Did not follow flight Plan?

Detail50

Anyone have a thought as to what the problem was here?  I got the flight past TOC and then went away for 3 hours or so,  came back and plane is at 2800 feet.  I started it back on a assent after I saw what had happened.

Please login to display this image.

It got mad at you for leaving it alone for so long?  I once had a dog that did that... LOL.

It's a new one on me, never heard or saw that with any addon, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for this.  Very strange indeed!

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi, for me, the AP  doesn’t seems to follow. Established on approach, never descents to capture the ILS. Need to take over manually, otherwise too high.

Geo

Need more detail: Which Approach exactly? Which ALT did you dial in before initiating descent? next time it happesn make screenshot, so that we can see the PFD, ND and FCU.

5 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It got mad at you for leaving it alone for so long?  I once had a dog that did that... LOL.

It's a new one on me, never heard or saw that with any addon, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for this.  Very strange indeed!

Dave,   I had to reinstall everything and reload the updates because the sim would not load the flight this morning after the that last flight.

After completing the reinstall and update I setup a flight from Denver to Cancun,  took off and at the moment it reached climb altitude it went into a A floor and now the flight and all that time spent is wasted.  This is the second A floor I've had now on the new plane.   I was watching it and everything was fine, speed was correct,  no overthrust and everything was on auto at the point it reached FL390.  I'm pretty disappointed now with the constant performance issue, reinstalls and what amounts to alot of time spent to not be able to complete the flight.

Here is a screen shot shortly after the latest A Floor.  The plane is already descending.   I have no answers really for what is happening as the flight is on auto and following normal procedure.  To be honest flying has had happier moments.

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm going to PM your something and we can discuss before continuing here in the thread.

Ok,   I'm going to re fly the route again tomm morning and see how it goes.

I re-flew the flight plan overnight,  up till about 15 miles from the airport everything was fine,   when I went to bed it was about 2 hours into the flight and overnight it flew to the TOD pause.   This morning I restarted the sim and flew the decent,  till I got close to the airport everything was as it should be and a perfect flight.   At that point the simulation seemed to lose control,  the aircraft started to oscillate and shake violently and the graphic stream got very choppy,  the sim turned off the autopilot  and at that point I tried to get it to descend manually,  but it wouldn't respond and I ended up overflying the airport.

I'll try a different flight later.

I started another flight,   plane climbed to proper cruise altitude of FL350 and leveled off.  I returned to find the plane now above 40K feet and in a A Floor.   A little hard to see,  but the plane flew along and then just started climbing,   I think thats what caused the A floor

• Deputy Sheriffs

For some reason the aircraft is commanidng speed 221 knots which seems a bit low. However with this information I cannot say much more what has happened. I have not seen this kind of alpha floor behavior myself when flying within the aircraft design envelope.

Ray,

As we discussed, please be sure to disable Tomatoshade before proceeding with this procedure.

Question 1.  Would you please provide your system specs and then screen shots of your P3D Display, World and Lighting settings?

Desktop or Laptop?

Processor Type?

Turbo Mode Active?

Hyper Threading Active?

Overclocked?  Speed?

Graphics Card Type/Model?

GPU Overclocked?  Speed?

Memory (RAM) Size?

Prepar3d Version 

(Example: P3D 4.5.13.32097)

Question 2.  On your current Windows 10 installation, have  you ever had a different computer security program than what you are running now?  If so, and if  you merely uninstalled the software, it is possible that active remenants are still running due to the Tamper Protection that many computer security programs have.  In order to fully remove the past computer security software you will need to go to the website for the computer security developer where you will likely find a custom installer (some times called an Eraser, or Wiper).  Please download and run that as Administrator.

Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)

1.  Manually backup your Aircraft.cfg and any additional livery texture folders you may have installed.

2. Uninstall the Aerosoft A330.

3.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft folder, and if the "Aerosoft A330 Professional" folder still exists please delete it.

4.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder, and if the "as_a330_prof" file still exists please delete it.

5.  Delete your current A330 Installer, and re-download the A330 Installer from where you purchased the product.

6.  Reboot your computer.

7.  Ensure Hidden Files/Folders are visible by typing "folders" into the Windows Search Bar (lower left of your desktop).  When you type in "folders" (all small case letters) you should see "Show hidden files and folders" show up in the list of applications.  Please click on that and another window will open. In the new window, please ensure "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is selected. You can then close this window.  Please see the screens shots below:

8.  Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to the C:\Users[YOUR USER NANE]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, and delete the "Shaders" folder.  Don't worry, this folder will be rebuilt automatically the next time you start P3D.  To this even if you already did this after disabling TomatoShade.

9. Open P3D, select a default aircraft and default airport, and launch into the sim. Once the airport is fully loaded, please close P3D.

10. Disable  your computer security.

11. Ensure no other programs are running, and then run the A330 Installer as Administrator.

12. After the installation process is complete, please reboot your computer.

13. After the reboot, please ensure your computer security is still disabled.

14. Run the ASUpdater application as Administrator, select "Configuration" located at the bottom right of the window, and ensure that Experimental Updates is selected.  See screen shot.

15. Close and restart the ASUpdater, ensure you start the ASUpdater as Administrator.

16. The A330 product should show in Red. Please select the A330 product and then select "Update selected Product.

17. Close the ASUpdater.

18. Reboot.

19. Download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.  Please take screen shots of any errors it finds and fixes it performs. If you have problems after this procedure we will need to see them.

20. Reboot your computer.

21. Reinstall AIRAC (if you use updated NavData).  Remember ot select the NAVDATA you use in the A330 Configurator.

22. Start P3D and in the P3D settings ensure you have Wide Screen View selected  and HDR Textures enabled.

23. Perform a flight in the A330, and let us know if you still have issues.

Best wishes my friend!

Hello, I have followed your advise sir but the aircraft has problems. Destination LDDU - LDZA nFL 200 Distance 231 NM

for unknown reason as you see in the foto changed t FL030

with a TOD distance 1962 NM

Something is going wrong with the systems

Hi Guys,

Also had this problem, turns out the version of P3D I was running wasn't up to date.

If you hit Help>About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D whilst flying and find your numbers do not match mine then you need to update your P3D client to the latest version:

Once that is done the bus will fly like a dreamand follow the flight plan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTvuZi0NpAk&t=137s - I found this link helpful to update the client on it's own (upto 4mins 50) but I understand there is also instructions on the P3D official website.

Hope this helps

Matt

On 12/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Dave info you requested:

Regarding AV I have always used Norton 360

Desktop

Processor: i7-7700,   Turbo and Hyperthread enabled

GPU:GTX-1660

I don't overclock anything

32G Ram

Prepard: 4.5.13.32097

Regards: Ray

Ray,

Did you perform the uninstall and procedure I provided for you?  If so, how is the aircraft working for you

Also, please try using the settings I provided in my screen shots, notably the Image and Texture Quality settings and the Shadow settings (what you have it just not needed for flying airliners).  That should increase your frame rates, and help with some of the issues you are experiencing.

Running multiple processors at lower speeds is fine for some games, but to run complex airliners and especially with third party payware scenery, P3D really needs processor speeds above 4.2GHz in order to have a fluid experience - especially when you set settings such as you have.  To achieve this, some overclocking may be necessary and your BIOS/motherboard  software should provide you with an application to correctly overclock your system.   Speaking personally, I would never overclock a system unless it had a water cooler and you had software running that monitored the temps of your processor and motherboard AND had both an alarm and automatic shutdown for high heat conditions.  Overclocking is always is personal decision and we don't provide support for that, but you maybe able to get some support for this over on the AVSIM website.

Dave,   I have not I'm still working on the Tomato Shade part.   I can't find the path to restore original shaders.

I'm not comfortable overclocking my machine,  I don't have water cooling and I'm not going to risk damage to my components.

I'll make the changes you suggested in the screen shots.   Once I can get Tomato Shade properly removed I'll get started on the reinstall.

Thanks Dave,   I completed the procedure.   It's too late to start a flight tonight,  but I'll fly tomm.

Screenshot at the gate here in SW Florida Intl.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 12/17/2019 at 7:06 AM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, I have followed your advise sir but the aircraft has problems. Destination LDDU - LDZA nFL 200 Distance 231 NM

for unknown reason as you see in the foto changed t FL030

with a TOD distance 1962 NM

Something is going wrong with the systems

The wrong predictions at the PERF CLB and DES page are known and is being worked on.

Plane is in the air Dave KATL > KSFO.   I got repeated crashes at a gate at Atlanta as soon as it loaded,  had to switch to a different gate and it loaded fine.   I also didn't have an issues at my home airport

On 12/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Ray,

As we discussed, please be sure to disable Tomatoshade before proceeding with this procedure.

Question 1.  Would you please provide your system specs and then screen shots of your P3D Display, World and Lighting settings?

Desktop or Laptop?

Processor Type?

Turbo Mode Active?

Hyper Threading Active?

Overclocked?  Speed?

Graphics Card Type/Model?

GPU Overclocked?  Speed?

Memory (RAM) Size?

Prepar3d Version 

(Example: P3D 4.5.13.32097)

Question 2.  On your current Windows 10 installation, have  you ever had a different computer security program than what you are running now?  If so, and if  you merely uninstalled the software, it is possible that active remenants are still running due to the Tamper Protection that many computer security programs have.  In order to fully remove the past computer security software you will need to go to the website for the computer security developer where you will likely find a custom installer (some times called an Eraser, or Wiper).  Please download and run that as Administrator.

Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure (for those having issues)

1.  Uninstall the Aerosoft A330.

2.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft folder, and if the "Aerosoft A330 Professional" folder still exists please delete it.

3.  Open the Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\Products folder, and if the "as_a330_prof" file still exists please delete it.

4.  Delete your current A330 Installer, and re-download the A330 Installer from where you purchased the product.

5.  Reboot your computer.

6.  Ensure Hidden Files/Folders are visible by typing "folders" into the Windows Search Bar (lower left of your desktop).  When you type in "folders" (all small case letters) you should see "Show hidden files and folders" show up in the list of applications.  Please click on that and another window will open. In the new window, please ensure "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is selected. You can then close this window.  Please see the screens shots below:

7.  Using Windows Explorer, please navigate to the C:\Users[YOUR USER NANE]\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4, and delete the "Shaders" folder.  Don't worry, this folder will be rebuilt automatically the next time you start P3D.  To this even if you already did this after disabling TomatoShade.

8. Open P3D, select a default aircraft and default airport, and launch into the sim. Once the airport is fully loaded, please close P3D.

9. Disable  your computer security.

10. Ensure no other programs are running, and then run the A330 Installer as Administrator.

11. After the installation process is complete, please reboot your computer.

12. After the reboot, please ensure your computer security is still disabled.

13. Run the ASUpdater application as Administrator, select "Configuration" located at the bottom right of the window, and ensure that Experimental Updates is selected.  See screen shot.

14. Close and restart the ASUpdater, ensure you start the ASUpdater as Administrator.

15. The A330 product should show in Red. Please select the A330 product and then select "Update selected Product.

16. Close the ASUpdater.

17. Reboot.

18. Download and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.  Please take screen shots of any errors it finds and fixes it performs. If you have problems after this procedure we will need to see them.

19. Reboot your computer.

20. Start P3D and in the P3D settings ensure you have Wide Screen View selected  and HDR Textures enabled.

21. Perform a flight in the A330, and let us know if you still have issues.

Best wishes my friend!

Dave,   wish I could report better news,   but the sim failed again the same as it has in the past.    The flight was text book until about 600 miles from TOD and then experienced the same rapid assent and loss of control while on autopilot. I attached a couple screenshots if they are any help.   They look almost identical to what happened the other day.   I really believe in the product, so I'm hopeful this can get sorted.

Archived