No strobes?

sddjd

Hello, I am seeing an issue common to both my 319/20/21 and now the 330 Pro, that being I have no visible strobes on any of the planes. My 319 and 320/1 also display no nav lights (all switches are correctly set).

I installed the 330 in D:/Aerosoft (outside of my p3d folder), and I see all the expected folders within, including the effects folder referenced in the xml file. It does contain a strobe fx file among all the others. 

I do see wing, logo, and landing lights on the 330. No shaders are used, no camera/chase add one, etc.

Just looking for potential troubleshooting ideas before a full removal and reinstall of both packages. Oh, and all are current per the updater and in v4.5. Thanks for any tips!

Hi Mathijs, I'll continue digging and post if I can find a solution (ie if files were changed, and which ones they were) for reference in the future. 

Update- success, though still somewhat a mystery. I copied my /texture and /effects folders out to a temporary location. I confirmed I was on the latest release/hotfix, but re-downloaded and reinstalled the client and content components. I ran a file comparison between the two and, aside from the additions placed there by add-ons, I could not see any differences in the stock files (size, date, etc), so unfortunately couldn't identify a culprit. 

I've run through my various add-on aircraft and scenery and see nothing amiss. So, simple answer was reinstalling the client and content; took very little time and strobes appear as they should. 

Archived