Currupt prepar3d.cfg

DJJose

On 12/11/2019 at 11:12 PM, Capt. PERO said:

Thank you for this feedback. I felt a little sad after your previous feedback.

SIMstarter NG has many options, this is curse and blessing but in general it should do what it is supposed to do... 😉

Enjoy it and Thank you for your honest feedback!

It's my pleasure.

I just have one small issue. After applying a profile (region) simstarter NG is corrupting my p3d v4.cfg. Once P3D v4 loads to the menu, trying to access the airport menu leads to a delay in loading the airport menu. The only way to avoid the delay in loading the airport menu is is to replace the p3d v4.cfg with my backup.

Is there a way to disable SIMStarter NG to not touch my p3d v4 cfg? I don't even touch the Sim ConfigSet section and it corrupts the cfg with the previous flight profile or master profile. I have not created any profiles.

Do you recommend that I create a profile? Come to think of it, I have not tried that yet.

Thanks.

• Developer

If you do not select a SimConfigSet your prepar3d.cfg is not touched.

Very strange issue.

Can you please post both a currupted (from your point of view) and an uncurrupted.

The best would be that you attach a DebugPack in addition. In general SIMstarter NG does not really currupt files. But let's see.

Great! I'll do it today.

In SimConfigSet there's always one selected. I'll delete both after testing. Run profile and check, then create one just to see if it causes any issues.

SimStarter Log

SIMstarter NG.log

"If you do not select a SimConfigSet your prepar3d.cfg is not touched."

There's no empty area and you can't delete the master. So far the 2 options available lead to to loading issue which I have found to fix by replacing my backup .cfg

• Developer

The log file is showing that you've applied the Master ConfigSet to the prepar3d.cfg.

So from my point of view - everthing is working fine. If not please open a new topic.

Archived