CTD at plane selection

alfatango

Good evening.

I have completed several successful flights with the A330. Then, after completing one flight, I exited P3D and shut down the PC.

After a few hours, I switched on again PC and fired up P3D; now, P3D crashes to desktop any time I select an Airbus Professional (318/19/20/21 or the A330).

All other add-ons work OK.

I had in the past a similar problem with the A318/19/20/21 but then the solution was NOT to change the simulator time in the welcome windows, letting the plane load with the system time and then changing the time.

Now, this does not help and P3D crashes upon selecting the plane and giving the "OK" in the welcome screen after few seconds of black screen (the scenery loading bar never appears).

I have tried to start from a default plane/airport and then selecting the A330 (or A320 for that), with no change: screen goes black and then after a few seconds CTD. 

I had A330 ver. 1.0.0.2 installed; I have installed ver 1.0.0.3, which automatically installed Visual C++ runtime, but the situation remains unfortunately unchanged.

What is baffling me, is that now also the A318/19/20/21 stopped working, and that no change had been done to the PC (it was switched off!) between the last successful flight and this.

AppCrashView reports "a string binding is invalid" in module: kernelbase.dll

Needless to say, I would appreciate some suggestion, to be able to fly again the entire Aerosoft Airbus Professional range.

Alfatango

Appcrash report:

Version=1
EventType=APPCRASH
EventTime=132209052799790963
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=132209052804478428
ReportStatus=268566528
ReportIdentifier=48fe5598-a923-44e8-b130-52e709761bc3
IntegratorReportIdentifier=7b489968-3eeb-4164-938a-87ebe200e217
Wow64Host=34404
NsAppName=Prepar3D.exe
OriginalFilename=Prepar3D.exe
AppSessionGuid=00003414-0001-0021-4512-7ca06eb3d501
TargetAppId=W:00000f3fb95a9975fc51260b15dcb7eb0e2400000904!0000c739329fda381e3735d40dca7542b7bc8256c368!Prepar3D.exe
TargetAppVer=2019//09//25:01:14:59!2cf4ea!Prepar3D.exe
BootId=4294967295
ServiceSplit=1915613601
TargetAsId=437
UserImpactVector=858796336
IsFatal=1
EtwNonCollectReason=1
Response.BucketId=9f5526e4032bb3652f67f9fa6199eef4
Response.BucketTable=4
Response.LegacyBucketId=2263052191551581940
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=4.5.13.32097
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=5d8abf93
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=KERNELBASE.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=10.0.18362.535
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=50cc8d5a
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0020001
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=000000000003a839

If I understand you correctly, you get a CTD when you select the Airbus Professional at the P3D Scenario Selection screen and then launch into P3D?

If so, then I actually experienced this problem during the Beta and it could not be reproduced by others on the team (one person had a similar issue but it wasn't exactly the same).  I worked for 40 hours to try and figure this out and finally completely uninstalled P3D (including manually removing all the remaining folders) and reinstalled and that solved the problem... UNTIL I installed a FSDT scenery and the problem came back.

I lived with the issue (all  you have to do is load into a default aircraft and then change to the Airbus) until one day I purchased an ORBX scenery and installed via their FTX Central application.  I then tried to select the A330 from the P3D Scenario Selection screen and the A330 loaded just fine.

So the answer as far as I'm concerned is that other addon installer has made a change to P3D which causes this.  Since I've done FSX/P3D and associated product tech support for 14 years you can imagine what I've tried to find and fix this issue, and I came up with nothing other than the addon installer thing.  From my perspective it's not the Airbus code.

I'm sure  you're as frustrated as I was, but I sincerely hope this helps.

OK, Dave, thanks for your feedback, and yes, your understanding is correct.

Happy update (your message crossed with mine):

1 - loading a default plane first did not solve the issue, and I do not think it can be assumed it is due to other add-ons,

but

2 - As I have read several times that kernelbase.dll errors are often linked to .net framework issues, I have run the MS .net framework repair tool. Strangely enough, the tool reported no errors, but it did  send a message like "restarting the .net framework". after which Airbus Professional (all models, narrowbodies and A330) are working ok.

Maybe sometimes, on exiting P3D, something is messed up with .Net Framework? It could be something else, but I am having this problem - admittedly, rather random, maybe once in twenty cases - only after a fresh P3D launch after PC boot, only when selecting an Airbus Professional and only  when I had flown an Airbus Professional as a last flight before shutting down P3D and the PC.

I will keep monitoring and report if I improve or disprove the statistic.

Alfatango

53 minutes ago, alfatango said:

OK, Dave, thanks for your feedback, and yes, your understanding is correct.

Happy update (your message crossed with mine):

1 - loading a default plane first did not solve the issue, and I do not think it can be assumed it is due to other add-ons,

but

2 - As I have read several times that kernelbase.dll errors are often linked to .net framework issues, I have run the MS .net framework repair tool. Strangely enough, the tool reported no errors, but it did  send a message like "restarting the .net framework". after which Airbus Professional (all models, narrowbodies and A330) are working ok.

Maybe sometimes, on exiting P3D, something is messed up with .Net Framework? It could be something else, but I am having this problem - admittedly, rather random, maybe once in twenty cases - only after a fresh P3D launch after PC boot, only when selecting an Airbus Professional and only  when I had flown an Airbus Professional as a last flight before shutting down P3D and the PC.

I will keep monitoring and report if I improve or disprove the statistic.

Alfatango

Ah, that actually makes sense!  I would have actually jumped on the .net fixer if I'd known that  you couldn't load the A330 from a default aircraft, that makes it practically a slam dunk if the aircraft works fine on other systems (all things being equal of course).

kernelbase.dll errors can be really tough ones to crack, but you bet they can certainly be .net errors and I myself have had them - even recently.  It's usually an installer than has the .net installer embedded that does it.

Best wishes for happy flights my friend!

hi Dave came here from the other post yes I have other stuff orbx fsdt etc installed and I am running HF2 as was asked. I guess ill try .net fixer and if not ill get round it as I have been for a while now

Update: no joy did the fixer still same guess its other things but real strange doesn't do it with QW or PMDG. Ill keep working around. Ill try doing a restart of PC too. But gitta go bed now

Ill also try a fresh install of .NET after fixer

• Aerosoft

That this happens on this aircraft and not on others is not very strange. The others all use older SDK and not the very latest. So they use different bits of the sim (and OS).

Are you 100% sure you are using P3d V4.5 HF2?

48 minutes ago, matty260191 said:

Yes i did a complete fresh install of my PC and sim like a week ago and downloaded the full HF2 installer.

Matty,

The OP has the CTD whether or not he loads the aircraft from the P3D Scenario Startup Screen or loads a default aircraft first, and then selects the A330.  I don't think what you happening is the same.

I can confirm the same problems. I get CTD when I change the vehicle in the opening screen. This only happens when the A330 is installed.

After uninstalling the A330 all works fine again. The problems occurs as follows:

1: Start P3D4 (latest version)

2: Change vehicle (doesn‘t matter what I change it to or from) and press OK

3: Press OK to start scenario
4: CTD

This only happens when I change the vehicle in the start up screen. If I change the vehicle within the scenario then it works fine.

Like I already mentioned, only when the A330 (1.0.0.4) is installed.

Edit: I have even done a complete re-install of Win10 and P3D4 (needed doing anyway) and the problem is still the same.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, ice75 said:

Edit: I have even done a complete re-install of Win10 and P3D4 (needed doing anyway) and the problem is still the same.

In that case we have to conclude you see something some other users (we have 19 in the list now) and many thousands of other do not. If you did a complete clean install of the OS and the sim and all is okay the only logical (but extremely weird) reason would be hardware. It simply can't be anything else.  Very sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no other explanation. We had overall 62 people who had CTD's and all except 19 had there issue solved by fixing the sim or OS. You are at this moment the only one claiming it happens on a virgin OS and virgin sim. 

If you send us the install log of OS and sim to support@aerosoft.com so we can confirm you did indeed do a FULL clean install of the OS and the sim we'll refund your order. 

Ive spent the past hour trying all different things, but the issue remains the same. At first I thought it was down to an update, as it seemed to work at first under A330 1.0.0.0. But that one let me down too. The updates 1.0.0.2 and 1.0.0.4 CTD straight away when I try to change vehicle.

Like I said, this only happens when the A330 is installed, so it completely baffles me as to how this could be hardware related? As soon as A330 is uninstalled it all works fine. 

Just to verify, CTD happens when I change vehicle after the first start up screen. I have to start the previous scenario with the previous vehicle to be able to get going. Once im in, then I can change vehicles without a problem. Not great, but I can work around it. 

On 12/16/2019 at 5:04 PM, matty260191 said:

Ab ok yer i agree mines just from the startup screen. Think you said you have the same issue? 

Are you loading into one of the A330 Liveries which come with the A330 product or a third party livery?

If it's a livery that comes with the product, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling per the following procedure:

Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)

1.  Uninstall the Aerosoft A330.

2.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft folder, and if the "Aerosoft A330 Professional" folder still exists please delete it.

3.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder, and if the "as_a330_prof" file still exists please delete it.

4.  Delete your current A330 Installer, and re-download the A330 Installer from where you purchased the product.

5.  Reboot your computer.

6.  Ensure Hidden Files/Folders are visible by typing "folders" into the Windows Search Bar (lower left of your desktop).  When you type in "folders" (all small case letters) you should see "Show hidden files and folders" show up in the list of applications.  Please click on that and another window will open. In the new window, please ensure "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is selected. You can then close this window.  Please see the screens shots below:

Please login to display this image.

7.  Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to the C:\Users[YOUR USER NANE]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, and delete the "Shaders" folder.  Don't worry, this folder will be rebuilt automatically the next time you start P3D.  To this even if you already did this after disabling TomatoShade.

8. Open P3D, select a default aircraft and default airport, and launch into the sim. Once the airport is fully loaded, please close P3D.

9. Disable  your computer security.

10. Ensure no other programs are running, and then run the A330 Installer as Administrator.

11. After the installation process is complete, please reboot your computer.

12. After the reboot, please ensure your computer security is still disabled.

13. Run the ASUpdater application as Administrator, select "Configuration" located at the bottom right of the window, and ensure that Experimental Updates is selected.  See screen shot.

14. Close and restart the ASUpdater, ensure you start the ASUpdater as Administrator.

15. The A330 product should show in Red. Please select the A330 product and then select "Update selected Product.

16. Close the ASUpdater.

17. Reboot.

18. Download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.  Please take screen shots of any errors it finds and fixes it performs. If you have problems after this procedure we will need to see them.

19. Reboot your computer.

20. Start P3D and in the P3D settings ensure you have Wide Screen View selected  and HDR Textures enabled.

21. Perform a flight in the A330, and let us know if you still have issues.

Best wishes my friend!

Archived