Problems with loading [A330]

BudSpencer

Hey!

Few questions about loading the Airbus:

- Is it possible to reset the whole loading process if the Airbus already has started to load pax, cargo and fuel gradually?

- Is the A330 also meant to be loaded completely wihout the external load manager? (Settings MCDU only)?

Why I'm asking:

I want to plan my flights at Simbrief, including fuel and weight calculations and only load them via the settings MCDU. I've got GSX and use the boarding function, but I don't want to have 2 separate loading simulations which take different times and interfere with each other. Furthermore, I want to be able to load initially, if GSX2 or the Airbus takes too long to load in a situation. So, of course, I've set my GSX2 to detect custom loading of the aircarft. But more than once it happened that the airbus suddenly started to load by itself, sometimes only pax, sometimes it stopped at a certain number, sometimes it loaded everything correct, but very slow. As I did this by trial-and-error so far, I've looked into the manuals to understand the difference between the green script, the green flashing script and the orange one. However in the manuals, I can only find those things explained that are self-explanatory anyway for my understanding.

Did I miss a part of the manual? What can I do to be able to control the loading of the aircraft? Is there a way to force the initial loading? Or is it simply the fact that I don't understand how the aircraft loads?

Thanks a lot.

Regards, Dominik

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 15.12.2019 at 20:27, BudSpencer sagte:

Is it possible to reset the whole loading process if the Airbus already has started to load pax, cargo and fuel gradually?

Yes, but you have to start from the beginning e. g. load the aircraft state again.....

On 15.12.2019 at 20:27, BudSpencer sagte:

Is the A330 also meant to be loaded completely wihout the external load manager? (Settings MCDU only)?

No. Only the MCDU3 can be used for loading becausep.e. fuel has to be loaded to different tanks. But if you use GSX first the numbers have to be entered into the MCDU 3 LOAD and FUEL menu (LSK1-3L). Then you can start GSX and it will use the figures you entered into the MCDU3. If you do not want to use GSX you can also use the internal MCDU3 functions LSK1-3R or to speed up the process just LSK4R (instand load). But you cannot use both functions (GSX / internal MCDU3) - you have to make a decission. If GSX loading is already started the MCDU3 internal loading functions are automatically blocked.

Regards,

Rolf

OK, thanks! So does that mean that, as long as I command the MCDU3 to load the aircraft (instant or gradually) BEFORE even touching GSX2, I'm safe?

I want to use GSX2 only for the visual passenger boarding, gate moving and push back, but I don't want it to touch any weight data.

Last time the aircraft was loaded again AFTER the flight (after parking at the gate) without any influence by me. Even resetting the status didn't help. Could that be that I accidently commanded GSX to load the aircraft via "boarding" and the MCDU3 functions have been blocked as described??

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are two "loading" functions: One included in GSX - selection via the GSX menu - and one in the MCDU3 (LSK1-4R). You should use only one of that functions and cannot use both. If you select the internal MCDU3 function you should not also use the GSX menu because then both loading functions are running in parallel and that might bring some problems. In other words if you use the internal MCDU3 function you cannot also use GSX for "visual" effects. As the GSX loading function works properly you should use only the GSX menu if you also want the visual effects and not the internal MCDU3 functions LSK1-4R. 

Regards,

Rolf

Archived