My opinion of the A330

Mohamed Makhlouf

Hello aerosoft 

Iv been flying your A330 for a week now it's ok and not bad but unfortunately it's not better then FSLABS or PMDG or TFDI or qualitywings or Leonardo fly the maddog X

they have plenty of buttons to be pushed even emergency buttons including real callouts and signs chimes and switches and button sounds

as for your product it's only 50% enjoyable , some buttons are not pushable like calls or emergency buttons including engin and apu fire push button ( the only pushable button for fire push button are the fire tests ) and the signs chime is high then I had to twick it by replacing the high chime with the original low chime from TFDI , I couldn't twick the minimum callout nor the v1 callout , I could have twick the minimum callout but I couldn't find the sound file for that.

i can't say that I'm satisfied nor not disappointed in how it's made , I'm always looking for more reality in simulator and so far the projects that I mentiond befor ( pmdg ,FSLABS ,TFDI , qualitywings , leanardo fly the maddog X ) have successfully made there project as real as it gets only qualitywings haven't done there emergency because they haven't thought about it.

note : when I compared the aerosoft a320 with FSLABS a320 in 2017 I had to replace aerosoft with FSLABS due to its reality and it was much more enjoyable the aerosoft so I give FSLABS and the other projects 5 stars and aerosoft I'm sorry to say 2 stars .

and I'm sorry for being honest and I advice aerosoft to try harder and dig deeper to try to bring there products closer to reality like the other projects and good luck 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed, but Aerosoft has it always made very clear, that with its products it aims to simulate the daily job of a pilot. It never aimed to be a kind of "system simulation", it never aimed to simulate something that is not touched/does not happen within 500.000 flying hours or simulate something outside the aircraft that will never be touched by the pilot but only the groundcrew.

So they aim a different market with a different price range.

57 minutes ago, Mohamed Makhlouf said:

I'm always looking for more reality in simulator

Really? Nothing more is unreal in flightsimulation then flying an Airbus, a Boeing or whatever as a single pilot. Therefore Aerosoft decided with the A3xx series, to overcome this issue by giving you a virtual FO or even better the possibility to fly with another real human being as Captain or FO via the CFD.

IMHO this is far closer to reality then simulating every switch in the cockpit, a pilot will never touch in his life.

But Aerosoft understands that they can not please everybody and some people will stay away from their products.

13 minutes ago, mopperle said:

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed, but Aerosoft has it always made very clear, that with its products it aims to simulate the daily job of a pilot. It never aimed to be a kind of "system simulation", it never aimed to simulate something that is not touched/does not happen within 500.000 flying hours or simulate something outside the aircraft that will never be touched by the pilot but only the groundcrew.

So they aim a different market with a different price range.

Really? Nothing more is unreal in flightsimulation then flying an Airbus, a Boeing or whatever as a single pilot. Therefore Aerosoft decided with the A3xx series, to overcome this issue by giving you a virtual FO or even better the possibility to fly with another real human being as Captain or FO via the CFD.

IMHO this is far closer to reality then simulating every switch in the cockpit, a pilot will never touch in his life.

But Aerosoft understands that they can not please everybody and some people will stay away from their products.

Thank you for proving my point who ever you are

• Aerosoft

I find it rather strange you compare products so different in price.  I mean I would for sure expect a LOT more from a product that is over twice as expensive as ours is. You obviously do not. I am sorry we disappointed you but also advise you to check what a product actually does before buying it because a lot of your disappointment comes from the fact we made a different product then you expected.

Archived