A330 oscillates in pitch and roll

mwa05

I have an issue which I have not been able to solve yet, which is as soon as the aircraft is airborne it oscillates in pitch and roll and this continues even once LNAV/VNAV A/P is engaged and really only stops at cruise (but still is slightly there).

It then repeats all the way on descent until landing. If I go to an outside view, the ailerons and elevators are going up and down by themselves creating the ongoing pitch and roll movement. 

It is not weather settings (I use HiFi ASP4) as I have tried with no weather (default P3D) and it is still the same.

I have version 1.0.0.3.

It is not controller spikes nor is it FSUIPC (as I removed the .DLL to test).

The aircraft is pre-flighted and prepared properly; I am very conversant (away from the FS World) on how to fly an A330. 

The aircraft is in the default location (your Documents\Aerosoft folder).

It was installed properly (anti-virus off, ran installer as admin, re-boot after install, keeping anti-virus off, launched P3D, loaded A330, waited for it to initialise, closed P3D, waited for P3D to fully close, then ran the updater and then re-booted the PC again).

I fully uninstalled and then re-installed - still the same behaviour. The product is literally as "out of the box" - I have not even installed a livery yet.

Windows 10 Pro, i7-6770K @ 4.5ghz, GTX1080ti, 32GB RAM latest P3Dv4 HF2 (clean install), Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, A330 settings as per Documentation Folder Vol.1.

I have another developers Airbus product (no issues), and a variety of Boeing products (no issues) - I mention this only because I bought the A330 on 09DEC19 (so I have had it for 8 days) and I have spent those 8 days attempting to the solve the issue myself but have eventually done everything I can think of in so far as it may be an issue on my PC, thus why I am now reaching out for further ideas. 

I do note that there is no specific report that I can find that sets out this issue. 

Kind regards,

Mark

Same here …I'm not sure, but it seems to have something to do with the Enable gyro drift option, because when I activate and deactivate this option the problem disappears 

25 minutes ago, mwa05 said:

Hi Dave,

I have no FPS issues, my system maintains 30FPS locked.

The lowest recorded on the last flight I did (WSSS-WADD) was 26.4, average 30.0 as per the FSUIPC log, so it is not the FBW <18FPs issue. I already eliminated that from my enquiries. I should have mentioned FPS in my opening remarks.

Kind regards,

Mark

1 hour ago, mwa05 said:

Hi Dave,

I have no FPS issues, my system maintains 30FPS locked.

The lowest recorded on the last flight I did (WSSS-WADD) was 26.4, average 30.0 as per the FSUIPC log, so it is not the FBW <18FPs issue. I already eliminated that from my enquiries. I should have mentioned FPS in my opening remarks.

Kind regards,

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Any chance you could create and share a short video of this behavior my friend?

9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thanks Mark.

Any chance you could create and share a short video of this behavior my friend?

Hi Dave,

I am not sure; I have never done so and don't even know where to start. I will ask one of my 8 year old daughters (if I can get their head out of You Tube watching Ninja Kidz TV).

I'll see what I can sort out when I am back home.

Kind regards,

Mark

Just to report back in, I got a PM from another member who had the same issue. He said he resolved it by uninstalling the aircraft, downloading a fresh installer from their account (he said that the original as released may have had an issue not completing the installation)  but before installing, uninstall the Microsoft 2015 x64 distributable. A new one will be loaded by the installer.

Reboot the computer then go ahead and install.

So I did all of that and viola, the issue is fixed.

I will still get the ‘make a video’ lesson though 😎

Archived