-counter jumped back to 9 passengers boarded

- Cargo loading finished after some minutes, the counter showed 10t, "cargo" became fully green in the 3rd MCDU

- the Pax-counter remained on figure 9 of possible 300 passengers

- the total in the 3rd MCDU showed 163t ZFW

- I insereted in MCDU1 the ZFW 163t and 10t Fuel - the ECAM showed 170.5 GW

That´s a short view, may it helps to optimize the allignment of GSX (Lvl2) and the Aerosoft A330.

Cheers

Andre

vor 36 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

You should enter all values in MCDU3 prior calling GSX.

I did in some tests before - never got a complete successul result. For me it makes no difference if you put all three values in one time or one after the other.

vor 36 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

No need to enter anything a second time in GSX.

Are you sure? If you configure GSX according the AS330 manuel vol1, you have to insert the value for the paxloading. If you let GSX do this job, GSX reads the values from the aircraft.cfg. The A330 is nearly empty, the result: boarding in less then 1 minute and only 1 ULD per hold.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 2 Stunden , Andre Blossfeld sagte:

may it helps to optimize the allignment of GSX (Lvl2) and the Aerosoft A330.

So please tell us in detail what should be optimized.....

Regards,

Rolf

Vor 1 Stunde, Hanse sagte:

So please tell us in detail what should be optimized....

Seriously?

All the great features of GSX should be integrated into the Aerosoft Logic. If I load a flightplan and feed the MCDU (MCDU1 or 2 no double entries via MCDU3) weights and fuel ammount should transmitted into GSX for an automated process. All doors should opened and closed by boarding/deboarding triggerpoints. If you want to see a benchmark, have a look into the FSlabs A320 series. But this is another product.

For the first step, I will be satisfied if the two systems (AS Airbus and GSX) would not work against to each other and we as customers will get a working system where we not have to wait "hey what will be happen this time". The actual collaboration between GSX and the A330 is far from reliability (weights, fuel, pax values).

• Deputy Sheriffs
49 minutes ago, Andre Blossfeld said:

Seriously?

All the great features of GSX should be integrated into the Aerosoft Logic. If I load a flightplan and feed the MCDU (MCDU1 or 2 no double entries via MCDU3) weights and fuel ammount should transmitted into GSX for an automated process. All doors should opened and closed by boarding/deboarding triggerpoints. If you want to see a benchmark, have a look into the FSlabs A320 series. But this is another product.

For the first step, I will be satisfied if the two systems (AS Airbus and GSX) would not work against to each other and we as customers will get a working system where we not have to wait "hey what will be happen this time". The actual collaboration between GSX and the A330 is far from reliability (weights, fuel, pax values).

We have that automatic opening closing doors/cargo with GSX configuration. 
And with just entering the ZFWG/ZFWGCG in the FMS, GSX does not know how many passengers/cargo to reach that values.

Regrading the mismatch of the ZFW/Block/GW I have to check myself.

vor 4 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

We have that automatic opening closing doors/cargo with GSX configuration. 

The doors has to be open (like in the turnaround state), otherwise GSX will not start loading/boarding, is´nt it? Yes, when boarding is finished, the doors are closing automatically. Door 1L is opening after arrival (in some cases not the door, with the jetway), The cargo doors I had to open manually. Maybe I do something wrong in the way I use the addon.

vor 10 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

And with just entering the ZFWG/ZFWGCG in the FMS, GSX does not know how many passengers/cargo to reach that values.

How GSX gets the ZFW informations for the A330? Via the entries in MCDU3? In my cases it´s not working. As mentioned: Boarding in 1 Minute and 1 ULD per hold. The only way to get a more realistic ammount of passengers and ULDs is the way described in Manual Vol. 1 to set the GSX Passenger value in the moment GSX is asking for. Or is there another way? My experience says no. So for my understanding, not really an integration. And again, GSX is able to read this nessescary informations automatically. Don´t get me wrong, I´m not an expert in interfaces between two tools. This are my observations.

As suggestion: why there is no bypass sending some values from the MCDU1/2 Init-Page to MCDU3 - no need to do is via the Loadmaner/fuelplanner? If you insert for example 165t ZFW and this value will be splitet in 260 Passengers and 13t Cargo, nobody will count the animated passenger during boarding. Could be a step  in the right direction.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I do not see any reason to change anything. GSX doesnt need to know the ZFW.

All You have to do is enter PAX number, cargo and fuel in the MCDU3. This can be done manually or by loading the loadsheet, in case you use the fuel planner. Thats all, no other button needs to be pressed, just call in the GSX menu catering/boarding refueling (and maybe jetway operation in case not be done through SODE)

vor 5 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

GSX doesnt need to know the ZFW.

TBH, you are wrong. How should GSX know how many passengers needs to board or how many ULDs has to load? Normally GSX reads the aircraft.cfg - in case of the AS Airbus, the weight is nearly the EOW. The result I mentioned above.

vor 8 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

All You have to do is enter PAX number, cargo and fuel in the MCDU3. This can be done manually or by loading the loadsheet, in case you use the fuel planner. Thats all, no other button needs to be pressed, just call in the GSX menu catering/boarding refueling (and maybe jetway operation in case not be done through SODE)

I know how it works - or it should work. There are so many options possible to integrate. In the morning I read here a post about fantastic immersion of the A330, indeed, there is a lot of immersion. A part of the immersion for me is automated groundhandling too. If I press the Send button in ATSU after the input of the Fuel ammount, the Fueltruck comes automatically. If I load a flightplan (where all values are inserted), the System is able to load automatically. Why I need to insert the values again into MCDU3 or via the fuelplanner? And again: DO´NT get me wrong, this is great addon. And what I say are SUGGESTIONS!

vor 18 Minuten, masterhawk sagte:

What version of the bus are you running? There was a bug with passenger numbers larger 255.

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 minutes ago, Andre Blossfeld said:

TBH, you are wrong. How should GSX know how many passengers needs to board or how many ULDs has to load? Normally GSX reads the aircraft.cfg - in case of the AS Airbus, the weight is nearly the EOW. The result I mentioned above.

TBH, you are wrong. GSX gets the values from the Load/Fuel page, and I do not see a problem loading the values there. And making a rough calculation based on ZFW is IMHo the wrongest possible way. Beside the fact that not everybody got GSX and wants to do certain things on ts own.

But I think we can close this discussion. If you think the way another dev is doing it is the only correct way, so it is.

vor 3 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

But I think we can close this discussion. If you think the way another dev is doing it is the only correct way, so it is.

Yes you are right! You discuss around me.

I do not think other devs are doing the only correct way - but anyway you are not the right person to discuss this matter. Cheers.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 18 Minuten, Andre Blossfeld sagte:

If I press the Send button in ATSU after the input of the Fuel ammount, the Fueltruck comes automatically.

And what about users who do not have GSX installed or do not want to use the GSX fueling because it takes too long? We always have to make a decisions which suits most of the users. The GSX integration is the same we are using since a long time for the other models and until now no one "complained" about our setup of the fueling. This way the user has all choices.....

vor 22 Minuten, Andre Blossfeld sagte:

If I load a flightplan (where all values are inserted), the System is able to load automatically.

About which flightplan you are talking? To my knowledge there is no flightplan which contains information on passengers and cargo. 

I will now close this discussion because I see no end and all information are shared........

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived