Customize checklist.

skwal

I got the A330 and really enjoy the immersion of the checklists, my only annoyance is that it will automatically turn on taxi lights for before taxi checklist and landing lights (and t.o) during before takeoff checklist. Those are not required and real life and only use prior to taxi and prior to take off. If I am doing checklist but I will havent taken off I dont need them on.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 16.12.2019 at 03:30, skwal sagte:

turn on taxi lights for before taxi checklist

This only happens during dawn and at night so that you are able to see something when you start taxi - and was a special request by one of our beta-testers. During day time the lights will be switched on as part of the taxi CL. 

Regards,

Rolf

Sure, but unless I am given clearance to taxi I dont switch them on. Before taxi checklist is done 99% of the time before you get clearance to taxi (same goes for take off). So its annoying that I have to turn them off, receive clearance to taxi and then turn them back on.

I do the taxi, and before I get to the hold short line I go through before taxi checklist. The checklist will turn on my takeoff lights..... I will have to turn them back off and turn on taxi again until I get to hold short line where I turn off all taxi lights until I get clearance for take off .... then I turn on the takeoff lights.

On 12/17/2019 at 4:03 AM, Hanse said:

This only happens during dawn and at night so that you are able to see something when you start taxi - and was a special request by one of our beta-testers. During day time the lights will be switched on as part of the taxi CL. 

Regards,

Rolf

Planes only turn on taxi lights when they start the taxi so other planes know that they are taxing, not before taxi and not during before taxi checklist.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, skwal said:

Planes only turn on taxi lights when they start the taxi so other planes know that they are taxing, not before taxi and not during before taxi checklist.

We have discussed this with our advisory pilots and they tell us it differs per airline and region. 

Copilot: Turning on landings lights *turns on taxi lights*

Captain: Excuse me, did I tell you to do that? *turns off taxi lights*

----short time later
Copilot: before Taxi checklist, "lights on" *turns on landings light*

Captain: Stop tuning on the lights before we actually get to the runway *turns landing lights off*

Captain: Sigh....

:D

Archived