Packs turn off

marcusjm

What is the typical reason why the Packs would shut down mid flight? It seems to combine with some weird A-floor behavior. I even had one of the engines shut off.

Could it have anything to do with icing conditions? I am a bit unsure when to use the engine anti ice.

I think I found a potential issue. It seems the fuel is reset when reloading the flight situation. Would this affect packs?

No Carenado stuff here. It does seem though that it was fuel related. For some reason fuel unloads when I reload the situation?

Are there other technical reasons why Packs would fail in real situations?

The packs shutting off first, then engine power loss leading to A FLOOR is exactly what I've had in that other thread.  

When you say "reload the situation", what exactly do you mean?   Are you saving the flight mid-flight then reloading it at some point?

Btw. I realised I have the default Carenado stuff you get with P3d but they don't count do they?

Answer to both here. No it was simply me reloading on the ground. I never thought of looking into the fuel situation but the exact same thing happened in two different flights.

When I finally realised the fuel thing and reloaded the fuel. The flight went without a hitch. I don't think I lost power but I did lose one engine. Also I crashed so :).

I think I have to read more into these Packs. I know what they are for but the intricasies are not easy to see.

2 minutes ago, marcusjm said:

Btw. I realised I have the default Carenado stuff you get with P3d but they don't count do they?

Answer to both here. No it was simply me reloading on the ground. I never thought of looking into the fuel situation but the exact same thing happened in two different flights.

When I finally realised the fuel thing and reloaded the fuel. The flight went without a hitch. I don't think I lost power but I did lose one engine. Also I crashed so :).

I think I have to read more into these Packs. I know what they are for but the intricasies are not easy to see.

No, they don't.  There is no DRM with those aircraft. 

Archived